• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
There was a pretty nasty fight in the AHL that a Condor player getting knocked out cold by a Rampage player.

TSN has a video on it, can't link to it right now since I'm on my phone.

The crowd was fucking disgusting and I'm ashamed to share the city with those pricks.

imBask

Banned
You don't want your owner calling the shots during a season. Owner gives his management team a mandate, and then re-assess at the end of the season. If they want to clean house when all is said and done then fine, but you don't want the owner suddenly stepping in and saying "fire the coach or you're fired". That's the Leafs recipe for disaster that's been repeated over and over for decades. Put a guy in place and let them run a long term vision.

I would agree with you, but Jeff Molson is the best, he's a smart guy I trust him

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Molson has made it very obvious he has complete faith and trust in Bergevin, and he hasn't done anything for him to question that. I highly doubt Molson would force Bergevin to make a panic move in an attempt to stay in the playoff race. One missed playoffs mean nothing if you build properly and make the playoffs for the next 5-6 years. Giving up 3 important assets for a patch work guy and ruining the foundation of this team could easily mean more missed playoffs in the future.

Quick

Banned
You don't want your owner calling the shots during a season. Owner gives his management team a mandate, and then re-assess at the end of the season. If they want to clean house when all is said and done then fine, but you don't want the owner suddenly stepping in and saying "fire the coach or you're fired". That's the Leafs recipe for disaster that's been repeated over and over for decades. Put a guy in place and let them run a long term vision.

This is exactly how it is on Be A GM from last gen NHL games.

Cake Boss

Banned
There was a pretty nasty fight in the AHL that a Condor player getting knocked out cold by a Rampage player.

TSN has a video on it, can't link to it right now since I'm on my phone.

The crowd was fucking disgusting and I'm ashamed to share the city with those pricks.

That was former senator All Bryan McGrattan.

I got the Habs job in Feb 2018 and the roster was a disaster.

I'm slowly rebuilding it but the board and fans freakout whenever anyone is traded. I moved an old and useless Vanek (dude's physical stats were all below 10) for a 2nd and 3rd and got reprimanded by the owner. Fans and board were angry again when I traded a bustacular Hudon for a 1st a few months into the 18/19 season.

After this next season I think I'm going to accept one of the jobs from my AHL manager. She keeps getting asked to be NHL GMs. This last off season was Pittsburgh and Boston. I'm not looking forward to starting from scratch there.

Who did you trade Voracek for?

But yeah as my post last page to Creeper showed I am hyped as fuck for Provy.

Voracek wouldn't accept a contract after being on such a shitty team for so long. Left via free agency. Same thing for Couturier. It blows.

Couts was an RFA but the game doesn't really respect that so when I offered him a contract he just decided to say no and go to UFA. Which doesn't exactly make sense but whatever. I'm not going to cry. He wasn't very productive and saved me a lot of cap space so I could get Alzner.

Razorskin

----- ------
Voracek wouldn't accept a contract after being on such a shitty team for so long. Left via free agency. Same thing for Couturier. It blows.

Couts was an RFA but the game doesn't really respect that so when I offered him a contract he just decided to say no and go to UFA. Which doesn't exactly make sense but whatever. I'm not going to cry. He wasn't very productive and saved me a lot of cap space so I could get Alzner.

Nice going, Holmgren.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Smiley, would you move to Burnaby? There are several lab tech jobs there with SGS.

I live in Burnaby yeah, I'm applying for jobs all over the lower mainland... Including SGS :p hard to find a job when most jobs go "ENTRY LEVEL WITH 5+ YEARS EXPERIENCE"

Cake Boss

Banned
CZL5HeDVAAEsHpV.jpg

:lol

I do often sign and trade guys right after they get new contracts. I might as well be Holmgren.

I'm partial to the waiver claim - 'Offer to All' move. Great for collecting mid-round picks.

The AI seems quite a lot better now at managing rosters than it was during Early Access. No more claiming Hjalmarsson and Hedman from the waiver wire. :(

Socreges

Banned
I love these old threads:

Now I'm focusing on hoping that Guillaume Latendresse falls to #26. Although the draft has been all over, maybe I can start dreaming about Kenndal McArdle or Ryan Parent...

Hey wait, Latendresse is still available right? I'd be more than happy with him... but if the fucking oilers steal him I will be full of rage. I wonder if Sutter can scare a young player into skating properly.

calder said:
I just realized why I like Latendresse so much - he reminds me of Eric Daze.

Latendresse with the Habs! OMG!

That's a pretty fucking great pick at #45.
So good

WEDNESDAY NIGHT is RIVALRY NIGHT

THE NIGHT YOU LOVE TO HATE

at least there is an actual rivalry tonight. Do the Ducks and Wild hate each other?

Top Bottom