• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Razorskin

----- ------
Ufbr5ej.gif

Franchise Goalie Robin Lehner man.

Lots of articls saying Barrie and Johnson are the only reliable D on the Avs, but Beauch has been really solid this year, granted he's primed to fall off any year now. Zadorov and Bigras have been great since their call up, they still have a lot to learn, but I'm not too worried, I think they'll develop nicely.

Ducks! Former Duck Beauch wins us the game and the Ducks help us out.

I saw someone with a new third McLeod jersey, that means someone recently decided to buy a McLeod jersey of all the players on the roster. Wat.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Okay this is super random but I'll be at LAX 10:14am til 5:45pm on Sunday, Feb 7.

Is that enough time to go see some stuff? what should I see assuming I can be out of the airport ~11am - ~5pm, so 6 hours? :lol

Clydefrog

Okay this is super random but I'll be at LAX 10:14am til 5:45pm on Sunday, Feb 7.

Is that enough time to go see some stuff? what should I see assuming I can be out of the airport ~11am - ~5pm, so 6 hours? :lol

wtf no

you'll miss your flight if you leave the airport

Calamari41

41 > 38

That's a tough one... I would have a panic attack if I thought about leaving LAX even with that much time. Sunday shouldn't be too bad though, there won't be any traffic plus everyone will be getting ready to watch the super bowl somewhere. You could conceivably spend a couple of hours in Venice Beach or Santa Monica.

I'd stay inside and find the In-N-Out.

Smiley90

TSA Precheck or no?

wtf no

you'll miss your flight if you leave the airport

That's a tough one... I would have a panic attack if I thought about leaving LAX even with that much time. Sunday shouldn't be too bad though, there won't be any traffic plus everyone will be getting ready to watch the super bowl somewhere. You could conceivably spend a couple of hours in Venice Beach or Santa Monica.

do you guys not have any goddamn trains or metros to/from the airport?

wait no you don't, shit

fine, I'll just chill all day in the lounge then

SIX HOURS AND THAT'S NOT ENOUGH TIME TO LEAVE THE AIRPORT, what a mess

(i've never left LAX, it shows, doesn't it)

and no I don't have pre-check sadly, because Switzerland isn't part of Global Entry (so I can't get NEXUS/Pre-Check/anything) and I'm not a Canadian PR (yet)

is there a separate line if I'm flying domestic business? ... maybe?

Calamari41

41 > 38

wait no you don't, shit

The problem isn't so much getting somewhere in LA and back, it's getting back into the airport and through security. I've gotten through in fifteen minutes, and I've also had it take over two hours.

Clydefrog

The problem isn't so much getting somewhere in LA and back, it's getting back into the airport and through security. I've gotten through in fifteen minutes, and I've also had it take over two hours.

yeah, I was pretty much joking with my post... but, luck would have it that if you did leave the airport with that much time at LAX, then you'd miss your flight.

Chris R

wait no you don't, shit

and no I don't have pre-check sadly, because Switzerland isn't part of Global Entry (so I can't get NEXUS/Pre-Check/anything) and I'm not a Canadian PR (yet)

is there a separate line if I'm flying domestic business? ... maybe?

It sucks there is no metro from LAX, I'm actually planning on visiting now in April after I hit up Chicago for business (odds are, between the Blackhawks, Kings and Ducks SOMEONE will be playing a playoff hockey game while I'm in town) and it's going to suck needing to rent a car.

Next time I visit Denver the train from the Airport will be open so I don't have to rent a car, just grab a AirBnB downtown and Avalanche 'n Chill.

I still think you would be good to get out and about for at least a little bit. Security isn't that bad for me though since I got Precheck, spent ~45 seconds to get through security in Denver earlier this month.

You're not going anywhere with that much time at LAX.

There should just be a sign right when you get off the plane... "Welcome to LAX, the world's shittiest airport. Fuck you."

Quick

Banned

This happened to me a few years ago too. I was tempted to get a taxi and eat at the closest In-N-Out (there's one right beside LAX), but I ended up not doing that for some reason.

Smiley90

It sucks there is no metro from LAX, I'm actually planning on visiting now in April after I hit up Chicago for business (odds are, between the Blackhawks, Kings and Ducks SOMEONE will be playing a playoff hockey game while I'm in town) and it's going to suck needing to rent a car.

Next time I visit Denver the train from the Airport will be open so I don't have to rent a car, just grab a AirBnB downtown and Avalanche 'n Chill.

I still think you would be good to get out and about for at least a little bit. Security isn't that bad for me though since I got Precheck, spent ~45 seconds to get through security in Denver earlier this month.

You're not going anywhere with that much time at LAX.

There should just be a sign right when you get off the plane... "Welcome to LAX, the world's shittiest airport. Fuck you."

This happened to me a few years ago too. I was tempted to get a taxi and eat at the closest In-N-Out (there's one right beside LAX), but I ended up not doing that for some reason.

I have Priority Pass Membership so I can just chill at any lounge (well, kind of) all day and eat free food if I want, but I still kind of want to leave the airport and see LA. Or at least SOMETHING of LA.

If you had time to visit ONE thing in LA, what would you be? Where would you eat lunch?

the good thing is that I'm "connecting" in LAX, last time this happened to me and I left the terminal I was able to just talk to one of the agents saying I "took the wrong exit and left the terminal instead of transferring" and he guided me right through :lol

Chris R

LAX is a fucking shithole, fuck that place
Agreed. The wing I was in last year had a single "cafe" open. It had standing room only in the beer area for like 10 people. Everything else was closed and under construction.

And then my flight was delayed, I got a middle seat, and they lost my bag (for 8 hours). It really is the worst airport I've been to.

Poor Schumi :(

Top Bottom