• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Cactus

Banned
Well that didnt last long lol

8353EE7E-C296-4122-B2D7-A24653223E73-11658-00000721FC279870.jpg
LOL

Solo

Don't understand why they're holding onto Gallagher though....

Plekanec. If he's hurt, Eller slides up to #2 centre, Galchenyuk to third line centre, and Gallagher takes Galchenyuk's 2nd line wing spot.

I suspect Pleky won't miss any time and Gallagher will be back in Hamilton very soon.

ShaneB

He'll stick wtih 27 I'd think after making that comment. Best part of hockey being back is the return of HNIC iDesk girl Andi

qAZ6i.jpg

My goodness she is lovely. She tends to dress fairly casually on air though, so it gets downplayed a lot. Damn CBC demographic!

Strombone ‏@strombone1

Can't wait!!! “@NHL: #Canucks fans, are you ready to see Cory Schneider as No. 1 in net? #hockeyisback”

El oh El.
Also good news hockey fans, you'll be happy to hear that I'm moving to Calgary from Seattle early Feb.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Orr making the Leafs is hilarious, hopefully Prust doesn't waste his time with that chimp.

Benn probably won't be signed in time for this weekends games according to Dallas Morning News. Fucking Fail Joe Newy.. :\

Stars lines for opening night probably look like this:

Loui Eriksson-Derek Roy-Jaromir Jagr

Ray Whitney-Tom Wandell-Michael Ryder

Brenden Morrow-Vern Fiddler-Eric Nystrom

Ryan Garbutt-Cody Eakin-Reilly Smith.

Alex Goligoski-Stephane Robidas

Jordie Benn-Trevor Daley

Brenden Dillon-Philip Larsen

Kari Lehtonen

1st line is pretty sexy. If we had Benn.. Roy would be 2nd line and Benn would be first line center and we would have 2 sexy top lines :( Right now Wandell is the only meh part of it.

EL SLICE

Forwards

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
MacArthur - Grabovski - Kulemin
Van Riemsdyk - Kadri - Komarov
Orr - McClement - Brown
ex: Steckel

Defence

Phaneuf - Kostka
Gunnarsson - Komisarek
Liles - Franson
ex: Fraser - Holzer

Goal

Reimer
Scrivens

Frattin goes because Steckel would have to clear waivers. I'm surprised Kostka managed to stay up. Good for him.

That 4th line looks hard - Manics hard.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Benn probably won't be signed in time for this weekends games according to Dallas Morning News. Fucking Fail Joe Newy.. :

Stars lines for opening night probably look like this:

Loui Eriksson-Derek Roy-Jaromir Jagr

Ray Whitney-Tom Wandell-Michael Ryder

Brenden Morrow-Vern Fiddler-Eric Nystrom

Ryan Garbutt-Cody Eakin-Reilly Smith.

Alex Goligoski-Stephane Robidas

Jordie Benn-Trevor Daley

Brenden Dillon-Philip Larsen

Kari Lehtonen

1st line is pretty sexy. If we had Benn.. Roy would be 2nd line and Benn would be first line center and we would have 2 sexy top lines :( Right now Wandell is the only meh part of it.

Eakin was pretty useless on our 4th line. From a wiki search on those two other guys it doesn't look like they are grinders or goons so maybe he will succeed for you guys. He was rarely using on a scoring line for us.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
EL SLICE

Frattin goes because Steckel would have to clear waivers. I'm surprised Kostka managed to stay up. Good for him.

That 4th line looks hard - Manics hard.

They were also a bit worried that Kostka would be claimed on waivers. But he seems to be pretty good.

xclaw

He'll stick wtih 27 I'd think after making that comment. Best part of hockey being back is the return of HNIC iDesk girl Andi

qAZ6i.jpg

Don't understand why they're holding onto Gallagher though....

Really surprised Laughton made the Flyers out of camp

Yes, please. Tomorrow night will be glorious.

Quick

Banned
Ah, I guess Prust will have to kill Brown instead.

Posted an article from The Toronto Star a few pages back about it.

AHL coaching staff told him he has to change, and spent the year or so getting fit, getting faster, and working on his skating. He's less bulky now, apparently.

Orr reinventing himself as the finesse player, I guess.

