• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Foggy

Yeah unless there was serious shenanigans prior to TB announcing their intention to trade, I don't blame Drouin one bit.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Oh, hey, it's Allan Walsh being an idiot! Not something see every day.
Just every second day.

https://twitter.com/NHLAdamK/status/689637470829465600

Gostisbehere's 8th goal ties him with Joni Pitkanen (2003-04)and Murray Barron (1990-91) for most ever among Flyers' rookie defensemen.

And in only 26 games!

Also :lol

CZNA5R5WkAAjxTk.png

aidan

I don't know who is going to want to trade for this kid now, what the fuck is his agent thinking?

Oh, teams'll be lining up with their bags of pucks to trade for him. All it means is that Yzerman won't be able to get any value in return.

aidan

Yeah, the problem becomes if a GM ever wants to trade him again.

It's not like flipping a house. GMs aren't going to trade for Drouin in hopes of garnering more in a future trade--they're hoping they can get him for pennies on the dollar and that he'll flourish in a new environment.

Oh there will be GMs that will.

Why? Because Drouin can't pull this trick twice. If he did, he'd go on unconditional waivers... and bam! Next swiss league star

You have to pass through normal waivers first. Unless he gets overpaid, that likely won't happen.

It's not like flipping a house. GMs aren't going to trade for Drouin in hopes of garnering more in a future trade--they're hoping they can get him for pennies on the dollar and that he'll flourish in a new environment.

I'm talking about the other side. He doesn't do well, or he's just downright flippant and demands a trade again and tanks his value until it happens.

Line_HTX

This fighting segment is an eye opener.

Fucking Tootoo got the terrible end of that.

Holy shit, they referenced the Bengals Burf-bitch head hunting.

zroid

Banned

I mostly blame Walsh for this whole situation, but really, if you're on a f'ing ELC you need to suck it up and play when and where you're told

it's called an ELC for a reason

he has one more year after this one and he can go to Europe or do whatever the fuck he wants till he gets traded. deal with it bro.

Pikma

Banned
I think both Drouin and TBL have put themselves in a situation in which both parties will end up losing. This shitty drama helps no one

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I mostly blame Walsh for this whole situation, but really, if you're on a f'ing ELC you need to suck it up and play when and where you're told

it's called an ELC for a reason

I can't wait until someone challenges the draft and the subject of contract rights in court

Revenant

I always imagine the mention of Walsh's name in any NHL front office has the same effect of the name Frau Blucher in Young Frankenstein.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is anyone really surprised? This is typical Walsh, dude has always been a twat. That said, I don't really see Bergevin trading for Drouin after this since he has the biggest boner for "character guys". I still don't give a fuck about this, bring on Drouin.

Remember everyone saying Turris had issues for what he did and he turned out fine.

Cake Boss

Banned
What? No, it was Yashin.

Lol my bad.

The actual deal

on February 26th, 1996, Detroit’s VP and GM, Jimmy Devellano and Ottawa’s GM, Pierre Gauthier agreed in principle to a trade that would have seen Chris Osgood and Steve Yzerman dealt to the Senators in exchange for Alexei Yashin, Damian Rhodes and Ottawa’s first round picks in 1996 and 1997.

Fuck, could have won the cup with a proper goalie.

Foggy

Get what's yours. The front office would drop him hard if it ever suited their interests. Hell, it's not like he's even hurting his teammates. Do what's best for you whenever you can, especially in pro sports.

Get what's yours. The front office would drop him hard if it ever suited their interests. Hell, it's not like he's even hurting his teammates. Do what's best for you whenever you can, especially in pro sports.

Exactly. Still hope the Wild get him. They've been scouting him pretty hard lately.

I am confident the combination of Parise/Suter/Koivu could get him straightened out if there are really any issues.

ZeroGravity

He tanked his own value, thereby potentially minimizing the return for assets that could help his teammates.

Top Bottom