• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
How has he been this year? I heard that he broke a leg or something?

he was playing really solid with the admirals in the ahl, probably their 2nd best dman behind ryan ellis. think it was an ankle, but yea he's out for awhile. bummer

I know it's already been talked about, but...

“There's been a lot more interest in Roberto than people wanted to recognize because the contract was onerous or difficult,” Gillis said. “That has never been mentioned to me by one team. I know some people like to make a big deal of that but it's a very friendly contract for a lot of reasons. That's one of the reasons why in the new collective agreement there are penalties and you can't sign these types of contracts because they are favourable. So contract is not an issue.”

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

he was playing really solid with the admirals in the ahl, probably their 2nd best dman behind ryan ellis. think it was an ankle, but yea he's out for awhile. bummer
I hope he has a chance to make the team next year at least!
I know it's already been talked about, but...

Yeah that feels like BS, I can see that a fontloaded contract is still nice for a team far from the cap if the player aren´t going to stop playing but he has a couple of high paying seasons left so I doubt that any clubs that are loosing too much money want him eihter.

FOOTE

Actually, the Blues are pissing me off right now. I bought a ticket package before the lockout started and paid it off. They sill haven't updated my account to say which games I have tickets for (should be all weekend games). And now I have a bogus balance attached to my account. About to raise some hell tomorrow. I'm not buying any tickets until they clarify what is going on.

Don't fuck me, Blues. I'll fuck you harder.

Acid08

Banned
Actually, the Blues are pissing me off right now. I bought a ticket package before the lockout started and paid it off. They sill haven't updated my account to say which games I have tickets for (should be all weekend games). And now I have a bogus balance attached to my account. About to raise some hell tomorrow. I'm not buying any tickets until they clarify what is going on.

Don't fuck me, Blues. I'll fuck you harder.

4eb81807cf318.image.jpg

Guys you understand that when a Newcastle fan are hearing you complaining about lack of success when you are cheering for Gunners or Chelsea(Sef gets a pass) it feels like when a Devils or Wings fan are doing it. Cheering for Newcastle are some straight up Leafs shit.

Habs fans what do you think the chances are for Markov being able to control the first PP unit for Montreal this season?

And the same thing for Zidlicky in New Jersey? It is possible right? Or is Larsson more probable?

FOOTE

Guys you understand that when a Newcastle fan are hearing you complaining about lack of success when you are cheering for Gunners or Chelsea(Sef gets a pass) it feels like when a Devils or Wings fan are doing it. Cheering for Newcastle are some straight up Leafs shit.

I'm not complaining.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window

Newcastle is definitely a bed shitting I didn't see coming this year. Could be worse, you could be a villa fan :p

Solo

Gally playing with Eller and Gionta in practice hhhhnnnnnnggggg

Gionta would not be a good fit with him. Gionta'sa game is basically "skate fast, shoot puck!", which doesn't gel with Gally's more cerebral game.

Eller on the other hand, would be a great fit.

Nice, although as bad as I want to see him play, and Eller with great linemates, I don't really want them to waste a year of his ELC on a 48 game season.

It's not wasted if he can play and contribute at the NHL level.

@DefendingBigD
As we've been hearing, the Dallas Stars are expected to announce the hiring of Mark Recchi next week.

That came out of no where.. Ok? Wonder what he will be doing on the staff.. Probably part of the coaching/training staff.

I'm not complaining.
Thats true, my bad, I assume that all Chelski fans are complaining. The sacking of Di Matteo and hiring Benitez is hilarious.

Newcastle is definitely a bed shitting I didn't see coming this year. Could be worse, you could be a villa fan :p

Hehe that is true, at least I can see some potential in our squad going forward(if we hang on) Villa on the other hand has just become a lesser club compared to what they used to be.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Gionta would not be a good fit with him. Gionta'sa game is basically "skate fast, shoot puck!", which doesn't gel with Gally's more cerebral game.

Eller on the other hand, would be a great fit.

It's not wasted if he can play and contribute at the NHL level.

I guess, but if they miss the playoffs I'd be wishing we didn't waste a year on his contract. I'm not worried for development purposes.

Poor Plekanec, DD gets the two power forwards, Eller gets Gally and Gionta, and he gets stuck with Bourque and probably Armstrong.

Montresor

Armstrong is going to be horrible for you guys. Thankfully you have Toronto paying half his salary and you're only forking over $1million. One of Burke's biggest busts next to Komisarek.

Top Bottom