• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Clydefrog

Im flying to Tokyo today. Any recommendations?

Ill be there for two days before i hit the mountains

image.php

have fun, kid

imBask

Banned
it's a game called "find the outlier"

bNDFIlj.png

hey, advanced stats that actually prove something and are well used! Good job zroid

now let me tell you all about the % of offensive defensive takeover faceoffs penalty per period per full moon of Lars Eller to prove to you that he's a living legend

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly can't believe those three straight losses, ones that pushed them out of a playoff spot, couldn't do it.

zroid

Banned
Dave Keon finally reconciled with the Leafs under the new regime :eek:

He's going to be honoured along with Tim Horton and Turk Broda at the upcoming game vs MTL

Stasis

How is Patrick Kane 15 points ahead of everyone, and why did I pussy out on picking him in my pool

I didn't participate in the pool I was supposed to. I got lazy that night. My buddy who knows nothing about stats/players etc. asked me who to pick. I said Seguin or Kane early if they were there. Then he asked about later rounds... vets or taking a chance on a newbie. I said Panarin.

He took Kane with his first pick, Panarin with his last. Made some other decent picks in the middle rounds and is first atm. Pool over $1K. I should have gone.

More like next time we face Drouin, barstool bob gonna send Garbutt to send Drouin a message about players on ELC's trying to dictate where and when they play.

zroid

Banned
Yzerman press conference:

Copied from twitter, read from the bottom up

Yzerman: I think if you get opportunity you should ask drouin and Walsh [regarding whose idea it was]

Yzerman: Allan's been good in communication with us.

Yzerman: we didn't feel it was not right to pull the player since a deal wasn't done. Teams are watching.

Yzerman: not putting a timeline on it but when they went public it changed everything

Yzerman: I specifically said "I want you to go down and play games and get yourself in game shape"

Yzerman: our intention and our plan is to make a trade to help this org [regardless of timeline]

Yzerman: everyone has a choice in how they handle it.

Yzerman admits to being frustrated when he played

Yzerman: Drouin was excited to be picked by Tampa

Yzerman: Jon Cooper is doing a good job and we are going to stick with that development

Yzerman: a lot of young players have come up and have been healthy scratched and I think we we've done a good job developed

Yzerman: I think if you ask every player in that locker room they will say they were frustrated but persevered and stuck with it

Yzerman: this isn't in our locker room (regarding distraction)

Yzerman: does it hurt it, I guess time will tell. We are actively trying to find a deal. It doesn't put added pressure on me to make a deal

Yzerman: "my responsibility is to act in the best interest of the hockey club"

Yzerman: I am not going to judge him on his decisions.

Yzerman: we haven't had any discussion as to where this will go next.

Yzerman: we've never said that there's been a pending deal

imBask

Banned
Yzerman: we didn't feel it was not right to pull the player since a deal wasn't done. Teams are watching.

Yzerman is clueless! does he really think scouts don't know who THE Jonathan Drouin is? They don't need to scout him, do you really need to scout a perfect mix of Gretzky, Lemieux and Jagr?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Derick Brassard is back after missing the last game with the flu, but Chris Kreider is skipping practice with neck spasms. Guessing that's from when he and Vrbata destroyed each other in OT the other night. Hopefully he'll be able to play tomorrow. He's actually looked like Chris Kreider for the last 4 games or so.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevin having a press conference today, wondering if he doubles down on Therrien.

How is Patrick Kane 15 points ahead of everyone, and why did I pussy out on picking him in my pool
I grabbed him like 25th overall in the Gaf league lol

Top Bottom