• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund
One VERY strong source tells me Luongo to the Leafs is "only a Matter of time. You could e5 it." (I am not e5 "ing" it, but a solid e4)

Congrats Florida fans

Merguson

Banned
Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund
One VERY strong source tells me Luongo to the Leafs is "only a Matter of time. You could e5 it." (I am not e5 "ing" it, but a solid e4)

Congrats Florida fans

You have to consider the Flyers as well.

Holmgren has the knack for making big moves.

Thanks for Eklund to confirm that the Leafs won't acquire Luongo.

DopeyFish

My guess is Luongo plays for the Canucks game 1.

Mike Gillis has no motivation to take a bad trade. Especially with the new amnesty rules.

Hey super fan

Why would the Canucks throw down $31 million to make luongo go away?

Just because it doesn't hit the cap doesn't mean it's a viable option

Tabris

Hey super fan

Why would the Canucks throw down $31 million to make luongo go away?

Just because it doesn't hit the cap doesn't mean it's a viable option

Not to make Luongo go away. I'm saying it allows you to handle the 38-40 year old Luongo that has declined too much and need to get off the salary cap books. That gives the trade more value as you're not stuck with that cap hit anymore.

DopeyFish

Not to make Luongo go away. I'm saying it allows you to handle the 38-40 year old Luongo that has declined too much and need to get off the salary cap books. That gives the trade more value as you're not stuck with that cap hit anymore.

the compliance buyouts are only in effect prior to and just after next season

Montresor

Can you clarify what you mean?

The amnesty buyouts are permitted only in the next two offseasons, long before Luongo is 38-40 years old.

Marvie_3

Banned
And yet

Zach Kassian

NEXT LUCIC DOOD

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc
According to a source, defenseman Steve Montador's concussion is back and he was only #Blackhawks player not to pass today's physicals.

Blackhawk fans.. rejoice? Potential LTIR for Montador, I'd guess.

Missed this on the last page.

Montador should just retire at this point. His first concussion was bad last year and then he came back and got this one in his very first game back.

Tabris

Didn't know about next 2 year conditions. Nevermind. Either way, he's fine with waiting until he gets value for Luongo.

And yet

Zach Kassian

Come on, Zack Kassian has a long way to go. Cody Hodgson is 2 years ahead of him. Let's see where that's at in 2 years.

I thought this was going to be a much more scandalous video. Pffttt imo that is the least embarrassing and most understandable way to score in your own net.

Best I could do on short notice lol I've forgotten most of last season due to the lockout.

We play you five times this season which means 5 avatar bets on GAF and someone will win the season series unlike the tie last year :)

Marvie_3

Banned
Didn't know about next 2 year conditions. Nevermind. Either way, he's fine with waiting until he gets value for Luongo.

Come on, Zack Kassian has a long way to go. Cody Hodgson is 2 years ahead of him. Let's see where that's at in 2 years.
Wat? Hodgson is less than a year older than Kassian and only has ~45 games more of NHL experience, almost all of which came this year.

Mii

Banned
Where can I find a NBC Sports Network schedule of all games broadcast in the US? How about NHL Network?

I want to enjoy having cable again.

DopeyFish

Josh Rimer‏@JoshRimerHockey

In two hours we'll see trades and signings and I'm hearing we're in for a flurry of activity!!

watch nothing happen

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Where can I find a NBC Sports Network schedule of all games broadcast in the US? How about NHL Network?

I want to enjoy having cable again.
Go to the league schedule I posted above, view season, filter by network.

Top Bottom