• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

imBask

Banned
A team can change radically in six years. Then again the Leafs haven't done much in the past 10 years.

The Leafs definitely don't have "nothing" - they are close to having nothing, but Marner, Nylander, Rielly, and Kadri alone go against that notion.

Marner and Nylander are both question marks. I will never trust junior stats, the NHL is something else and many of them never adapt properly

zroid

Banned
well there it is

2wAiHiz.png

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 23s23 seconds ago
Annual salary breakdown of the Dustin Byfuglien contract: $8 million, $8 million, $8 million, $8 million, $6 million.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
didn't Byfuglien say no to a 6/36M contract? did they really offer him more?!

I honestly think you guys have nothing, and it's nothing about the rivalry and nothing personal

next year the Leafs will have at least 4 prospects graduate... 2 of them elite level... and they'll still have one of the better prospect pools in the league... probably because they're expected to have at least 15 picks heading into the this years draft

Cake Boss

Banned
Its actually a decent deal for the jets. They don't have to pay a 38 year old Buff, 5 years is more manageable and the cap hit isn't that bad.

Yawnier

Banned
God damn that is a lot of money for Buff. I guess that is his big retirement contract though... probably. (Turns 31 next month)

imBask

Banned
What individual players get, e.g. Subban getting 8 x 9, doesn't affect the percentage of HHR going to the owners.

?

that's not what i'm saying. If Buff is getting 7.5 a year, Stamkos the 25yo two times Maurice Richard trophy winner is DEFINITELY getting a 12M AAV contract

Quick

Banned
well there it is

2wAiHiz.png

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 23s23 seconds ago
Annual salary breakdown of the Dustin Byfuglien contract: $8 million, $8 million, $8 million, $8 million, $6 million.

Not bad.

Even $6 million by the time he's 36 probably isn't the worst.

zroid

Banned
You can probably count the number of D-men who are better than Buff on one hand. I don't really think it's much of an overpayment, especially at the 5 year term.

Norrisson, Subban, Doughty, Keith are the ones I'd say for sure. Maybe Hedman, and a couple others.

You can probably count the number of D-men who are better than Buff on one hand. I don't really think it's much of an overpayment, especially at the 5 year term.

Norrisson, Subban, Doughty, Keith are the ones I'd say for sure. Maybe Hedman, and a couple others.
uhhh, weber, suter maybe letang (at least with how hes playing right now)

Samyy

My first thought.

But who or what do we need to add?

JVR is on pace for 58-60 points on an offensively inept team, on a really good team friendly deal, so hopefully we wouldn't have to add much :(

But they'll want the world for a guy like Trouba.

imBask

Banned
Alexei Emelin, 6' 2" 216 lb is such a great defenseman, I can't believe Bergevin would trade him, he's so good! He really loves the color BLUE for some weird reason! He would be such a good piece for a team that would win in, let's say the next 6 years...

I wonder who could want this fine gentleman, who loves medias and won't crack under pressure

did I mention he likes the color blue?

Samyy

Alexei Emelin, 6' 2" 216 lb is such a great defenseman, I can't believe Bergevin would trade him, he's so good! He really loves the color BLUE for some weird reason! He would be such a good piece for a team that would win in, let's say the next 6 years...

I wonder who could want this fine gentleman, who loves medias and won't crack under pressure

did I mention he likes the color blue?

Nonis would've probably been sold on this

zroid

Banned
Probably

He traded Gunnarsson + 4th round pick + retained salary for Roman fucking Polak.

Man that trade still pisses me off

Liles for Gleason is still the worse D-man swap

at least we might be able to get something out of Polak at the deadline. 4th sounds about right.

Samyy

Liles for Gleason is still the worse D-man swap

at least we might be able to get something out of Polak at the deadline. 4th sounds about right.

A 4th? Dream big, zroid!
There still must be a few stupid GMs left in the league

Curufinwe

Yeah, he's 2nd in the league in D scoring this decade.

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/2010s-nhl-defensemen-stats.html

A team like the Jets who are nowhere near the cap ceiling and have trouble getting free agents would be crazy to let him walk, assuming they haven't seen any red flags while watching him every day for the past six seasons.

Top Bottom