• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've never understood the notion that the fanbase wouldn't tolerate or be patient for a rebuild.

We're in a Canadian hockey city. We'll bitch about it but guess what we're tuning into every Saturday night?

I think the real question is would the media be able to handle a rebuild?

I worry for guys like Feschuk, he'll get an uptick as the tear down begins as he cowardly rips into players as they leave but then what?

Yawnier

Banned
Damn Craig Button's feb. 2015 draft rankings is going against the grain

Provorov #5, Hanifin #6, Barzal #19, Zacha #31.

Beauvillier almost in the top 15 though, Crouse at #12, and Chabot at #22. I sort of like those ones.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Beauvillier almost in the top 15 though, Crouse at #12, and Chabot at #22. I sort of like those ones.
Craig Button is an idiot so it makes sense.

Cake Boss

Banned

Konecky at #25 too.

Marner at #3 isn't bad though.

Don't worry, you can't fail when you draft another Gauthier.

Razorskin

----- ------

I didn't mind the idea of the Habs getting Beauvillier but all of you are going to crack short jokes if it happens.
TbR71ki.png

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
SON OF A BITCH!

That's what happens when your owner is buddy buddies with the assistant coach, he gets selected over a legit candidate in your own system (though I will admit that the team has been playing better under Cameron than it was under Maclean).

I heard Luke isn't going anywhere until his daughter is done with college and she still has a year left after this. That said, Buffalo isn't quite as far from Cornell as Ottawa is :/

Cake Boss

Banned
SON OF A BITCH!

Nice to have a GM with a clear vision and an owner that has deep enough pockets to back him up.

I look at our division and I get depressed. Everyone seems to be better than us and the ones that aren't have a clear vision of what they want to do, tank and acquire high end talent. Even the Leafs are embrassing it now.

We are just stuck in mediocrity.

Kingslunk, thoughts on Benn's comments about the Sedins?

Overblown since they were led on by the radio hosts, and they were on an "edgy" show meant for a dudebro audience.

It was still inappropriate and disrespectful, and Benn apologized for it (yet Seguin got off scot-free?) Time to move on.

NYR94

I don't know what those bars mean.

He gets the ice time and shot on goal production of a third liner, but in all other offensive categories on the chart he's producing like a first line player. He's been one of the best value players, if not the best, in the NHL this season.

Red_Man

LeBrun just said this on TSN Montreal RE: Bergevin and the trade deadline:

I'm not sure if there's a GM making more phone calls right now than (Bergevin).
Marc Bergevin is more focused on a hockey deal than he is on a rental deal
Good to hear, I trust him to do what needs to be done. If the prices are too high, I'm perfectly okay with him doing nothing too.

Good to hear, I trust him to do what needs to be done. If the prices are too high, I'm perfectly okay with him doing nothing too.

What are your needs?

Defense and top six right winger right?

Red_Man

What are your needs?

Defense and top six right winger right?
Yea, top 6 right winger and a top 4 D, preferably a right one. We need a pure scorer, we have too many playmakers and not enough shooter right now and our RW depth is pretty weak.

MB has been a great GM for MTL he's probably one of the better GMs of the eastern conference

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Which top 6 forwards are realistically available with contracts beyond next year?

Only been looking up rentals.

Top Bottom