• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

It's just scrimmage, but Mason Raymond scored a hat-trick last night on a line with Schroeder and Hansen.

I hope Schroeder stays. He's looked good.

Curufinwe

I would have taken that contract, but the Flyers already have a lot of 3rd pair defensmen.

Got tickets for Flyers-Hurricanes game on February 9th today, so I hope the Flyers are less sleepy in afternoon games this season.

Like the signing. Low risk high reward.

Seems more like high risk low reward from what's been written about the state of Redden's play lately.

But maybe Hitchcock does what Tortarelladon't.

As long as he's not coming here I am happy.

The way Redden left the Sens, refusing to waive his NTC etc. I highly doubt we'd take him back for any price. Might as well resign Yashin. Murray knows what's up with Wade (he sucks).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's just scrimmage, but Mason Raymond scored a hat-trick last night on a line with Schroeder and Hansen.

I hope Schroeder stays. He's looked good.

He also managed to fall down without anyone around and fumble the puck on a 2on1. Classic Raymond, but with extra scoring in a scrimmage? Classic Raymond without extra scoring during the regular season.

But I agree, Schroeder looked good, hope he hets a chance at the spot. But with how little Vigneault likes experimenting, especially during a short season AND with Kesler&booth out, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ebbett get the job eventually.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Eaves has been cleared to play so that means:

Datsyuk-Z-Brunner
Franzen-Flip-Sammy
Bert-Helm (out until next friday)-Cleary
Miller-Abby-Tootoo

Mursak, Emmerton, Eaves

Not to mention we have 4 rookies who should probably be on the team right now with 2 of them being potential top 6 guys:

Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, Andersson

Does anyone want any bottom 6 guys? I heard Toronto likes depth!

Has there been any word on Knuble yet? I'd prefer one with the words, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

There appear to have been hints about problems with his personal life last year:

The basis of the story being spread is that problems within Burke's personal life have reached a point of embarrassment for the Leafs and that they no longer want him fronting their operation. That apparent story has appeared on at least one website, been broadcast in some places and has been part of regular conversation in the ultra-gossipy hockey world throughout the playoffs.

This much we know, even though it isn't our business. Burke is apparently having marital problems. That doesn't in any way make him unique. Half my neighbourhood is having marital issues of one kind or another. It also isn't our business what's happening in his home. It only becomes our business if it affects how he performs on the job.

Source is, lol, Steve Simmons

I went to a Superbowl party at the Docks years ago, Hazel Mae was hosting, she was HAMMERED

When I searched the Burke-Mae rumor another post showed up on Google about Mae getting knocked up by Greg Zaun.....so I'm thinking this is just another example of almost every female sportscaster getting called a slut by internet social rejects

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I went to a Superbowl party at the Docks years ago, Hazel Mae was hosting, she was HAMMERED

When I searched the Burke-Mae rumor another post showed up on Google about Mae getting knocked up by Greg Zaun.....so I'm thinking this is just another example of almost every female sportscaster getting called a slut by internet social rejects

. And even IF... Who cares. Lotsa couples have marital problems, like said in the quote above. None of our business and doesn't disqualify someone from their job.

. And even IF... Who cares. Lotsa couples have marital problems, like said in the quote above. None of our business and doesn't disqualify someone from their job.

It only becomes an issue if it embarrasses the 'brand' - and this rumour certainly hits all those points.

I think it's mostly BS - Burke was fired because he was a crap GM, not because he cast his charms down upon a sweet, innocent sportscaster.

pringles

So Eaves has been cleared to play so that means:

Datsyuk-Z-Brunner
Franzen-Flip-Sammy
Bert-Helm (out until next friday)-Cleary
Miller-Abby-Tootoo

Mursak, Emmerton, Eaves

Not to mention we have 4 rookies who should probably be on the team right now with 2 of them being potential top 6 guys:

Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, Andersson

Does anyone want any bottom 6 guys? I heard Toronto likes depth!
Bert will miss the season opener as well.

Guessing Miller will be on the 3rd line, Eaves on the 4th if he's feeling ready, and Emmerton centering the 4th.

It only becomes an issue if it embarrasses the 'brand' - and this rumour certainly hits all those points.

I think it's mostly BS - Burke was fired because he was a crap GM, not because he cast his charms down upon a sweet, innocent sportscaster.

It's a rumour. Until there's something official we should refrain from spreading it and sullying someone's reputation.

Halak starts tomorrow (no surprise), Cole with Petro, Russell with Polak. Hopefully Cole can put up a decent game tomorrow, not particularly happy if he's reassigned to Peoria once Redden arrives Sunday.

On the other hand I really don't want to rely on Chorney as our first callup on injury.

Solo

Gally will wear #27 tomorrow.

NOOOO, GALLY, YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BRING BALANCE TO THE HABS, NOT KOVALEV'S FLOATING AND NUMBER!

In news that matters: he'll be living with the Gionta family. Smart move.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Knuble did NOT get a spot with the Wings, but did sign with the Griffins.

Solo

:lol hopefully he is more Frank Mahovlich and less floaty Kovalev.

My guess is he'll switch to #94 in the offseason. He said he didn't want to be "that guy" making demands.

It does however make getting a jersey a clusterfuck though :lol Do you get #27, or wait a year and see if he switches to #94?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
My guess is he'll switch to #94 in the offseason. He said he didn't want to be "that guy" making demands.

It does however make getting a jersey a clusterfuck though :lol Do you get #27, or wait a year and see if he switches to #94?

I would wait or you could get #81.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He'll stick wtih 27 I'd think after making that comment. Best part of hockey being back is the return of HNIC iDesk girl Andi

qAZ6i.jpg

Don't understand why they're holding onto Gallagher though....

Really surprised Laughton made the Flyers out of camp

Top Bottom