• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Sweet Jesus at that Florida 2nd line, WTF happened there. There is no way they are making the playoffs with that forward group.
Made it in with even less. Same goal by comitee team relying on our D.

Huberdeau setting up Mueller's cannon will be beast. Kovalev is what I don't like, too much potential to fail. Or it could turn out amazing.

Blues lineup tomorrow night:

Perron Backes Oshie
Schwartz Berglund Stewart
McDonald Steen Tarasenko
D'Agostini Sobotka Reaves

Cole Pietrangelo
Jackman Shattenkirk
Russell Polak

Halak
Elliott

Cake Boss

Banned
ibuD6fS0s2yw6H.gif

One day to go. 24 hours. In 24 hours it will be 4-0 Pittsburgh over the Flyers in the second period.

And end up losing the game 10-4.

Fei

Here are the lines from today’s practice:
Scott-Hecht-Kaleta
Ellis-McCormick-Gerbe

I guess I'll take Hecht-McCormick-Gerbe as a fourth line (I know the two are on IR for now). Scott will be in the pressbox most games, and Ellis should be in Rochester. Kaleta will probably be injured half the games like normal.

I don't know how they don't move at least one of their defensemen. McNabb looked ready last year and he hasn't even been able to come to camp.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Florida looks really weak Imo, and STL will dominate if their rookies show up, great line up.

Socreges

Banned
Canucks forward lines would be pretty sexy with Kesler, Booth and some mystical third line center. Maybe in a couple months. For now our secondary scoring will probably suffer, but at least we'll be good defensively and have the dmen contributing offensively.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Canucks forward lines would be pretty sexy with Kesler, Booth and some mystical third line center. Maybe in a couple months. For now our secondary scoring will probably suffer, but at least we'll be good defensively and have the dmen contributing offensively.

Literally, when they take Volpatti out and play Vandermeer on the fourth line.

I guess I'll take Hecht-McCormick-Gerbe as a fourth line (I know the two are on IR for now). Scott will be in the pressbox most games, and Ellis should be in Rochester. Kaleta will probably be injured half the games like normal.

I don't know how they don't move at least one of their defensemen. McNabb looked ready last year and he hasn't even been able to come to camp.

Barring further injuries they have to move or waive two people soon, Gerbe and McCormick seem to be short term injuries. Ellis is the easy first choice and it'd be just stupid to waive another forward and keep 8 defense in Buffalo. Especially considering McNabb should be here too.

Though the 2nd person moved could be Grigorenko going back to juniors. Which would suck because that'd make Hecht the 3rd line center.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Gomez would be a fine 3rd line centre for a team in need of one for around a million. Just don't expect anything else from him.

Skab

Blues lineup tomorrow night:

Perron Backes Oshie
Schwartz Berglund Stewart
McDonald Steen Tarasenko
D'Agostini Sobotka Reaves

Cole Pietrangelo
Jackman Shattenkirk
Russell Polak

Halak
Elliott

Looking forward to seeing Tarasenko in action after all the talk the last few seasons.

Is McDonald for sure playing tomorrow? He was out of the scrim yesterday with the flu.

Malone - Stamkos - St. Louis
Conacher - Lecavalier - Purcell
Pouliot - Pyatt - Tyrell
Labrie - Thompson - Crombeen
Hall

Hedman - Salo
Brewer - Carle
Aulie - Lee
Bergeron - Mikkelson

Lindback
Garon

Much better lineup than last year.

I was wondering about Ohlund, and found this via Google:

Ohlund (knee) has finally admitted his playing career might be over, reports the Tampa Bay Times. "I'm not close to working out or even skating," Ohlund said. "Clearly I have to be realistic. I haven't played for a year and a half. Nobody has told me it's impossible to ever play again but, clearly, the longer it goes the chances of that are getting tougher and tougher." Almost a year ago, Ohlund underwent a partial knee replacement.

:(

Any1 know any info on Bergenheim's injury? He injured his groin in October but they still don't know how long he's out for? ...what?

All I can find is he probably doesn't need surgery. No timetable.

ObiDin

Benn probably won't be signed in time for this weekends games according to Dallas Morning News. Fucking Fail Joe Newy.. :\

Stars lines for opening night probably look like this:

Loui Eriksson-Derek Roy-Jaromir Jagr

Ray Whitney-Tom Wandell-Michael Ryder

Brenden Morrow-Vern Fiddler-Eric Nystrom

Ryan Garbutt-Cody Eakin-Reilly Smith.

Alex Goligoski-Stephane Robidas

Jordie Benn-Trevor Daley

Brenden Dillon-Philip Larsen

Kari Lehtonen

1st line is pretty sexy. If we had Benn.. Roy would be 2nd line and Benn would be first line center and we would have 2 sexy top lines :( Right now Wandell is the only meh part of it.

Eakin should be centering the second line not Tom "Complete Lack of Offense" Wandell. Eakin was having a great season for the little Stars. And the Fiddler line should be 4th. We really need an offensive right-handed D-man to go with Goli tho. Robi is getting old.

Any1 know any info on Bergenheim's injury? He injured his groin in October but they still don't know how long he's out for? ...what?

All I can find is he probably doesn't need surgery. No timetable.
No word. I think it's a groin injury. I remember hearing that somewhere. As far as returning all we know is that it is more serious than Goc's or Guddy's.

I'm excited for tomorrow night. I'm a bit bummed that Gamecenter Live isn't ready for PS3 yet but my laptop will do just fine.

I'm quite sure that Bob will be out goalie tomorrow night. Mason doesn't have the agility or mobility that Bob has. I'm an optimist and say we'll be in the running for the 8th seed when everything is all said and done.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I won't get a Gally jersey until next season, going to get a Subban or Price one this season.

CCF23

Going to have a hard time resisting buying another jersey at the game on Saturday when everything is 50% off. Already have Henrik and Edler. My short list would probably be Burrows, Hamhuis, Schneider, or Hansen.

What say you, Canucks gaf. If I buy one, who should it be? I think I'm leaning towards Schneider or Hamhuis.

Top Bottom