• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

zroid

Banned
This article is silly and reeks of typical G&M UNNAMED SOURCES bs, but thumbs up if Shanny can actually do it!

well there is this

jiSQ1Lh.png

LevelNth

Banned
I'm sure Babcock wants to take part in the demolition that will be the Oilers 2.0
Anyone who is anyone knows if Babcock comes to the Leafs, it's cause he's getting a huge paycheck and a lot of control over the roster.

Money can go a long, long way, no matter the situation.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone who is anyone knows if Babcock comes to the Leafs, it's cause he's getting a huge paycheck and a lot of control over the roster.

Money can go a long, long way, no matter the situation.
Babcock is one of the most competitive people in hockey, he's not coming to Toronto because they're paying him an extra million so he can sit and rot with a rebuilding team for 5 years.

LevelNth

Banned
He's not coming.

Give it up homer.

Babcock is one of the most competitive people in hockey, he's not coming to Toronto because they're paying him an extra million so he can sit and rot with a rebuilding team for 5 years.
Lol, I doubt there's a single Leaf fan that thinks he's coming to T.O, but I do enjoy how quickly other fans get their panties all bunched at even the mere notion.

It would be so enjoyable to see the meltdowns if it did somehow actually happen.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol, I doubt there's a single Leaf fan that thinks he's coming to T.O, but I do enjoy how quickly other fans get their panties all bunched at even the mere notion.

It would be so enjoyable to see the meltdowns if it did somehow actually happen.

Lol you just said money speaks blah blah....oh never mind now I know who I am talking to.

Samyy

Well, I don't know why you think it could just be an extra million, I'm sure they could give him a signficant amount more.

But yea, I don't think it'll happen. I think its more likely someone like Deboer takes over.

zroid

Banned
Well, I don't know why you think it could just be an extra million, I'm sure they could give him a signficant amount more.

But yea, I don't think it'll happen. I think its more likely someone like Deboer takes over.

They should bring back Dallas Eakins as an assistant

Samyy

They should bring back Dallas Eakins as an assistant

Didn't he do an interview saying he wants to be a head coach?
And just as a clarification, I'm not sure if the head coach generally picks the assistants? Not sure what that means for Spott and Horachek, but I think maybe we should let the new head coach determine what assistants they want?

zroid

Banned
Didn't he do an interview saying he wants to be a head coach?
And just as a clarification, I'm not sure if the head coach generally picks the assistants? Not sure what that means for Spott and Horachek, but I think maybe we should let the new head coach determine what assistants they want?

He did say that he "sees himself as a head coach" but who's gonna hire him as a head coach?

Whether the HC picks his own assistants will probably depend on whom they hire. If it's Babcock for example, obviously he will have all the leverage. If it's DeBoer, then more likely Leafs might say ok you can pick one and we'll pick one.

Anyway, just saying I'd like to have Eakins back in the org, lol. He's a smart guy.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
A few of the Ranger dads were at the game in Toronto, but the rest are joining the team tonight in Denver. Henrik Lundqvist is also traveling with the team with his dad.

For months I've been seeing that Game of War banner ad on my phone and I kept thinking "Wow, they are pushing for a lawsuit from Kate Upton. That looks like her." And then I saw that commercial and realized they licensed her.

Damn, that mobile F2P industry must make a lot of bucks.

Remember Evony? Those ads were everywhere (at least before Adblock was a thing). Always featured some attractive lady that had nothing to do with the actual game.

Delryk

If their plan is actually to completely tear down and rebuild the team, it'll be the first time the Leafs have done that in 40+ years.

exactly.. I'm all for it.. but I'm hoping this isn't another one of their BS...

We do have Shanny, Dubas and Hunter.. I believe in these guys... :)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Leafs-GAF be careful, they might try to lure you to other hockey-GAF fandoms.

I've already been claimed by Sens-GAF.

manfestival

anyone from lightning-GAF going to the game tonight? I will be there with a group of 20 people that I have amassed! You are free to join us if you would like.

Cactus

Banned
exactly.. I'm all for it.. but I'm hoping this isn't another one of their BS...

We do have Shanny, Dubas and Hunter.. I believe in these guys... :)

A complete rebuild guided by a smart, young management team is definitely the way to go. MLSE gave the old-school method one last shot this year, and it was an unmitigated disaster. Shanny probably convinced them that the team would struggle mightily to make the playoffs in each of the next 3-5 seasons, so it would be a perfect time to rebuild and draft high. Plus, it's not like ticket sales will suffer much.

Luckily, we're still at a point where most of the moveable players are still considered valuable. In two or three years, Phaneuf will probably be unmovable, for example, but I can see a handful of teams showing interest this summer, and any deal involving Kessel will be a blockbuster for sure.

zroid

Banned
lololololol

O'Neill on Leafs Lunch: "I would have had the meeting with all the board guys and called Kessel to come up to the room, take your shirt off, look at that guy. He makes eight million dollars."

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Appearently the Vegas ticket drive is half way to 10k in 48 hours according to NBC Sports.

Sorry I can't provide a link, as I am on my phone.

Spl1nter

@markhmasters
Once again today Clarkson maintained that him getting scratched was msg to team & not indictment on his play

The true tank leader.

Top Bottom