• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

iLLmAtlc

Is it patched with that update they were toting?

I hope not because what I played was an unmitigated disaster. Copy and pasted assets up the wazoo, the same freaken corridors and tasks every floor, and they even managed to take away the game's combat for something much more boring.

I'm not that far yet but I started the game Boxing Day and I'm deeply hooked. It's simply astonishing how bad the story is and how badly they are telling the story. Just impossible to imagine doing it any worse if you tried.

It's not JUST that the story is pure gibberish at the start, but even the rare times Square decides to actually explain what the fuck is going on they followup with a jarringly sudden chapter break and/or location switch that drops a major plot point in a single line of text during a loading screen. At this point I'm mainly impressed how disjointed it all is, they just cared so little it seems deliberate.

Yeah I've almost beaten the game and I'm not sure I can tell somebody else what's going on. I appreciate the Japanese voices tho. >_>

But I never felt hooked somehow. I'd play an hour here and hour there but I never had a sustained session where I wanted to keep going and going .

zroid

Banned
549a4d5f3d2341c2a596ea834cfdbda1.png

man ... i dunno

Quick

Banned
Leafs have one Frank Corrado for your consideration.

He checks off both requirements of being

a) young
b) a defenceman

I pretty much just started FFXV. They nailed the "bro" feel in thr beginning, kinda sucks the rest of the story falls apart later on :/

also sorry you had to see that outdoor spectacle on your birthday Marvie :'(

Socreges

Banned
by success you mean we lose, right?
Rodin to Horvat for the first goal, his first career point

Anyone hoping to tank is silly. It's gonna be a long road back. Might as well cheer for the team, rather than cheer against them and be frustrated each time they end up losing out on the lottery.

RC

Banned
Rodin to Horvat for the first goal, his first career point

Anyone hoping to tank is silly. It's gonna be a long road back. Might as well cheer for the team, rather than cheer against them and be frustrated each time they end up losing out on the lottery.

I'm going to be disappointed no matter what so might as well enjoy the ride.

iLLmAtlc

The Sven Baertschi era has arrived in Vancouver, all rejoice.

E: holy shit I lol'd when 4 Canucks were caught on the blue line leaving the front of the net wide open.

Socreges

Banned
Canucks have now won 4 in a row and are .500 for the first time since October. 3 points out from the Flames' playoff spot with their next game against Arizona, and then a HnH with Calgary.

3-game losing streak incoming

Marvie_3

Banned
Canucks have now won 4 in a row and are .500 for the first time since October. 3 points out from the Flames' playoff spot with their next game against Arizona, and then a HnH with Calgary.

3-game losing streak incoming

Time to post a picture of the standings?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I pretty much just started FFXV. They nailed the "bro" feel in thr beginning, kinda sucks the rest of the story falls apart later on :/

also sorry you had to see that outdoor spectacle on your birthday Marvie :'(

I have no clue what's going on in the story. And I don't think I like the combat system. Or rather I seem
to really suck at it.

imBask

Banned
I don't know why NHL.com still doesn't use Pts% for the standings

oh, right, it's NHL.com

what for? they mean the same thing, but people are used to seeing the number of points and know what X amount of points mean

changing stuff for the sake of changing stuff is pointless, it may look fancier to stats fans but it's literally the same thing

Razorskin

----- ------
what for? they mean the same thing, but people are used to seeing the number of points and know what X amount of points mean

changing stuff for the sake of changing stuff is pointless, it may look fancier to stats fans but it's literally the same thing
Need to cater to the Dopeys of the world "3 games in hand!!!"

n3YQFqt.jpg

Context (From the Imgur post)

"NHL wants Habs to play two outdoor games next season, including a home game at Molson Stadium in November"

Bobby Hull represented the Blackhawks at the Winter Classic, and it's still embarrassing

Back in 2002, the ESPN program SportsCentury decided to do an extensive profile on legendary Blackhawks forward Bobby Hull. The show didn't just underscore Hull's incredible feats as a hockey player, but detailed his horrific history ”of spousal abuse, womanizing, drinking, ignoring his children, and suggestions of racist views."

In the program, one of Hull's former wives, Joanne, gave details of the abuse she suffered from Hull:

"I looked the worst after that Hawaii incident. I took a real beating there. [Bobby] just picked me up, threw me over his shoulder, threw me in the room, and just proceeded to knock the heck out of me. He took my shoe -- with a steel heel -- and proceeded to hit me in the head. I was covered with blood. And I can remember him holding me over the balcony and I thought this is the end, I'm going."

His daughter, Michelle, told viewers, ”A lot of bad memories stem from how my dad acted when he was drinking. When he had been drinking, you'd just know that you didn't want to be around here." Michelle became a lawyer defending victims of domestic abuse like her mother.

Fuck Bobby Hull. Then again, the Hawks organization are known for being shitheads, considering they barred Theo Fleury from entering the United Center because of his past sexual abuse and drug addiction problems.

Top Bottom