• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's a whoooooole lotta empty seats.

Rangers have won 18 of the last 19 games vs. the Hurricanes. If we can keep it up, it would be our first consecutive wins since Thanksgiving.

zroid

Banned
prospect stuff:

CZQY1YrUkAAXLF_.jpg:large

interesting to compare Tkachuk's point totals with others. He's the highest ranked CHL prospect but so many of his points are secondary assists compared to the others, especially DeBrincat.

prospect stuff:

interesting to compare Tkachuk's point totals with others. He's the highest ranked CHL prospect but so many of his points are secondary assists compared to the others, especially DeBrincat.

DeBrincat better be drafted by the Panthers.

But what is Matthews compared to this? I'm just curious to see the difference.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm 40 minutes into Mad Max and am not into it whatsoever. Should I bother to watch the rest if I haven't liked it up to this point?

Disclaimer: I generally don't like action movies

It's basically a 2 hour chase scene, if you don't like how that sounds you probably won't like it.

zroid

Banned
if Konecny was bigger we wouldn't have been able to take him at 24th. He is bigger than 5'7" but he still fell due to his size.

I think there was more to it than that. He was once expected to go top 10 despite his size. He had a really slow start to the season in the OHL and his scoring totals never quite recovered I don't think. Maybe just bad luck.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm 40 minutes into Mad Max and am not into it whatsoever. Should I bother to watch the rest if I haven't liked it up to this point?

Disclaimer: I generally don't like action movies

It doesn't really change any from where you are now, if that's what you're asking.

I think there was more to it than that. He was once expected to go top 10 despite his size. He had a really slow start to the season in the OHL and his scoring totals never quite recovered I don't think. Maybe just bad luck.

Well that is long in the past now :lol

He looks really fucking good. Glad we were able to snag him.

Quick

Banned
Went to go get groceries... No milk, no eggs, bread section is raided, barely any fruits....

FFS ITS ONLY TWO INCHES

I had to be at work during the big Toronto snow storm a couple of years ago.

I decided to drive to Tim Horton's to get some lunch for myself and some coffee for my co-workers, and one didn't have any power and was closed (employees were sitting by the window), and the two others I went to were packed.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Boyle literally just stopped playing there after he got high sticked without there being a call, and his man promptly scores in his absence.

Why is McIlrath not playing again?

eyeless

Yep. I might be sweatin' for years about trading that pick, lol.
kinda funny how leafs fans assume it was either konecny or the three guys we got

we weren't taking marner and konecny in the first round, we got sub-6' skill forwards out the ass, that's all we got, they were taking a defenseman if they kept that pick

i will still shed a silent tear if all our guys bust and konecny's a beast tho

Yawnier

Banned
kinda funny how leafs fans assume it was either konecny or the three guys we got

we weren't taking marner and konecny in the first round, we got sub-6' skill forwards out the ass, that's all we got, they were taking a defenseman if they kept that pick

i will still shed a silent tear if all our guys bust and konecny's a beast tho

I'm pretty happy with the picks we traded down for (Dermott, Bracco, Dzierkals). Not everyone is going to pan out though (obv.) which is why it is good to not put all your eggs in one basket.

Marvie_3

Banned
Ugh they gave Sekac jersey #34. I have no idea why but I hate that number on a Hawks jersey. :lol

Cool turnover Scuderi. Way to give them a free goal.

Top Bottom