• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Meetup in Toronto to kick off the 100th Leafs season with a good old fashioned street fight.

NHL-GAF: Civil War

Kave Man vs. Creeper
Shadowkat vs. Lamaroo
Zroid vs. Schuey
Samyy vs. Imbask
Me vs. Red Man

Kave and Creeper are gonna throw cucumbers at each other.

Shadowkat will play Lamaroo in Splatoon.

Zroid's gonna try to confuse Schuey with stats, while Schuey tries putting Zroid to sleep with his World War 1 stories.

Samyy and Imbask are gonna shit on each others' teams' prospects.

Red and I will chill and talk a lot of shit.

Creeper can't handle all this right here.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Red and I will chill and talk a lot of shit.
s3GxR7z.gif

Found this beauty going through some old images this morning

npiU4XD.jpg

Shane Doan #2 star of the week? Robbed worse than Bloodborne.

SECOND STAR – SHANE DOAN, RW, ARIZONA COYOTES

Doan led the NHL with five goals in three games to power the Coyotes (18-16-4, 40 points) to three of a possible six standings points. He opened the week with his second career hat trick – and first since Jan. 7, 2012 vs. NYI – in a 7-5 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks Dec. 29. Doan then scored twice in a 4-2 victory over the Winnipeg Jets Dec. 31. In doing so, Doan – who has spent his entire NHL career with the Coyotes/ Jets – moved past Dale Hawerchuk (379) and into sole possession of first place for the most goals in franchise history (381). The 39-year-old Halkirk, Alta., native paces the Coyotes with 13 goals in 29 games this season (13-6—19) and also leads the club with six power-play goals.

th

Pension Plan Puppets has a bit on Drouin which basically says that Cooper is the reason for the season (of malcontentedness in Tampa). Argues he favoured the old and busted Morrow in the SCF last year at Drouin's expense, and since has gone with his trusted AHL players.

Zero, is that an accurate assessment/account of events?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
i'm not fighting Samyy, my 2016 resolution is to become Bob Ross minus the jewfro

I, no lie, got a Bob Ross master paint set for Christmas. :D

With Chris Kreider doubtful for tomorrow night, according to AV, the team may be recalling a forward from Hartford to play in his spot instead of Emerson Etem. So that, as they say, is that.

Pikma

Banned
Pension Plan Puppets has a bit on Drouin which basically says that Cooper is the reason for the season (of malcontentedness in Tampa). Argues he favoured the old and busted Morrow in the SCF last year at Drouin's expense, and since has gone with his trusted AHL players.

Of course ZG will deny it, he'll put all the blame on Drouin

Stasis

I, no lie, got a Bob Ross master paint set for Christmas. :D

With Chris Kreider doubtful for tomorrow night, according to AV, the team may be recalling a forward from Hartford to play in his spot instead of Emerson Etem. So that, as they say, is that.

I kinda want a Bob Ross master paint set now...

Etem is done. So much for that. I know Hags is sucking in Anaheim but I so want him back, just not at $4M.

Wonder how he feels about it, like if he could go back in time would he accept less money to stay in NYC with his best friends and play in a system that worked for him? I'd love Hags at $2.5M. Oh well.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
To put into perspective just how useless Emerson Etem has been, out of the 23 players who have dressed for the Rangers this season, only three have failed to score a goal. They are:

Brady Skjei, a 21 year old defenseman who has played only 2 games including his NHL debut
Chris Summers, a journeyman AHL defenseman who has played only 3 games
Emerson Etem

Curufinwe

To put into perspective just how useless Emerson Etem has been, out of the 23 players who have dressed for the Rangers this season, only three have failed to score a goal. They are:

Brady Skjei, a 21 year old defenseman who has played only 2 games including his NHL debut
Chris Summers, a journeyman AHL defenseman who has played only 3 games
Emerson Etem

The main troll on Flyers HFB insisted a year ago that Etem was a better player than Radko Gudas, and that Hextall didn't get good value for Coburn. Now Gudas is the best possession dman on the team.

Chris R

Avs on national TV tonight... I just hope we keep it close unlike that shit show on Saturday.

Down in the bowl tonight too, so I've got a little better view...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers have called up Jayson Megma. He didn't play the last time he got called up, so we'll see if he gets to play against the Stars tomorrow.

Liquid hot Megma

dr_evil.jpg

So just checking out HFBoards for the first time and well what have we here? Leaf's 3rd round pick being compared to a young Shea Weber! He he, WOW.

They were comparing him to Ian White when I left... now they're comparing him to weber? Lol

To be fair to the poster, he later clarified that he wasn't saying Nielsen would BE as good as Weber, just that he had the tools to be as good as Weber.

Also fantastic: People suggesting the Leafs trade Kadri, JVR and Dion for Drouin.

To be fair to the poster, he later clarified that he wasn't saying Nielsen would BE as good as Weber, just that he had the tools to be as good as Weber.

Also fantastic: People suggesting the Leafs trade Kadri, JVR and Dion for Drouin.

I really feel we have a shot at getting him. But we're gonna have to give up a top prospect for him and then some. If not him we could always go after Rychel.

ZeroGravity

More or less. His decision to keep playing Morrow over Drouin was stupid, and everyone but Cooper could see it. But Kucherov wasn't one of Cooper's AHL guys and he earned trust and ice time by working hard improving his game at both ends of the ice.

At some point you start to wonder whether Cooper's handling of Drouin has been mostly a reflection of Drouin's work ethic and attitude. Hard to say since we never get to see that stuff. I've always been one to give the benefit of the doubt to Drouin, but demanding a trade at his age, in these circumstances, has changed the perspective of the situation a lot.

Yawnier

Banned
Liquid hot Megma

dr_evil.jpg

So just checking out HFBoards for the first time and well what have we here? Leaf's 3rd round pick being compared to a young Shea Weber! He he, WOW.

Andrew Nielsen is looking like a p good pick, but lol hfboards.

I really feel we have a shot at getting him. But we're gonna have to give up a top prospect for him and then some. If not him we could always go after Rychel.

Beaulieu + Gilbert for Drouin

Samyy

Nielsen is leading the WHL in D scoring now right? I remember people were really complaining about that pick on Twitter because it looked like he was just a big defensive defencemen.

Asking for a trade from a team that just went to the Cup Finals is interesting. Sure you can be unhappy with your ice time, but when you've played fewer than 100 games in the league you're not expected to be in the line-up every night if you're not producing. Leaning on a veteran instead of a rookie in the playoffs isn't unheard of either.

Trade requests are usually a last resort, so to see the relationship deteriorate so quickly between Drouin and coaching staff may reflect badly on the organization as a whole.

Avs on national TV tonight... I just hope we keep it close unlike that shit show on Saturday.

Down in the bowl tonight too, so I've got a little better view...

At least you shouldn't have to face Carter tonight. Not much other consolation I can give you.

Asking for a trade from a team that just went to the Cup Finals is interesting. Sure you can be unhappy with your ice time, but when you've played fewer than 100 games in the league you're not expected to be in the line-up every night if you're not producing. Leaning on a veteran instead of a rookie in the playoffs isn't unheard of either.

Trade requests are usually a last resort, so to see the relationship deteriorate so quickly between Drouin and coaching staff may reflect badly on the organization as a whole.

Walsh is also a notorious hard ass. Honestly I can see him pushing this as much as a business move as a player one. Drouin wouldn't be getting much of a bridge as his situation is now so I see him hoping to get to another team for a Saad type of deal.

Top Bottom