• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Went out tonight instead of watching the game.

Pull the trigger Bergevin.
I mean fire Therrien, not make some stupid trade.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I just saw the Rangers won in OT. I guess getting all those SOG did matter, huh who would have thought.

Stasis

Zucc after the game tonight: "We need the points. We've got to show that Zed is not dead, you know?"

Guess somebody reads the papers.

Zucc is the best and most likeable thing about this team. By far. Hags was there too. Brass by affiliation even though he's kinda personality deficient/shy.

Wonder if the locker room is taking a hit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I hope he wears the StJohns jersey BENEATH the official one. Then during one of his shifts he scores and rips the official one apart to reveal the St.John's one underneath.

Best.All-Star.Game.Ever.

If the NHL allows him, Scott wants to wear a St. John's IceCaps jersey at the ASG.

:lol

Fuck the Yotes, IceCaps get a representative. This is seriously awesome.

Fuck the Coyotes for what? Moving a guy for cap space ?

The trade was a hockey move for a team that is actually trying to compete.

Fun fact they had been wanting to send Scott down for ages but were afraid of the PR they would have gotten so when they had a chance to acquire Tinordi and needed space, they got rid of a guy they didn't want.

John Scott is a garbage player and the Coyotes are not at fault for getting rid of him just because some internet trolls decided to vote him in for some laughs

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ha

A for effort, not much else.

The Caps are like the Spurs this season. Boring, flying under the radar, yet lurking. No one wants to face them yet everyone knows they'll be there in the end, lifting the Stanley Cup.

image.php

Marvie_3

Banned
Ha

A for effort, not much else.

The Caps are like the Spurs this season. Boring, flying under the radar, yet lurking. No one wants to face them yet everyone knows they'll be there in the end, lifting the Stanley Cup.
The Spurs are going to lift the Stanley Cup?

Solo

You know its an unmitigated disaster of a season when Tukka Rask comes into Montreal and wins. Worst Habs team since 1940.

RevoDS

Because John Scott makes under $950,000, sending him to the AHL alone buries his cap hit. Trading him didn't affect their cap hit since he had already been sent down
The Yotes are a budget team. They don't care about the cap, they care about the bottom line. Regardless of his cap hit, Scott still cost them money.

Solo

I mentioned yesterday that Dreger said Therrien wasn't on the hot seat and I was told that Dreger was full of shit. Fair enough, but LeBrun echoed the same comments last night during the game. Fuck this entire organization if that is true. I would like to think that anyone with even the most rudimentary understand of hockey could tell you that Therrien's record over the past 4 seasons is due almost entirely to Carey Price, not his coaching talents.

RevoDS

Then why did they trade for Tinordi who makes more than Scott?
Because Tinordi is way better value for the money he's paid than Scott and actually deserves an NHL roster spot, not to mention he's still young and has upside, unlike Scott?

Even if he's paid less, Scott is dead money. At least the Habs can bury him and it helps them because they're right against the cap, which wasn't really the case with Arizona.

cube444

Therrien and Bergevin are both mediocre but lay the blame at the organization. Having to pick someone who speaks "French" automatically limits your talent pool when hiring. Habs fans are also worse than Leafs fans and this really speaks volumes.

"Best team since 1993, worst team since 1940" just smells of bipolar fandom.

P.S. And we fucking told you guys that Latenstiff was garbage. You didn't listen. Then we told you Eller wouldn't amount to anything more than a third liner. You don't listen.

Manics for HC and GM of the Habs. Fuck, he can't possibly do any worse than what we're seeing out of your dynamic duo.

imBask

Banned
Therrien and Bergevin are both mediocre but lay the blame at the organization. Having to pick someone who speaks "French" automatically limits your talent pool when hiring. Habs fans are also worse than Leafs fans and this really speaks volumes.

"Best team since 1993, worst team since 1940" just smells of bipolar fandom.

P.S. And we fucking told you guys that Latenstiff was garbage. You didn't listen. Then we told you Eller wouldn't amount to anything more than a third liner. You don't listen.

Manics for HC and GM of the Habs. Fuck, he can't possibly do any worse than what we're seeing out of your dynamic duo.

I don't think anyone was happy with the Halak-Eller trade.

Halak was red hot, later reports said that Gauthier only called 1 or 2 teams and he there was the Eller trade.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Latenstiff takes me back to the good old days.

Solo singlehandedly defending the honour of the Habs against mega superstars Manics and Forza.

An NHL-GAF classic moment, probably put their interactions somewhere in the top 5 all time.

LevelNth

Banned
Firing Therrien won't magically wash away the lack of talent on the roster. Moving Galchenyuk to the top line is not a one stop fix-all either. The Habs simply don't have the quality players to fill two good lines, let alone four.

Bergevin is the one who needs to fix that, a new coach isn't going to all of a sudden make all those mediocre players consistently great.

I hope we bring our Rookies up next season.

Don't sign 3rd liners

Don't sign has beens like Semin

Just bring the rookies up

I want a coach that doesn't shit on the younger guys . Galchenyuk has really suffered with Therrien. He's seriously our best Player and Therrien is hanging him out to dry.

If Bergevin cannot see that then he should be fired.

imBask

Banned
I hope we bring our Rookies up next season.

Don't sign 3 liners

Don't sign has beens like Semin

Just bring the rookies up

I want a coach that doesn't shit on the younger guys .

we don't have any rookies because Timmins is a huge fraud

and because Carr was too good for the team, made the veterans look bad

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Zucc is the best and most likeable thing about this team. By far. Hags was there too. Brass by affiliation even though he's kinda personality deficient/shy.

Wonder if the locker room is taking a hit.
I'll let you know. Season subscriber player forum is tonight. Scheduled players who are supposed to be there are Kevin Hayes, Kevin Klein, Ryan McDonagh, Derek Stepan, and Keith Yandle.

lmfao

That was a hyperbolic article, at least for someone on the outside not super familiar with the Rags
It was a hyperbolic article, as someone reasonably familiar with the Rangers. There's truth in there, but it's presented in the most hysterical, worst case scenario sort of way imaginable. And it ignored the fact that, really, the Rangers have mostly been playing pretty good hockey the last 2 or 3 weeks now, and they've essentially gone .500 through a stretch of games that included:

a Lightning team crawling their way back up the Atlantic standings,
the Panthers in the heart of their bananas unbeaten run,
a Dallas Stars team that was at the time the #1 team in the NHL,
a Washington Capitals team that is currently on pace for over 130 points on the season (the record is 132),
a Boston Bruins team that has rebounded into a playoff contender and is always a tough matchup for us in terms of style,
the Islanders, which is always an amped up game no matter how good/shitty they are (and they happen to be pretty good right now),
a Flyers team that, well, eh, they're trying, and Ghost Bear!,
and those same Capitals again!

That's a pretty rough stretch of things, against almost nothing but playoff level opponents for several weeks, and if the Rangers hadn't found their game somewhat in that span of time, they're probably down around where the Habs are right now, or worse.

So, yeah, kind of an odd time to declare them dead.

and because Carr was too good for the team, made the veterans look bad

Carr was fine, Andrighetto was fine I don't understand why they were sent down. They actually helped the team.

Fuck I hope the Leafs destroy us on Saturday.

Solo

Thank you. I know there are those that worship at the altar of TT, because he "found" Gallagher late and other such things, but every team has found gems in late rounds. I don't think Timmins is a scab or anything, but he's an average scout, not a god.

Top Bottom