• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

zroid

Banned
what for? they mean the same thing, but people are used to seeing the number of points and know what X amount of points mean

changing stuff for the sake of changing stuff is pointless, it may look fancier to stats fans but it's literally the same thing

every other league on the continent uses win% instead of win total for the standings, since teams have played different number of games at a time. it's not complicated.

if you're saying NHL fans are dumber than fans of other sports, well you may be right there

n3YQFqt.jpg

Context (From the Imgur post)

"NHL wants Habs to play two outdoor games next season, including a home game at Molson Stadium in November"

I'm down with this.

The first one should be Montreal vs Ottawa

The Second Montreal vs Toronto

imBask

Banned
every other league on the continent uses win% instead of win total for the standings, since teams have played different number of games at a time. it's not complicated.

do they though? I know MLB does

MLS doesn't
isn't the NFL always just referenced as records (15-3, etc)?
NBA doesn't actually exist

Hawks continuing to be associated with shitheads is nothing new.

Exactly.

The comments in that SCH article are just as disgusting as well.

We as sports fans need to take the collective dick out of our mouths and criticize the athletes that we so idolize when they say or do repulsive shit like Bobby did. Just because you can throw a ball, or shoot a puck with a stick, doesn't get you off scott free. Yet in the Western world, it does.

Which is why I am glad that people are fighting back against people like Curt Schilling being ignorant fuckwads. It shows that morals aren't to be shoved aside because you sports good.

imBask

Banned
They couldn't think of getting the rights to the name before announcing it, I can't imagine how Vegas would organize an outdoor game in the desert

actually I kinda want to see that disaster happen

Ice tech has actually progressed pretty far these days. The biggest enemy is humidity, not temps. Vegas in the winter is actually pretty cool so it wouldn't be bad at all.

imBask

Banned
Ice tech has actually progressed pretty far these days. The biggest enemy is humidity, not temps. Vegas in the winter is actually pretty cool so it wouldn't be bad at all.

The name is fucked
The presentation was held in what appeared to be a broken down Dunkin Donuts
The video didn't work

I believe

PillarEN

There are no more outdoor games this season right? This talk about an outdoor game in Florida, how did the game turn out in LA? Was there enough interest locally and TV wise? I mean it's LA so any gimmick will draw a celebrity crowd but was the whole event successful like these other ones in northern areas?

Quick

Banned
There are no more outdoor games this season right? This talk about an outdoor game in Florida, how did the game turn out in LA? Was there enough interest locally and TV wise? I mean it's LA so any gimmick will draw a celebrity crowd but was the whole event successful like these other ones in northern areas?

Pnes vs Flyera

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Patches being helped off the ice after taking a Weber shot to the foot, because of course.

Chris R

It sucked watching the Avs lose last night, but hey, at least we kept it kinda close and scored at least one nice looking goal? Rather be losing games 3-2 than 3-0.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ty Rattie on waivers, I remember when he was considered a really great prospect.

Holiday

Banned
Rattie never really got a full chance with the Blues. He could still turn out to be an ok player with consistent playing time.

Then again, if you're being out performed by Jaskin, that says something.

Yawnier

Banned
Ty Rattie would look good on Matthews' wing

Then he would be waived to make room for Ben Smith. Sound familiar?

Parch

They've had warm outdoor games without problems. A cold Montreal wouldn't be a factor at all. They proved that in the first NHL outdoor game in Edmonton. That day was wicked cold.

zroid

Banned
The Panthers are pretty much just Canucks Army now

66cc3c2c209b436da84bbcfdd16c1b69.png

It's only a matter of time before they take Cam Charron away from us. :-(

Top Bottom