• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
ZAAAAACK KAAAAAASSIAAAAN AND SPECTRE IS NOT HERE TO POST THE GIF

lol Kassian was able to just stand there for like 5 seconds and hold his stick down and wait. easy.

CCF23

ZAAAAACK KAAAAAASSIAAAAN AND SPECTRE IS NOT HERE TO POST THE GIF

lol Kassian was able to just stand there for like 5 seconds and hold his stick down and wait. easy.

iguWY1SUXrYwG.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Avs are making it pretty much impossible for us to lose our lead, I like it. We TRIED giving you a shortie even, but Luongo didn't get the memo.

How the fuck has Saaco lasted this long as a coach. The PP is at 5%.

Avs management gives no fucks. We wouldn't even be at last year's cap floor if it hadn't have been lowered this year for phx. Dealing with Sacco is the least of their worries, just gotta convince Avs fans that they're not cheap fucking dickbags at this point.

How the fuck has Saaco lasted this long as a coach. The PP is at 5%.
Avs have gotten fucked over quickly by a number of factors (their management, in part):

Their entire first line is out. Landeskog is injured with a possible concussion, Downie suffered a season-ending injury at the start of the year, and O'Reilly is holding out Subban style.

Imagine the Canucks without the Sedins and Kassian, Anaheim without Getzlaf and Perry, etc... even though the Avs should in theory have decent to good scoring depth, you're going to get hurt when your entire first line is out.

That said, their depth scoring really needs to pick it up. Guys like Stastny and Hejduk were invisible tonight.

So management is dicking around with O'Reilly, but they've also put their faith in Varlamov (giving up a lot for him too, considering), which is an iffy move. A team like Columbus can gamble with Bobrovsky (who I think has played well so far), but does anyone really think Colorado has a chance in the playoffs with Varlamov? I don't. Let in two weak 5 hole goals tonight.

The future could still be good for the Avs, but they've got some noticeable holes in their lineup right now. Coaching change probably wouldn't hurt when the timing's right though.

Socreges

Banned
Was listening to Team 1040 on the way home and a guy who phoned in was trying to argue that Schneider is now the mentally fragile one and Luongo is now a bastion of stability. Only the crazies pick up the phone.

I do know people, though, that honestly think we should trade Schneider and keep Luongo. And they didn't feel that way two weeks ago.

Amazing what people can draw from a 7-game sample. Fact is we can't know which goalie, Luongo or Schneider, would ultimately do better for us in the playoffs. But Schneider is younger and cheaper. So I think you have to gamble on him.

I don't want to try and read between the lines but it seems like the coach wants to maybe fix up their powerplay.
Huh?

Top Bottom