• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

CbtQin6W4AAuiyh.jpg

<3 Jagr

Dr.Acula

Banned
Sure, but that's not how it has ever been counted in-season. It's basically a fait accompli at this point, but that's not the same thing as clinching.

But can 8 other teams all get enough points off each other to displace Washington? Or would they have to cannibalise each others points too much?

Someone tweet 538.

Brashnir

But can 8 other teams all get enough points off each other to displace Washington? Or would they have to cannibalise each others points too much?

Someone tweet 538.

With the possibility for 3-point games, the potential for cannibalization goes down quite a bit, at least on the mathematical extreme end where clinching is concerned. You're also calculating a situation where Washington loses all its remaining games, giving those points to the pursuing teams when they play them.

Without running the numbers, I think we're still a ways off, but there might be a glimmer of it being possible by March 1.

KingBroly

Banned
With the possibility for 3-point games, the potential for cannibalization goes down quite a bit, at least on the mathematical extreme end where clinching is concerned. You're also calculating a situation where Washington loses all its remaining games, giving those points to the pursuing teams when they play them.

Without running the numbers, I think we're still a ways off, but there might be a glimmer of it being possible by March 1.

The Caps play the Blackhawks on Feb. 28th

While we have 90 points, and we've earned them, it definitely doesn't feel like it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I find it amazing the oilers ditched a large portion of their management yet 3/4 into the season it appears nothing has changed

zroid

Banned
I find it amazing the oilers ditched a large portion of their management yet 3/4 into the season it appears nothing has changed

In the new management's defence, they actually did have a plan this year, unlike the previous regime.

That plan was McDavid will drag us into the playoffs kicking and screaming.

I'm canceling my subscription to NHL.tv. I was able to find a YouTube stream faster than the webpage loading, plus it doesn't stutter every 5 seconds.

I'm canceling my subscription to NHL.tv. I was able to find a YouTube stream faster than the webpage loading, plus it doesn't stutter every 5 seconds.

Bruh there is a reddit page devoted to providing streams. It has saved me all season after I decided to drop NHL.tv or NHL gamecent live. Whatever it used to be

Top Bottom