• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Parch

Is that what we're calling Connor McDavid now?
The Oilers have played significantly better defensively this year. I mean a huge difference from the defencemen. Cam Talbot has had an outstanding year as well.
You can't give Connor McDavid all the credit for the work of the D and goaltender.

Foggy

Drafting Nail Yakupov instead of Ryan Murray was a huge mistake. When you have a big need, don't be afraid to reach for it because there are very few guarantees in the draft. Fill your need whenever you can, especially when trading for that need has proven to be futile.

Yeah I largely agree. Unless you think you have a guaranteed top flight center or defenseman to draft, then draft by need. Everyone else is possible to find in later rounds or in the fa/trade market.

iLLmAtlc

Sportsnet did some nerd analysis on the oilers back in December. Larsson didn't seem to really be that great at anything.

The Oilers are a little better at generating shots when Larsson is on the ice, but much worse at giving them up, and on balance the team takes a noticeable hit when he’s out there in tough minutes. With Fayne on the ice last season, Edmonton didn’t take that same hit.

Unfortunately for the Oilers, McDavid is basically a one-man show. Not one other Oiler, not even his regular linemates, ranks in the top 100 in the league by even-strength points/hour. McDavid’s 26 even-strength points are as many as Edmonton’s next two players combined—and both of those players (Draisaitl and Jordan Eberle) have spent significant time on McDavid’s line.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/edmontons-risky-hall-larsson-trade-isnt-paying-off/

Things might be different now tho

Does anyone have any decent headphone recommendations? I've always just used the apple earbuds but mine are now shitting the bed and I want to try something else for a change. Kinda want to stay away from earbuds in general.

Parch

Things might be different now tho
Not really. The Oilers most definitely overpaid for Larsson in trade and Sekera as a FA, but after years failing to improve the defence, desperate times required desperate measure.

There is absolutely no denying the importance and value of Connor McDavid. As long as he's healthy, he will be competing for the Art Ross and Hart for the next decade. Without a doubt, he is by far the most significant Oiler addition.

calder

I blame white people

fbzUm1t.jpg

Parch

Adam Larsson is 4th in ice-time on the blueline.
Coach has no faith. Sad!
Powerplay.
Larsson was never expected to play on the powerplay. That's the biggest reason why I can concede that Larsson is a 3/4. A #1 defenceman should be expected to be a significant point contributor, especially on the powerplay. Larsson was not acquired to get points.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of, today in white people:
The Associated Press‏Verified account @AP 17m 17 minutes ago
BREAKING: Speaker Paul Ryan says the nation will be 'living with Obamacare for the foreseeable future.'
The Republican Party is truly a marvel to watch in action.

Also, apropos of nothing, Dan Girardi is the Rangers' nominee for the Masterton this season. I feel confident in saying he won't win.
Honestly I'm shocked it's not Tanner Glass, given the last two or three weeks.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Also, apropos of nothing, Dan Girardi is the Rangers' nominee for the Masterton this season. I feel confident in saying he won't win.

yeah and Trump is blaming... the Democrats.

Because reasons.

ARE WE TIRED OF WINNING YET?

Foggy

PLD over Puljujarvi?

If they're to be believed, that was the course of thought. That Pulju wasn't a homerun so they wanted to "replace" Johansen. Pulju struggling to produce in the NHL and Wennberg breaking out dulls the pain of that decision. Although it's not like DuBust played tremendously this year in the QMJHL either. At least not as good as you would hope a 3rd overall would play in a strong draft class.

iLLmAtlc

I thought most republican voters wanted obamacare to stick around anyway? The GOP just talked so much smack on it that they had to try and replace it to not look like liars.

calder

Unfuckingbelievable. I vacillate between anger at such greedy, self-centered mendacity and laughter at how fucking bad they are at it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Henrik Lundqvist returns to the lineup as a backup tomorrow night in Los Angeles, by the way.

He will start on Sunday in Anaheim.

I'm super shocked that a political party decided not to make good on a campaign promise, especially after they realised how difficult and potentially damaging it would be to do so. Super duper shocked!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Unfuckingbelievable. I vacillate between anger at such greedy, self-centered mendacity and laughter at how fucking bad they are at it.

"Yeah we were full of shit the last 7 years. Not like real people's lives were at stake, amirite?"

Seriously, all the GOP knows how to do is say "no" and point the finger, when it comes to actually doing something it's atrocious. If they cause the government to self-implode they'll still blame the Democrats. Same as Trump/Mitch McConnel saying "collapse and replace", as if "collapse" was something everyday Americans could financially and physically afford without ending up on the streets or dead. Fucking pathetic and downright evil.

Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated.

I love this meme

So my eldest son casually mentioned a YouTube personality to me the other day, which means I now have to pay attention to YouTube personalities.

#PrayforBones

calder

Details?

I didn't know Simmons said anything to him.

Dreger was tweeting quotes from Pat Brisson (Crosby's agent) complaining about Melynk complaining about Crosby. Simmons, like the lazy whiner he is, just spouts off about Brisson's comment in response to Dreger's tweet, leading to:

ZlAAEUs.png

Obviously Simmons doesn't bother *reporting* on shit now that he's a columnist, he just cashes cheques for talking about what other people have talked about.

PillarEN

Anybody else here finish Zelda yet? I decided it was time to tackle the main boss and am currently missing 1 memory and 8 shrines. I'll just look those up because I really tried to look around, but, you know, the map is huge. Top 5 game for me. Really nice to see Satoru Iwata's name in the credits.

I've only done one Divine Beast in Zelda. I keep getting sidetracked, and also don't have that much time to play.

Boston University vs North Dakota

3-3 in 2OT.

If UND loses and is eliminated, Canucks sign Boeser.... probably?

ND lost. Boeser could play this season and burn a year of his ELC.

Socreges

Banned
UND lost. 😳

Don't fail me now, Benning

Anybody else here finish Zelda yet? I decided it was time to tackle the main boss and am currently missing 1 memory and 8 shrines. I'll just look those up because I really tried to look around, but, you know, the map is huge. Top 5 game for me.
Really nice to see Satoru Iwata's name in the credits.
Thanks for using spoiler tags. Not 🙄

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/845289596854394880

He's not wrong. If the situations were reversed, holy shit.

I know right? Imagine if someone high sticked Crosby hard enough on a worthless empty net goal that caused him to lose multiple teeth. I mean, we all know that person would be black balled from all professional hockey leagues in the world!

And no, people are slashed constantly during a game. There was nothing super egregious about that slash that made it any worse than the other 50 a game they let go except for the end result.

Top Bottom