• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Quick

Banned
Burke on a mission to increase size of NHL ice surfaces

Burke has no appetite for the larger international ice surface measuring 200 feet long and 100 feet wide, 15 feet wider than the NHL standard of 200 x 85.

Too big, he said.

He's not even convinced the so-called international hybrid (92 to 94 feet wide) used in some rinks in Finland is necessarily the way to go.

"Ninety feet," Burke said. "An extra five feet on the width, that's it. I believe it would make a big difference in the quality of hockey."

Those dimensions currently exist in a number of college rinks in the United States, most notably at Boston University's state-of-the-art Agganis Arena, where many NHL teams practise when in Boston.

Can't say I have a big issue with the ice surface size right now, but it always looks oddly small when I'm watching the game live, but I'm just a pleb that can only watch Leafs games in the upper bowl.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Burke on a mission to increase size of NHL ice surfaces

Can't say I have a big issue with the ice surface size right now, but it always looks oddly small when I'm watching the game live, but I'm just a pleb that can only watch Leafs games in the upper bowl.

Good luck convincing owners to remove the first row of seats for more ice.

I find international ice makes the game slower and forces defense to play zone more instead of chasing. I wouldn't be against a slight increase, but people have to remember that Olympic/World Junior hockey is as good as it is because of the talent on the ice, not because the rink is bigger.

Quick

Banned
What the hell is a Marie Rose

*Googles* ----oh.

I did this, immediately closed Google when the results came in.

giphy.gif

RC

Banned
I need more fighting games on Steam.

I wish Marvel vs Capcom Origins was on PC. :(

Me too. I spent so many of my teenage years playing Marvel Super Hero's and Marvel vs. Capcom.

I could never keep up with the MVC sequels though. They got too crazy for me.

Me too. I spent so many of my teenage years playing Marvel Super Hero's and Marvel vs. Capcom.

I could never keep up with the MVC sequels. They got too crazy for me.

I hope we get a new Marvel vs Capcom game someday...Please Disney :(

Fucking Steam doesn't even have Garou: Mark of the Wolves :(

KingBroly

Banned
I need more fighting games on Steam.

I wish Marvel vs Capcom Origins was on PC. :(

WB dropping a big old 'fuck you' turd on MK X PC players today won't help much.

KI Season 3 will help for PC fighting games

SF5 will REALLY help PC fighting games on Steam, especially if that Steam Workshop rumor is true.

Third Strike Online being on Steam would be FAN.Tastic.

SF5 will REALLY help PC fighting games on Steam, especially if that Steam Workshop rumor is true.

Just put every Street Fighter game ever on PC. Even the Terrible ones like Street Fighter EX.

marie rose is mah sub on DOA

more importantly Xrd PC has better netplay than PS4.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

I so can't wait for KI S3

Ahhhhh

Ps drouin not in lineup for his game tonight

ZeroGravity

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
Well according to those in Toronto Jonathan Drouin is not in the lineup for Syracuse tonight as they face the Marlies, was at morning skate
SHIT'S GOING DOWN

(Or he's sick or something, who knows)

Top Bottom