• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
it's crazy how f'ing trash Pekka Rinne has been this year. He's ruining Nashville's season. All-Star tho.

Nashville's complete inability to convert on quality chances is ruining their season, but Rinne's mediocrity certainly doesn't help. He fell off after his injury last season and has yet to recover.

GCaGLs1.png

Rutherford.

#Fancystats

zroid

Banned
Nashville's complete inability to convert on quality chances is ruining their season, but Rinne's mediocrity certainly doesn't help. He fell off after his injury last season and has yet to recover.

The Preds are 21st in all situations Sh%, and 20th in goals scored. That is certainly not great.

But they rank 29th in Save%. So Rinne definitely seems like the bigger problem. Doesn't help that you guys don't have a good backup to cover for his bad year either.

iLLmAtlc

Honestly goalies are so easy to acquire these days, Canes could acquire one without hurting the retool. They could have gotten Khuboudin back from waivers for example.

I think they should get one and go for it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
As soon as that Kreider shot ended up all the way back in the other end, you knew that had to be going in. That's what always happens on those.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If AV didn't scratch Jayson Megna today, this would have been the first game in NHL history to feature two Floridian players. Megna and Ghost Bear.

Oh well. Another day, perhaps.

imBask

Banned
I just realized all the first rounders that we've traded between 2006 to 2010 have been busts except Ryan McDonagh and I guess Jared Tinordi

This is why i'm never on board with the Timmins balls licking. Yes he got a couple of nice late picks, but so did a ton of other head scouts. His 1st pick track record is absolute trash.

Never forget 2003, just look at the list of players who got draft after Kostitsyn in the first 2 rounds

LOOK AT IT

Carter
Brown
Seabrook
Getzlaf
Burns
Kesler
Richards
Perry
Eriksson
Klein
Bergeron
Weber
Crawford
Backes
MacArthur

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This is why i'm never on board with the Timmins balls licking. Yes he got a couple of nice late picks, but so did a ton of other head scouts. His 1st pick track record is absolute trash.

Never forget 2003, just look at the list of players who got draft after Kostitsyn in the first 2 rounds

LOOK AT IT

I mean, not every pick can be as amazing as Hugh Jessiman, that's certainly true.

Merguson

Banned

LOOK AT IT

Look at all the 1st round picks Toronto had in that draft.

LOOK AT IT

Carter
Brown
Seabrook
Getzlaf
Burns
Kesler
Richards
Perry
Eriksson
Klein
Bergeron
Weber
Crawford
Backes
MacArthur

this got me looking at a bunch of drafts now. Luke Schenn was the 5th overall pick in 2008..

Top Bottom