• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Marvie_3

Banned
The Avs make awful trades, Dallas doubles down and takes the most overrated dman available and then still over pays for him... I'm thrilled we signed Buff, I am, but I can't even imagine what the return on him as a rental would have been.
Benn, Seguin, and 15 1st round picks.

The Avs make awful trades, Dallas doubles down and takes the most overrated dman available and then still over pays for him... I'm thrilled we signed Buff, I am, but I can't even imagine what the return on him as a rental would have been.

Literally the only useful thing Winnipeg has done. Thanks for keeping Buff weighed down by the shittiness of Winnipeg.

Curufinwe

"If team makes conference final" is a pretty ok condition though. I mean realistically it's most likely not happening, and if it happens then the trade worked well enough to get them there.

They should have put a CF% condition on there for Russell, too. Maybe 47%, which would be three points higher than his Calgary number.

zroid

Banned
"If team makes conference final" is a pretty ok condition though. I mean realistically it's most likely not happening, and if it happens then the trade worked well enough to get them there.

Or maybe that they could have gotten there without making a trade at all

Russell isn't really going to help their defence so that would probably be the case

who knows though, maybe he scores a bunch of goals, then I'm sure they'll take it

Chris R

Tangs got sent to the great big glue factory in the sky, terrible is not the word I'd use to describe the trade.

Tabris

Is there something illegal to do something like:

"OK Hamhuis we'll re-sign you in the off season, but since we aren't as competitive this year, we want to get some trade value to help us next year - Mind going to Boston for 20 games?"

Essentially back door handshake agreement.

Or maybe that they could have gotten there without making a trade at all

Russell isn't really going to help their defence so that would probably be the case

Yeah the base trade seems a bit bad, i just don't mind conditions like that.

Though it is Dallas, so it's not like it could actually hurt their defense.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If Russel gets a first, can we get two firsts from Boston for Hamhuis?

Can someone post one of those chart pics for Russel vs Hamhuis?

giphy.gif

I wonder if we'll even reach double digits before the deadline passes?

Socreges

Banned
If Russel gets a first, can we get two firsts from Boston for Hamhuis?

Can someone post one of those chart pics for Russel vs Hamhuis?
I was doing that comparison earlier. Not flattering for Russell.

Hopefully someone out there knows Hamhuis' worth. And hopefully Benning isn't clenching too hard.

Less than an hour and Liles is likely the only other piece Francis might move (unless we get more AHL-level talent being swapped). Given our blue line depth, I don't expect JML to be re-signed, but I could also see there being little to no market for him. He's played well, but not well enough for someone to take on that $3.7M cap hit.

imBask

Banned
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m1 minute ago
Sellers that haven't done anything: Columbus, Buffalo, New Jersey, Ottawa..

Devils did trade Gelinas tho

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Terrible deadline. Everyone is giving in to Chicago, just give them the cup and let's get to the draft already.

Oh yeah, the Oilers claimed someone from the Canucks off waivers. He must be desperate to stay relevant in the NHL if he's excited to play for the Oilers.

Yawnier

Banned
mcKenzie says the Pens are in on Hamhuis which is just stupid to me.

Well he also said that Hamhuis probably won't waive his NTC to go there. Same thing with Boston too.

I get the impression Hamhuis only wants to go to Chicago, LA, Dallas or bust.

Dat Full NTC

Tabris

I really think we should re-sign Hamhuis. We don't want to become like EDM doing rebuild with no defence leading to a losing culture.

Keep Hamhuis playing here for next 4-5 years into retirement.

EDIT: RYAN KESLER IS A LOSER AND I HOPE HE NEVER WINS ANYTHING.

yyzjohn

Banned
I wanted to get rid of Eller/Emelin today for a LW or Rychel

:(

Guess we gotta wait at the draft =/

I've never been a fan of selling low on your players. Wait until Price gets back, makes the entire team look better and then deal from a position of strength. It'l take you into next season but so be it.

Top Bottom