• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Socreges

Banned
Maple Leafs' Babcock insists he's not tanking

Mike Babcock wants to make one thing clear: the Toronto Maple Leafs aren't intentionally losing games.

“If you think that I’m not trying to get these guys to play as hard as they can possibly play, you’re missing the boat,” Babcock told reporters after practice Wednesday, according to Terry Koshan of The Toronto Sun.

“They give me a group and I do everything I can to help that team win. We go through how are we going to win."

The Leafs have lost four straight games, and seven of their last eight. Only the Edmonton Oilers have a worse record, and both teams have a league-low 50 points.

"We know what we’re doing, we know what our plan is, we know what we are trying to do long term, and I think we have been diligent about doing that," Babcock said. "We are working hard to try to get players better.”

General manager Lou Lamoriello has begun gutting the roster ahead of the Feb. 29 trade deadline, sending Dion Phaneuf to the Ottawa Senators in a nine-player swap, trading forward Shawn Matthias to the Colorado Avalanche, and dealing defenseman Roman Polak and forward Nick Spaling to the San Jose Sharks.

Babcock believes the transaction involving his former captain will ultimately benefit both teams.

"Were we a better team when we had Dion Phaneuf? Yes," he said. "Is it a good trade for Ottawa right now? Yes. Is it going to be a good trade for the Leafs? Yes. That’s what a trade is. It’s good for both of you. Trading (Polak) - is that a good trade for the Leafs? Absolutely. Do we miss (him)? For sure.

"That’s black and white. There is no grey area. You don’t have to surmise anything. That’s the plan.”

That plan is seemingly focused on the future, no matter how hard the current players and their head coach work to win now.
What a meaningless article, interview, whatever that was. Obviously Babcock isn't coaching to lose. The question is with the organization.

I missed the 1st goal but the second wasn't his fault. Two defense and neither took anyone. Puck gets tipped and Gallagher had a tap in.

But yeah we'll see how he goes in the 1st round.

I believe he can bring Washington a cup. If Price was healthy, I think the Stanley Cup ECF would be a different result.

Cake Boss

Banned
Galchenbust has 15 goals
Zack Smith has 15 goals

Both are centers playing LW.

One is loved by coach, other is hated.

Zack Smith for Galchenbust pls.

Yawnier

Banned
i love jim benning
Jim Benning right now:

Chairs.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So I see guys on Twitter saying that AGally is being shipped, anyone know where this rumour originated from?

Top Bottom