Canucks guys, is it true that Booth injured himself during the initial medical? Lol, it can't be.

Eakin was pretty useless on our 4th line. From a wiki search on those two other guys it doesn't look like they are grinders or goons so maybe he will succeed for you guys. He was rarely using on a scoring line for us.

Eakin apparently has been doing awesome in the AHL with Reily Smith. They did a scrimmage the other day and those guys were blowing up the NHLers. I think with a new coaching staff and regime.. they will probably do pretty good.

Dallas though has like no thugs or instigators. Ott and Burish were our last ones and they are now gone. Morrow is a halfsy and so is Benn.

Sabres are starting the season with 8 defense, but they have 2 players on injured reserve (McCormick and Gerbe) plus a full 23 man lineup of players that the Islanders would totally claim on waivers. So gotta think they're gonna be working to trade at least one defenseman in the near future.

Here are the lines from today’s practice:
Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Ott-Grigorenko-Leino
Scott-Hecht-Kaleta
Ellis-McCormick-Gerbe

Myers-Regehr
Ehrhoff-Sulzer
Sekera-Leopold
Weber-Brennan

Weber would be the obvious one to trade, then probably send Ellis down cause he's the least likely to be claimed by anyone.

Starting lineup for the Cats:

Flash-Weiss(A)-Versteeg
Huberdeau- Mueller- Kovalev
Upshall- Mattias -Kopecky
Skille- Smithson- Parros
Santorelli

Campbell(A)- Kuba
Ellerby- Kulikov
Jovo(C)- Strachan
Caruso

Theodore
Clemmer

Questionable: Weaver
IR: Gudbranson, Bergenheim, Goc

I like it? We have a surprisingly balanced team. With the three healthy we have an even better chance. 28 hrs till we start, get hyped!

ZeroGravity

Malone - Stamkos - St. Louis
Conacher - Lecavalier - Purcell
Pouliot - Pyatt - Tyrell
Labrie - Thompson - Crombeen
Hall

Hedman - Salo
Brewer - Carle
Aulie - Lee
Bergeron - Mikkelson

Lindback
Garon

Much better lineup than last year.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Canucks sent down Schroeder, going with Ebbett...

3488218_o.gif

Sometimes I wonder why I love this team as much as I do.

Schroeder didn't have to clear waivers, Ebbett did. But why hang on to Barker? I hope he gets recalled sooner, rather than later.

So:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Ebbett-Hansen
Lapierre-Malholtra-Higgins
Volpatti-Wiese-Kassian

Bieksa-Hamhuis
Garrison-Elder
Tanev-Ballard

Schneider
Luongo

Extras:

Alberts
Vandermeer
Barker

Too weird.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sometimes I wonder why I love this team as much as I do.

Schroeder didn't have to clear waivers, Ebbett did. But why hang on to Barker? I hope he gets recalled sooner, rather than later.

So:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Ebbett-Hansen
Lapierre-Malholtra-Higgins
Volpatti-Wiese-Kassian

Bieksa-Hamhuis
Garrison-Elder
Tanev-Ballard

Schneider
Luongo

Extras:

Alberts
Vandermeer
Barker

Too weird.

Your lines are off.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Ebbett-Kassian
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Weise-Malhotra-Volpatti(?)

Schneider
Luongo

It's most likely, but hasn't been confirmed yet.

Starting lineup for the Cats:

Flash-Weiss(A)-Versteeg
Huberdeau- Mueller- Kovalev
Upshall- Mattias -Kopecky
Skille- Smithson- Parros
Santorelli

Campbell(A)- Kuba
Ellerby- Kulikov
Jovo(C)- Strachan
Caruso

Theodore
Clemmer

Questionable: Weaver
IR: Gudbranson, Bergenheim, Goc

I like it? We have a surprisingly balanced team. With the three healthy we have an even better chance. 28 hrs till we start, get hyped!

Not a big fan of Clem and his constant desire to pass the puck to defenders in front of his goal, but loving this team. That first line can be so exciting.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Your lines are off.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Ebbett-Kassian
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Weise-Malhotra-Volpatti(?)

Schneider
Luongo

It's most likely, but hasn't been confirmed yet.

You really think Vigneault will keep Kassian in the top six for more that five shifts?

Top Bottom