• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Foggy

I can't wait for the salt when the Red Wings sign Stamkos.

Play for a team that can win or play in a country that has weak currency and get paid in U.S. bucks?

That's the major fly in the ointment. Can Stamkos stomach playing for a rebuild team just so he can maybe get a StamCock statue built?

imBask

Banned
play in front of a media group that will act like a media group
or
play in front of a media group that will crucify you if you hit any kind of slump, and analyze every molecule of every meal you ever eat

I guess that's also part of the equation

imBask

Banned
Ca0HyJSW8AEQHUi.jpg:large

I'm actually OK with that. Kadri at 25 (26 in October) is the player we already know he'll be. Being able to flip him and get back a 19 year old with some promise to grow with the rest of the young Leafs might be a good thing. By the time Leafs are ready to contend, Kadri will be pushing 28-29 and looking for big money.

I like Kadri, but he still has room to grow. He's not scoring as much as they'd hoped when they drafted him, but he is playing better and smarter, outside of some of last night's incidents.

I agree with what you said, and would hate to see him go, but if we could get a really good prospect or pick it might be worthwhile given the above.

I hope Lupul gets traded for a bag of Ketchup Doritos. Another $5M off the books.

I was a big Lupul fan when he first came to Toronto, but he's had a lot of issues and just can't stay healthy. It would be nice to flip him for the rebuild, but who knows if that's going to be possible. It won't be easy.

Quick

Banned
Lupul's time in Toronto seems to be coming to an end.

I don't expect him to be back next year - either he gets bought out in the summer, or gets traded with the Leafs retaining salary.

zroid

Banned
Lupul's time in Toronto seems to be coming to an end.

I don't expect him to be back next year - either he gets bought out in the summer, or gets traded with the Leafs retaining salary.

i think it's more likely he gets bought out next summer -- they can afford to keep him on the roster as a warm body for another year at least.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dave Chapelle is still one of the greatest of all time. Incredible show last night.

Apparently as long as I keep missing games, these assholes will keep winning, we're going to pull a classic Leafs drive to 9th.

Quick

Banned
what happened to Lupul? why did he get so bad so fast? injuries?

Injuries. Just unfortunate strings of injuries that really hampered his time here.

That being said, when he arrived to Toronto, he was at his worst having just gone through a blood clot infection AFTER back surgery.

His conditioning seemed to have improved the next season, but the dude is just all-glass.

Dave Chapelle is still one of the greatest of all time. Incredible show last night.

Apparently as long as I keep missing games, these assholes will keep winning, we're going to pull a classic Leafs drive to 9th.

How many times did random douchebags yell out "I'm Rick James, Bitch!"?

zroid

Banned
word is Noodles is still going to co host alongside Hayes and Odog in the 4-7 show.

it's just his tv commitments will probably get in the way more often than before

also Mike Richards won't be from 12-1, it'll be a 1 hr hockey show a la HC@Noon

So I guess Siemens got kneed in the back of the head yesterday and had to be taken out on a stretcher. Our prospects really have a knack for being injured in some fucked up ways.

Red_Man

How many times did random douchebags yell out "I'm Rick James, Bitch!"?
Surprisingly not once. They were pretty strict on no yelling out and locked everyone's phones in cases. I was amazed at how good he still is and he had a lot of material on Canada / Toronto.

word is Noodles is still going to co host alongside Hayes and Odog in the 4-7 show.

it's just his tv commitments will probably get in the way more often than before

Wait, what's happening to Leafs Lunch?

Red_Man

Even after seeing guys like Phaneuf and Clarkson traded, I still don't believe that Desharnais can be moved. He has to be bought out, that's the only way we'll be rid of him.

Quick

Banned
Surprisingly not once. They were pretty strict on no yelling out and locked everyone's phones in cases. I was amazed at how good he still is and he had a lot of material on Canada / Toronto.

My experience with Dave Chappelle shows were either videos or the random article here and there. And it always talks about people who yell out Chappelle Show lines.

I know he partnered up with a company to produce a case that locks your phone up. I'm guessing this is what you had.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I know you guys hate him but haters to the left I love Mike Richards.

I don't need deep knowledge on sports on every damn show I listen to, sometimes I just want to have fun and laugh.

Yawnier

Banned
Even after seeing guys like Phaneuf and Clarkson traded, I still don't believe that Desharnais can be moved. He has to be bought out, that's the only way we'll be rid of him.

IMO he could be moved, but you guys would have to take a contract or cap hit back

Red_Man

My experience with Dave Chappelle shows were either videos or the random article here and there. And it always talks about people who yell out Chappelle Show lines.

I know he partnered up with a company to produce a case that locks your phone up. I'm guessing this is what you had.
They had a 10 minute speech before that was basically telling people to stay quiet unless he directed a question to the audience, probably for that very reason, and yea there was a thread on Gaf about the case

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1149627

Really cool tech and it was simple to remove at the end of the night. It was nice being at a show where everyone wasn't filming / snapping every moment.

IMO he could be moved, but you guys would have to take a contract or cap hit back
Maybe, it's stupid though because he can be an effective third liner, we shouldn't have to take on some horrible contract to be rid of him. Just stop treating him like he's fucking Tavares

Top Bottom