• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

I choke my dick with that shit. Gets me harder!

Bv6aB8H.gif

Jagr scored the game winner shortly after I changed the face on my Pebble to #SpaceyInSpace. I'm convinced this is a sign I am blessed by Spacey and will be using that face for every game from now on.

Was at the game and it was packed tonight with Panthers fans, I saw a few Wild fans but it was definitely like 90% Panthers fans. It was beautiful.

Yawnier

Banned
I kind of liked Panik last season. Such an inconsistent player though. Would be one of the best forwards on the team one game and then disappear for the next ten games.

zroid

Banned
They look like very similar players. Not really sure what the angle is here.

Maybe the Leafs analytics guys preferred Morin.

zroid

Banned
Some stats of interest:

Code:
Name            Age    Gm     P60     SCF%Rel     SCF%     CF%Rel      CF%

Jeremy Morin     24    75    1.60        2.31    53.97       4.58    56.21
Richard Panik    24   153    1.04        0.25    48.06      -0.64    47.30

definitely smells like an analytics move

that said, it's hard to get a good read since Panik played half his games on the Leafs tire fire last year where everything was shit

edit: also this
CX17a43UAAA5AQl.png

all these florida men crawlin outta the woodwork

all the sudden panthers being talked about outside of dubbed and his family

I've been a fan for a long time, I just don't use GAF a whole lot. Or, well, I do in short bursts, then I forget about it for like a month and get back in. It's a cycle that is mostly consistent for some reason.

I'm pretty sure I've posted in the NHL threads before, though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Cant believe Crow has 6 shutouts this year. Wasnt that long ago the Blackhawks went something like a year and a half without a shutout.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Now this Panik Morin trade is interesting...

We got an asset for a waiver claim. Any insight on this move, Hawks fans?

Edit: fack! Need to check this thread more often...

iLLmAtlc

Lol Drouin. Honestly I'm not sure if things are so bad there or if he's a diva for wanting out after a season and a half.

Also Tallon wins again. I remember he raised a few eyebrows going right to Barkov. But here he is arguably already the best player on a playoff contending team.

zroid

Banned

I'm pretty sure Morin had to pass through waivers too so eh

despite all those numbers I posted it doesn't really mean much, they're similar age, same position, similar skillset, etc. the way I make sense of the trade is the Leafs FO saw the numbers and said they might get a minor upgrade so they did it. Not sure why Chicago made the trade tho. I think they just love trading Jeremy Morin!

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm pretty sure Morin had to pass through waivers too so eh

despite all those numbers I posted it doesn't really mean much, they're similar age, same position, similar skillset, etc. the way I make sense of the trade is the Leafs FO saw the numbers and said they might get a minor upgrade so they did it. Not sure why Chicago made the trade tho. I think they just love trading Jeremy Morin!
So who are we trading you to get him back this summer so we can trade him next year?

Pikma

Banned

I don't think Hawks fans care too much about that kind of meaningless trades lol

Samyy

Panik plays RW and the Marlies have lots of RWs (Hyman, Bailey, Frattin, Leivo are all listed as RWers). I believe Brown is a RWer as well, he should be coming back soon so this may be an attempt to balance out the lineup and depth chart a little bit

Lol Drouin. Honestly I'm not sure if things are so bad there or if he's a diva for wanting out after a season and a half.

Also Tallon wins again. I remember he raised a few eyebrows going right to Barkov. But here he is arguably already the best player on a playoff contending team.

From all the things that I've heard about him from Halifax, I'm inclined to think Drouin's being a diva.

I'll admit to being confused with Tallon going for Barkov. So glad we took Sasha over Drouin.

Marvie_3

Banned
Not only do I watch AHL hockey, I've seen some junior hockey this year too! (gasp)

Also Q is saying Panik will be on the Blackhawks roster.
Whats Paniks cap hit? Hopefully this means Mashinter is finally getting the boot to the fucking minors that he deserves.

Top Bottom