• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Orca

This John Scott thing is ridiculous. I have zero respect for the guy as a player, but even less for the way the NHL handled it.

That said, if Oilers fans knew this was how it worked we'd have voted MacTavish in as an All Star coach YEARS ago.

Wrong Kane

All Kanes

9U6mqL3.gif

calder

Happy bday Marvie.

The only thing (outside of Bettman conspiracy) that I can think of, is they really wanted to free up Tinordi's roster spot, but not risk losing him for nothing. Since every team knew the Habs wanted to waive Tinordi, Bergevin didn't have any leverage and was forced to take back Scott's contract along with the prospect who was already in the minors.

Yeah that's the only thing that makes sense. Still a bit weird I guess, but logical for a front office to maximize any roster move if they can, even if the 'maximizing' is so slight as to be almost undetectable.

Hmm, wonder if the Jets can hang on here in the third with a 1-0 lead on the road on a back to back. Let's just say I'm not exactly loving our chances.

Top Bottom