• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gelinas for a 3rd? I always thought he was pretty decent, dude scores on us every fucking time we play the Devils

ryan299

Saving Rutherford from himself! Well I'm assuming they were out since they got Schultz but I was still afraid the Pens might bring him in.

I don't think he would've. I think Pens need some forwards. A winger for Crosby. Hornqvist isn't good and Kunitz is alright, but he's almost done.

Razorskin

----- ------
n6voeen.png

Solo

he doesn't HAVE to, but if Drouin refuses to play for them in the future they'll regret no trading a possible 1st pick

Maybe, but at the same time, if Drouin won't play in the AHL or for Tampa, isn't he basically fucking his career over for the X number of years Tampa owns his rights?

Dude's smartest move would be to STFU and play wherever Tampa tells him too and excel.

calder

Holy shit, seeing all these teams go out of their way to get terrible hockey players baffles me. And it baffles me even more how the Jets seem unable to get in on this "give us a couple of picks for this awful defenseman" trend.

Marvie_3

Banned
Maybe, but at the same time, if Drouin won't play in the AHL or for Tampa, isn't he basically fucking his career over?

Dude's smartest move would be to STFU and play wherever Tampa tells him too and excel.
This.

Holy shit, seeing all these teams go out of their way to get terrible hockey players baffles me. And it baffles me even more how the Jets seem unable to get in on this "give us a couple of picks for this awful defenseman" trend.
They did when we got Oduya from you.

imBask

Banned
Maybe, but at the same time, if Drouin won't play in the AHL or for Tampa, isn't he basically fucking his career over for the X number of years Tampa owns his rights?

oh i'm not taking the blame off Drouin, I really don't want this diva on our team he's a shitbag, i'm just saying he fucked Yzerman over and I think the price is going down down down because of it

Solo

The thing that bothers me about the Drouin saga is that he hasn't proven shit. Not that I approve of hold outs or primadonnas on any level, but at least it makes sense when they're a proven NHL commodity, which Drouin isn't.

Xeteh

:( Not Tangs. Not to the fucking desert.

I knooooow, its like the time my grandma told me we sent my dog to a farm with the big open spaces.

The thing that bothers me about the Drouin saga is that he hasn't proven shit. Not that I approve of hold outs or primadonnas on any level, but at least it makes sense when they're a proven NHL commodity, which Drouin isn't.

You're not wrong but I can totally understand it has to be frustrating as all hell barely being used while players from your draft class have been important members of their teams for 3 years now.

ZeroGravity

You really think sitting out and not playing any hockey for 9 months will help his value?
He's 20 and a potential elite player. There's always going to be teams interested.

Maybe he realizes how stupid he's being by sitting out and at least reports to Syracuse for the rest of the season if he's not traded.

Apparently Russell to stars for pollack, jokkipakka, and a conditional 2nd..

Typical, looks like you guys already reported on it. Kinda glad to be rid of him, but will still miss him, was a great locker room guy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He's 20 and a potential elite player. There's always going to be teams interested.
I didn't say teams wouldn't be interested, but you're crazy if you think they'll get more value for him at the draft then now. He didn't light up his short stint in the AHL and would be sitting out for almost a calendar year, no one is giving up top prospects and picks for that in June.

zroid

Banned
You really think sitting out and not playing any hockey for 9 months will help his value?

Well, there is one benefit to it. Apparently if he doesn't play anymore NHL games this season he will have an extra year of team control. Don't suppose a team trading for him now and sticking him on their AHL team is really an option, so it kinda makes sense to wait.

eyeless

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 29s30 seconds ago

If DAL makes conference Final, that second becomes a first. Burke will next appear on-air in a Stars jersey.
a potential first round pick for kris russell..

calder

The Avs make awful trades, Dallas doubles down and takes the most overrated dman available and then still over pays for him... I'm thrilled we signed Buff, I am, but I can't even imagine what the return on him as a rental would have been.

The Avs make awful trades, Dallas doubles down and takes the most overrated dman available and then still over pays for him... I'm thrilled we signed Buff, I am, but I can't even imagine what the return on him as a rental would have been.

If you guys didn't sign Buff, he'd probably be a Dallas Star or a Blackhawk by now.

"If team makes conference final" is a pretty ok condition though. I mean realistically it's most likely not happening, and if it happens then the trade worked well enough to get them there.

Top Bottom