• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Who is Kessler

Infamous-kessler.jpg

With Gomez unceremoniously dumped, what's the C depth in Montreal now?

Plekanec, Desharnais, Eller... ?

So TSN radio ended up with the Leafs radio rights? I thought TSN and The Fan were going to split them

And I guess no more Andy Frost Leafs talk?

Edit - Seems TSN radio has 24 games on the radio......despite their radio ads making it seem like they have all of them

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
With Gomez unceremoniously dumped, what's the C depth in Montreal now?

Plekanec, Desharnais, Eller... ?

Nokelainen is the fourth line centre, but he may be injured. The centre depth is pretty weak if Gally is in the OHL, a bunch of guys who could fill in on the fourth line.

Tabris

700k to give who used to be a pretty good defensemen one more shot, why not? We can dump him in the minors if he doesn't look good during try outs and gives us a backup 7th dman

Tabris

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN
Gillis says the new CBA has added to the interest in #Luongo. He has not talked to any teams about keeping a portion of contract. #canucks

Gillis "its a very friendly contract" there's been a lot of interest. "We want very specific types of players" Wont be pressured to move him

Gillis on the battle to replace Kesler, "The spot isn't going to be vacant for a very long time" #canucks

Cactus

Banned
Gillis says the new CBA has added to the interest in #Luongo. He has not talked to any teams about keeping a portion of contract. #canucks

Gillis "its a very friendly contract" there's been a lot of interest. "We want very specific types of players" Wont be pressured to move him

Gillis on the battle to replace Kesler, "The spot isn't going to be vacant for a very long time" #canucks

LOL

RC

Banned
700k to give who used to be a pretty good defensemen one more shot, why not? We can dump him in the minors if he doesn't look good during try outs and gives us a backup 7th dman

He wasn't good enough for Edmonton. Edmonton.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
@JoshuaCooper
I'll say this about the #preds have a ton of confidence right now about their chances this season...

‏@JoshuaCooper
Trotz: "We're a threat to win the Stanley Cup"​

yea... no.

Tabris

He wasn't good enough for Edmonton. Edmonton.

Canucks have a history of turning players people have no faith in anymore (Ehrhoff, Lapierre, Higgins, etc) and turning them into better players.

Also it's a 7th man spot, not a top 4 d-man spot. Different approach to the game.

Canucks have a history of turning players people have no faith in anymore (Ehrhoff, Wellwood, Lapierre, Higgins, etc) and turning them into better players.

Also it's a 7th man spot, not a top 4 d-man spot. Different approach to the game.

Are you done bandwagoning the Broncos now?

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Canucks have a history of turning players people have no faith in anymore (Ehrhoff, Wellwood, Lapierre, Higgins, etc) and turning them into better players.

Er, Wellwood had the worst seasons of his career with the Canucks.

Marvie_3

Banned
Canucks have a history of turning players people have no faith in anymore (Ehrhoff, Lapierre, Higgins, etc) and turning them into better players.

You have never seen Cam Barker play have you?

Revenant

There's no bandwagoning. It was a full conversion from Colts when Manning moved.

How about them Packers/Bears? :p

so you merely transported your fanaticism to some other team, almost as if using some type of wheeled device. the name escapes me though....

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I thought the Preds only lost Suter, and they have Ryan Ellis eventually in the wings (maybe not this year)

Ryan Ellis, Jon Blum, Roman Josi, Mattias Ekholm. Preds are stocked with prospects, but you're asking a lot of kids to replace a lot of big Suter minutes.

Preds are a playoff threat, calling them a cup threat before game 1 of the season is a stretch.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
We've had a CBA for nearly 24 hours and I haven't heard ONE crazy thing come from Homer yet. I am disappoint.
Don't you guys have three goalies and need to get rid of Bryz?

Actually, BWG I'm curious, do you think Bryz is a good goalie, was a good goalie or played in a system that made him look good?

Don't you guys have three goalies and need to get rid of Bryz?

Actually, BWG I'm curious, do you think Bryz is a good goalie, was a good goalie or played in a system that made him look good?

Bryz is fine. He clearly had some issues at certain points last year which could have been due to injuries/being a headcase. That said, he had some truly AMAZING games. I actually think he's perfectly acceptable in terms of talent level, even though his contract is too big. He's good enough to win a cup with if he's consistent. Bryz's problem isn't that he's bad. It's that he's REALLY bad for periods of time. If we bought him out and renegotiated the contract (pipe dreams....) I would be ecstatic.

If the Flyers could sign a #2 D-man I actually think they'd be pretty well set for the next few years. Once Timmonen retires we're screwed though.....

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Bou-who?

Those Gillis quotes are gold - kind of like when he took to the airwaves last year to claim that the organization wasn't just trying to soak the fanbase by charging regular season prices for tickets to exhibition games.
Head coach of Tampa. Was coach in Hamilton.

Bryz is fine. He clearly had some issues at certain points last year which could have been due to injuries/being a headcase. That said, he had some truly AMAZING games. I actually think he's perfectly acceptable in terms of talent level, even though his contract is too big. He's good enough to win a cup with if he's consistent. Bryz's problem isn't that he's bad. It's that he's REALLY bad for periods of time. If we bought him out and renegotiated the contract (pipe dreams....) I would be ecstatic.

If the Flyers could sign a #2 D-man I actually think they'd be pretty well set for the next few years. Once Timmonen retires we're screwed though.....
Ummm...I think

I could be wrong but I thought I read something that said you can't buy out a contract and then renegotiate it. Or maybe I'm just Tabris
Yeah this.

Not sure why they don't allow this to be honest. You gave them a bad contract, so you are allowed to renegotiate after you buy them out. Player gets money and still gets a contract. Or maybe I'm just fortunateson.

So I guess the Phi faithful still think he's good but not worth the contract. Gotcha.
He'd probably be better with Pronger in the line up.

Ryan Ellis, Jon Blum, Roman Josi, Mattias Ekholm. Preds are stocked with prospects, but you're asking a lot of kids to replace a lot of big Suter minutes.

Preds are a playoff threat, calling them a cup threat before game 1 of the season is a stretch.

How has he been this year? I heard that he broke a leg or something?

Top Bottom