• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Line_HTX

Any of you remember when DoA was trying to be a respectable fighting game? Neither do I.

They're doing the whole tournament series similar to Capcom Pro Tour, and it got received well last year. I expect them to do it again this year.

Now if someone can find a way to shut down Helena's stupidity consistently...

I still fail to see a problem with marie rose, and I do not like loli shit. This isn't the place for that of course.

Marie is also my sub in DOA5, shes super fun to play

At least they don't claim she's 1000 years old.
yea but nyo-tengu is
giphy.gif

Ah so that explains it. Being from Edmonton must be tough then lol.

It does suck not being able to watch most Jets games without having to use other means, yeah. The city itself is alright though. Don't have too many complaints in that regard.

respectable is a stupid descriptor. The game is what it is and its fun as hell. As far as im concerned its more respectable than SFV and the pisspoor state that game released in

Maybe respectable isn't the right word. I'm talking in the sense that it became less about the game and its mechanics and more about the costumes the ladies get as DLC, at least from an outsiders perspective.

Maybe respectable isn't the right word. I'm talking in the sense that it became less about the game and its mechanics and more about the costumes the ladies get as DLC, at least from an outsiders perspective.
before the release of DOA5, ultimate, and last round they marketed a lot of the improved gameplay, and it seems to have paid off since a lot more people play DOA5 than any game in the series history. The costumes definitely get a lot of attention, but that is how they are making their money since the release of core fighters.
WTF is happening in here right now.
wanna talk anime instead mate?

Interview with Trevor Timmins.

http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/47af9fb1-9eb3-4985-86fc-5633e6b2431e%7C_0.html

(it's in french but I translated a bit of it.)

Lehkonen 29 points, including 15 goals, in 42 games in a club who finished second overall. Timmins confirms the presence of the young man coming to the Canadiens training camp next year.

"There is no shadow of a doubt. He signed a new contract with Frolunda, but He did not commit to play for them next year. We must get him to sign a contract in March, but we want to him here and he wants to sign a contract with us."

Lehkonen is described as the most underrated prospect in the organization, as much by Timmins by Martin Lapointe, director of player development. Timmins has already likened his style to that of Brendan Gallagher.

On Vejdemo:

Timmins also likes to highlight the significant progress of Lukas Vejdemo, a third round pick in 2015. Vejdemo, A Center, is 6-foot-2. He is on the second line of Djurgardens in the elite league in Sweden. "He will not have a short term impact with us, but we will keep an eye on him. He has a style similar to that of Jacob De La Rose, but is a bit more aggressive than him. "

before the release of DOA5, ultimate, and last round they marketed a lot of the improved gameplay, and it seems to have paid off since a lot more people play DOA5 than any game in the series history. The costumes definitely get a lot of attention, but that is how they are making their money since the release of core fighters.

Fair enough. I'm not going to claim I'm an expert on this since I haven't closely followed the game much (read: very little, if any) so I'll take your word for it.

list of good animes :
-Welcome to the NHK
-Yuru Yuri
-Ben-to

list of bad animes :
-all of them

I'm going to have to introduce you to a couple of shows. Ever heard of Black Lagoon?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
WTF is happening in here right now.

these are tough times in Canada man

list of good animes :
-Welcome to the NHK
-Yuru Yuri
-Ben-to

list of bad animes :
-all of them

I'm not gonna watch anything that has "Yuri" in its titles.

Anime I've watched and liked:

AoT
Evangelion (-ending)
Guilty Crown
SAO (arc 1&3, fuck arc 2)
Gurren Lagann

Uh... I think that's it off the top of my head. Unless you count 90's stuff like Pokemon LOL.

I'm not gonna watch anything that has "Yuri" in its titles.

Anime I've watched and liked:

AoT
Evangelion (-ending)
Guilty Crown
SAO (arc 1&3, fuck arc 2)
Gurren Lagann

Uh... I think that's it off the top of my head. Unless you count 90's stuff like Pokemon LOL.
Guilty crown is terrible, I also didn't like gurren lagann, however kill la kill was awesome. you share my opinion on SAO

I like to recommend:
Psycho-pass
Black Lagoon
Code Geass
Spice and Wolf
and Steins;Gate

the thing is : I have a gf, video games, hockey, comics and movies

there's no time for this anime trash
I tend to watch anime when im working from home, or when im playing a video game that doesnt require 100% attention (FFXI, destiny when I still played it)

Its also why I only watched dubbed anime, so I dont have to constantly be reading

Guilty crown is terrible, I also didn't like gurren lagann, however kill la kill was awesome. you share my opinion on SAO

I like to recommend:
Psycho-pass
Black Lagoon
Code Geass
Spice and Wolf
and Steins;Gate

Seconded the bolded. Don't watch Code Geass though. For your own sake.

I'll also throw in a couple of other recommendations:

Full Metal Panic
Durarara
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Hellsing Ultimate
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
The Vision of Escaflowne

Between these you should find something to your liking.

the thing is : I have a gf, video games, hockey, comics and movies

there's no time for this anime trash

I don't see University on there.

You got time to watch anime.

I like to recommend:
Psycho-pass
Black Lagoon
Code Geass
Spice and Wolf
and Steins;Gate

ONly first season of Psycho-Pass which is absolutely amazing but the second season sucks.

Top Bottom