• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

If you had time to visit ONE thing in LA, what would you be? Where would you eat lunch?

Yeah, don't listen to an OC guy about LA. They'll want to send you to some highbrow fancy establishment you need a Range Rover to get to.

Given your timeline, I'd go slightly south to Manhattan Beach. Right where Manhattan Beach Blvd turns into the pier you have a fine selection of divey beach bars, elevated ale houses and some decent restaurants, many with ocean views.

From lowbrow to OC upscale: Shellback, Mama D's, Brewco, The Strand, Rock N Fish. They're all on the corner of Ocean and Manhattan Beach, not too far from LAX.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yeah, don't listen to an OC guy about LA. They'll want to send you to some highbrow fancy establishment you need a Range Rover to get to.

How dare you!

Given your timeline, I'd go slightly south to Manhattan Beach. Right where Manhattan Beach Blvd turns into the pier you have a fine selection of divey beach bars, elevated ale houses and some decent restaurants, many with ocean views.

From lowbrow to OC upscale: Shellback, Mama D's, Brewco, The Strand, Rock N Fish. They're all on the corner of Ocean and Manhattan Beach, not too far from LAX.

There's a Mama D's in Manhattan? The same Mama D's from Balboa Peninsula?

Manhattan Beach is good, but it's going to be a madhouse in the pier area there on Super Bowl Sunday. It's also worth noting that you're likely to be domestically abused by a Kings player while you're there.

Sekac is better than Drouin, he's played in every game we've asked him to play.

Seriously though, he has decent offensive skills but hasn't really gotten going in the time he was here in Anaheim. Can occasionally make a great pass but his shot is not accurate though he likes to shoot from everywhere. Not too fast but not slow. Not overly physical either.

He has 3 points in 22 games, he had a knee injury earlier in the season. He's an average-decent 3rd/4th liner

Sekac is better than Drouin, he's played in every game we've asked him to play.

Seriously though, he has decent offensive skills but hasn't really gotten going in the time he was here in Anaheim. Can occasionally make a great pass but his shot is not accurate though he likes to shoot from everywhere. Not too fast but not slow. Not overly physical either.

He has 3 points in 22 games, he had a knee injury earlier in the season. He's an average-decent 3rd/4th liner

Surprised you guys didn't the guy more points (5 in 25 games) in Dave Bolland.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Bergevin having a press conference today, wondering if he doubles down on Therrien.

I grabbed him like 25th overall in the Gaf league lol

He's going to say Therrien isn't going anywhere this season, and I'll stop watching games.
until they start winning again of course

Escrow rising.

Rick Westhead ‏@rwesthead 5h5 hours ago
As price of oil continues tumble, dragging CDN $ with it, one NHL player agent predicts escrow will be raised to 22% next week, up from 16%.

Rick WestheadVerified account
‏@rwesthead
Escrow of 22% means an NHL player making $5M loses $1.1M off top. After taxes, agent fees, take-home of about $1.9M.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Aww shit, Paille is joining the team today and traveling to Raleigh.

We already have Tanner Glass, dammit!

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 3m 3 minutes ago

"We got (Paille) for a particular role--he was an excellent fourth line penalty killer in Boston, & our PK needs some help"-AV #NYR
Mgrgr

Cake Boss

Banned
#canadiens Marc Bergevin recognizes that the fitness of Carey Price process is slower than expected.

Bergevin on Price: ``It's been slower than we expected.'' Says no real firm date for return but not before 3 weeks or a month...

"I think our fans have questions...all the critiques should be pointed at me. "--Bergevin

#Habs Bergevin: "All the critiques should be directed to me... It's on me, only." Michel Therrien and the players "are not going anywhere."

1o5nh4i.gif

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m2 minutes ago
Bergevin: ``Michel Therrien and his coaching staff _ I believe extremely in them.''

Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m3 minutes ago
Bergevin says the critics should take aim at him, the GM, and not at the coach

lXOWmz3.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
"Just wait for the Hart Trophy winner to come back and single handedly win games for them, that should prove to you guys that Therrien is good enough"

#FireBergevin

KingBroly

Banned
Hes coming back in February. There's still time to turn this ship around. We have 30 games left.

If he's coming back slower than expected, it means it's going to take longer for him to be back to where he was before the injury. At this point you're talking end of February/early March for his initial return.

I also saw the PT odds on twitter. Pretty silly.
CZMPvbKWEAEUuP-.png

Solo

Fire Bergevin. Fuck this guy. If he wants to die on his sword, I'll be more than happy to give him a push. We're almost a Leafs-level joke at this point.

In other news, there are no Canadian teams in a playoff spot right now. Like our dollar, our hockey teams are just going down and down and down in the standings.

Top Bottom