• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

Yawnier

Banned
I can only assume people like Gord Miller so much because he was TSN's only decent announcer for years so a lot of people have positive memories attached. Hughson and Cuthbert are both much better IMO. Miller is a distant third for me.

(Bob Cole still has the voice, just not the lucidity or competence)
I'm not as big of a fan of Chris Cuthbert as some other people, I guess. I do like Hughson and how he calls a game most of the time but he can be a bit much sometimes.

I agree on Bob Cole who is probably my favorite hockey announcer of all time but I am also a bit newfoundland biased there lol.

Quick

Banned
All-Star Game jerseys:

cut.jpg

Looks rill gud. A bit surprised these aren't Adidas jerseys.

Quick

Banned
Why the fuck is Player 17 in the all star game when we have a whole line up of Canadiens 10 times as good and more deserving than that piece of crap

Edit: Oh wow and he'll be playing for 2 teams!!!!???

Player 17 > Paul Byron > Shell of Plekanec

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If Pleks doesn't play tonight due to the flu, our top 3 centres will have made up our entire 4th line on opening night.

iLLmAtlc

Lebrun says the Nucks won't give up draft picks to make the playoffs. They're focused on building long term.

The Vancouver Canucks find themselves in the playoff race, perhaps somewhat surprisingly, but that won't alter a trade deadline plan that's focused on the bigger picture. I don't believe the Canucks will trade away draft picks for short-term help despite the chance to make the playoffs. The long-term view will trump all is my understanding. Certainly if there's a trade for a young player that makes sense that would fit with what they're doing. But the team has already dealt away some picks over the last few years and I think they'd like to keep them moving forward. Again, unless it's part of a deal for a young player.

JB been playing the league the whole time fam.

Socreges

Banned
Lebrun says the Nucks won't give up draft picks to make the playoffs. They're focused on building long term.

JB been playing the league the whole time fam.
Good. We'll probably have two 2nds* this year, too, which is nice since we've had two total over the last seven drafts.

*CBJ have to give one up this year or next.

PillarEN

I mean according to standings it would appear that they are playing the right way as Panger would say so those jerseys are apt.

calder

OH MY GOD THIS GUY HAS SOOOOO MANY SILVERADO SPECIAL EDITIONS THATS SO COOL

fuck me I can't stand any of those Silverado commercials but especially that one.

Only going to watch the first period of so before we leave so congrats to the IceCaps in advance.

calder

I'll never understand why the Jets PP is so bad. I guess when maurice is fired and the special teams suddenly improve I'll know whose fault it was at least

calder

That 5 on 5 looked so much better than that 2 man advantage. I wonder if Laine was watching that PP from above in shock at how bad it looks from the outside.

Top Bottom