• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

RedRum

Banned
Just watched the Pens/Caps highlights..

Seriously.. how does Ovi keep scoring from the SAME SPOT on the PP and how come no one has adapted to it yet.

PillarEN

Chargers are moving from SD!!!!!!

Fucking finally!!!!

I feel bad for SD. Chasing the LA money I guess? I blame Eli. But really, SD isn't some small little town. I still don't understand how it seems impossible to market a team down there. You literally have nobody competing with you as the Padres have been nothing for a long time.

Pikma

Banned
I feel bad for SD. Chasing the LA money I guess? I blame Eli. But really, SD isn't some small little town. I still don't understand how it seems impossible to market a team down there. You literally have nobody competing with you as the Padres have been nothing for a long time.
Nah, there's a market, a really decently sized market, it's just that Qualcomm Stadium is shit, old and in a not so good location, and nobody wants to give them free money for a new stadium because why would we? Fuck them

Pikma

Banned
I got an ad here in GAF about the Vancouver Marathon and it literally says "Best Marathon in western Canada!"

I obviously lol'd

Solo

untitled4js6c.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So the Rangers are back to practice today, so now would be a good time to point out that Marc Staal had a concussion, and that's why he was out the last couple of games before the break. He did not go through the league's concussion protocol either. Given his history of head injuries, it's not the best prognosis. He's out indefinitely.

calder

The weather this morning was apocofuckinglyptic. I truly believe sometimes the mayor or premier (if our premier was slightly interested in governing) needs to look outside the window and just say 'you know what? fuck this, everyone stay home today'.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The weather this morning was apocofuckinglyptic. I truly believe sometimes the mayor or premier (if our premier was slightly interested in governing) needs to look outside the window and just say 'you know what? fuck this, everyone stay home today'.

I know how you feel, brother. Its raining here and down to 57 degrees. I almost called in sick, don't know how people do this. My car is fucking soaked with water. Garcetti needs to get off his ass and call a state of emergency, get the feds in here.

RedRum

Banned
So the Rangers are back to practice today, so now would be a good time to point out that Marc Staal had a concussion, and that's why he was out the last couple of games before the break. He did not go through the league's concussion protocol either. Given his history of head injuries, it's not the best prognosis. He's out indefinitely.

I think Marc's done.

Jesus Christ, that wind chill is ridiculous. Winnipeg why you so cold .

calder

I know how you feel, brother. Its raining here and down to 57 degrees. I almost called in sick, don't know how people do this. My car is fucking soaked with water. Garcetti needs to get off his ass and call a state of emergency, get the feds in here.

gleecryhugcomfort.gif

:( Stay strong, we're going to get through this. Well, maybe, I might die walking home. Non-zero chance of that.

Silexx

So the Sens are interested in one of Landeskog or Duchene. Bobby Mac says they're leaning more to Landeskog, but price may be too high still.

PillarEN

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/pavel-datsyuk-taking-khl-break-attend-nhl-star-weekend/

Datsyuk is taking a quick break from the KHL to attend the NHL All-Star Game. Looks like he's part of the 100 greatest players list.

Good. Former Wings I expect to be there are: Yzerman, Larionov, Federov, Hasek, Chelios, Shanahan, Hull, Robitaille, Fetisov (well maybe he won't make it as he didn't come to the NHL at the right time), Lidstrom. I wonder if Rafalski or D Hatcher make it. Oh wait, I forgot, Mike Modano should definitely be there. I doubt Keith Primeau or Lang make the cut. Cujo may be there (I still think the Wings should have gone for Belfour that season).

Socreges

Banned
Strangely, no. We have a b2b this weekend which is considered the first half, still. That would be 9 that's already done with 6 to be played.
Considered the first half in what way? There are fewer days to the end than to the beginning. We're in the 2nd half now

cmon now if I were to play devil's advocate i'd say he's entitled to his opinion

but he's still wrong and stupid
He's entitled to the consequences of his opinion too. And in this case he got his share, given how a) his twitter feed is a constant stream of bigotry and non starters b) he can't help but driveby bullshit in a thread that represents the polar opposite of his views + has more evidence for them than some dubious 4chan sources and c) he doesn't even have the spine to stick around and represent his claims other than to regurgitate a narrative handed to him and then go on and on about being too smart to be part of a hivemind.

The intellectual dishonesty he brings is at the very least in lockstep with the worst of the furthest left GAF poster who can't even recognize the echo chamber they're trapped in, in addition to that he's a racist xenophobe with no capacity for empathy for anyone lacking white skin and has no ability for reasonable discourse.

But yeah, he is allowed to have an opinion. That's what's important here.

Cake Boss

Banned
The @Senators' opposition possess the puck in their zone for 23 more seconds per game than the NHL median. Fifth highest (4:55 per game).

The @Senators are last in the NHL at OZ possession time (3:35 per game) and successful OZ passes (59.5 per game).

The @Senators get 14 scoring chances per game, ranking second last in the league.

The @Senators are last at OZ loose puck recoveries (74.6 per game).

The @Senators rank 28th in the NHL at on net slot shots (8.3 per game)

Dat system!

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Jamie Benn should return tonight against the Dead ThingsRed Wings, Big Rig out with an upper body injury.

Also, LOfuckingL at the Chargers playing in the tiny ass StubHub Center for the next two years.

imBask

Banned
He's entitled to the consequences of his opinion too. And in this case he got his share, given how a) his twitter feed is a constant stream of bigotry and non starters b) he can't help but driveby bullshit in a thread that represents the polar opposite of his views + has more evidence for them than some dubious 4chan sources and c) he doesn't even have the spine to stick around and represent his claims other than to regurgitate a narrative handed to him and then go on and on about being too smart to be part of a hivemind.

The intellectual dishonesty he brings is at the very least in lockstep with the worst of the furthest left GAF poster who can't even recognize the echo chamber they're trapped in, in addition to that he's a racist xenophobe with no capacity for empathy for anyone lacking white skin and has no ability for reasonable discourse.

But yeah, he is allowed to have an opinion. That's what's important here.

I'm actually not sure if that's an angry post directed at me or not. I agree with you, which is why i'm not defending him at all and didn't even try to

Top Bottom