• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Fei

Sabres v. Bruins was a WEDNESDAY NIGHT RIVALRY game. I don't think you can put much stock in it.

Sabres and Boston are a rivalry. It's died down from what it was in the 80s and 90s, but it's wrong to say it isn't there. Plus, Lucic-Miller.

yyzjohn

Banned
If I remember a Dreger tweet from a while ago. Carlyle is completely safe unless the Leafs miss the playoffs.

Then they'll consider it.. Depending on major injuries to key players and so on.

This is ridiculous. He should be gone now for the shitshow system he's put in place that gets you outshot 2-1 on most nights.

This is ridiculous. He should be gone now for the shitshow system he's put in place that gets you outshot 2-1 on most nights.

Agreed. Carlyle's philosophy on accountability is a joke too. The fact that he's pretty much going to run Gardiner, Kadri and potentially Reimer into the ground is unacceptable. You look at last night, guaranteed Reimer gets pulled after the Grabner goal but because its Bernier he keeps him in. Same with the Rangers, he keeps him in after 5 goals. He's going to ruin these goalies at this pace especially when he's having them face 40 shots a night.

yyzjohn

Banned
If I remember a Dreger tweet from a while ago. Carlyle is completely safe unless the Leafs miss the playoffs.

Then they'll consider it.. Depending on major injuries to key players and so on.

He coached the Leafs to the playoffs last year. I think he at least deserves the chance this season.

Shortened seasons shouldn't count for shit. The GM should know better and not give this guy so much rope. He's turned this into a farce at this point and like it's been pointed out, his lineup decisions (Orr/McLaren) and goalie handling is a joke. He's playing favorites to the detriment of the on-ice product.

fallout

Sabres and Boston are a rivalry. It's died down from what it was in the 80s and 90s, but it's wrong to say it isn't there. Plus, Lucic-Miller.
Huh. I really had no idea, actually. I guess it makes sense, given the proximity and being in the same division for years. I'd just never really heard about it.

yyzjohn

Banned
For all you guys that hate Clarkson. Blame this guy.

n4wZ28n.jpg

Merguson

Banned
Shortened seasons shouldn't count for shit. The GM should know better and not give this guy so much rope. He's turned this into a farce at this point and like it's been pointed out, his lineup decisions (Orr/McLaren) and goalie handling is a joke. He's playing favorites to the detriment of the on-ice product.

If we're not counting shortened seasons, that puts Carlyle with less than 65 games under his belt.

How much rope are we talking about here?

Solo

Oh, Forza.....

Good for you OP. Even I as a straight guy always dreamt about gobbling the meat stick. It all came to fruition one day but sadly, fantasies often differ from reality. I was too rough with his foreskin and swallowing his man root extract made me throw up, thus ruining the overall experience. At least my uncle and I can look back on it now and fist bump over a bowl of cheezies and beers.

Merguson

Banned
You and your damn common sense is what's keeping him employed.

Randy Carlyle is going open up a twitter account. On April 19th, he's going to post a tweet.

"Look at what I got for my birthday! A contract extension. It says four years. Hurray!"

And you're going to like it.

I bought Revengeance for PC, never had a chance to play it while my old consoles were hooked up. If we lose tonight I know what I'll be escaping with all day tomorrow.

If we win tonight I know what I'll be escaping with all day tomorrow

This. Clarkson is on the road to a buyout unless some other GM is duped by his fucking "intangibles".

If the forecasted cap growth is actually realised, Clarkson's 5m hit in 2014 will be more like a 3.5m hit in 2017. Not great, but not debilitating either.

Plus, I'm eager to see him player under a coach not named Randy Carlyle.

Quick

Banned
I'd like to think that Clarkson's play this season isn't indicative of his overall tenure in Toronto, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt of just having a bizarre 2013-14 season.

He reminds me of Komisarek: tries really hard, ends up either falling flat or having minimal impact, just to make up for the contract he signed.

yyzjohn

Banned
I'd like to think that Clarkson's play this season isn't indicative of his overall tenure in Toronto, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt of just having a bizarre 2013-14 season.

He reminds me of Komisarek: tries really hard, ends up either falling flat or having minimal impact, just to make up for the contract he signed.

Yeah that's great Quick, compare him to Komisarek. After that first crazy season in Toronto, Mike really turned it around and became a stud shutdown D. Let's hope Clarkson can follow a similar path!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Cake Boss rejoice, Spezza is back tonight!

I personally think he should just take as much time off as necessary to heal completely because it's painfully obvious that his injury is affecting his play, it has been this whole season.

Quick

Banned
Yeah that's great Quick, compare him to Komisarek. After that first crazy season in Toronto, Mike really turned it around and became a stud shutdown D. Let's hope Clarkson can follow a similar path!

Stud D for the Carolina Hurricanes

Cake Boss

Banned
Ahhh fuck...I forgot tonight we are playing against the saltiest member here, his team is doing really well but hes always so salty and angry.

Good thing I am missing most of the game.

Ahhh fuck...I forgot tonight we are playing against the saltiest member here, his team is doing really well but hes always so salty and angry.

Good thing I am missing most of the game.

I'll step in to try and keep up the salt.

Even though Spezza's back, Smith got moved to the wing so I'm tentatively calling it a lateral move. As long as we keep Phillips off the 1st PK i think we can pull out a win.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Overall1.4 million CDNS watched some part of TSN’s coverage of the Team Canada announcement-ave audience was top in CND
Pretty ridiculous for just a roster announcement.

Top Bottom