• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Hey guys, who is excited for another installment in everyone's favorite Naughty Dog franchise that is not a new IP and will likely have the same incredibly poor mechanics that only get in the way of the reality that Naughty Dog should just fucking make movies if they're that hell bent on putting a cinematic experience before fun, compelling gameplay?

I KNOW I AM!

Hey guys, who is excited for another installment in everyone's favorite Naughty Dog franchise that is not a new IP and will likely have the same incredibly poor mechanics that only get in the way of the reality that Naughty Dog should just fucking make movies if they're that hell bent on putting a cinematic experience before fun, compelling gameplay?

I KNOW I AM!

Never played uncharted. So I am.

Acid08

Banned

I KNOW I AM!
The Uncharted games are fun, you're drunk. Plus ND is a two team studio, I bet the other team is working on something new.

so.............. Bioshock? Only instead of amazing cinematics you get amazing design.

Exactly how I feel about Bioshock too, yeah. I'd love to read a Bioshock book, I'd love to watch an Uncharted movie. Do not want to play either of those things.

edit: Now TowerFall? That's a PS4 release I can get behind.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Exactly how I feel about Bioshock too, yeah. I'd love to read a Bioshock book, I'd love to watch an Uncharted movie. Do not want to play either of those things.

You play the games for the experience, not the mechanics. That's how you enjoy them. I have other games that are more "pure" mechanistic shooters. I play Bioshock for the game design and story, not for the actual act of shooting. I like interactive movies. -shrugs-

I can't even fathom what part of those games can be considered bad besides the occasional poorly designed enemy encounter.

I think the shooting mechanics are bad, I think the puzzles are not fun to solve in 3 but were better in 2. The platforming was novel as fuck in 2, revealed it's true nature of an adventure line by 3.

You play the games for the experience, not the mechanics. That's how you enjoy them. I have other games that are more "pure" mechanistic shooters. I play Bioshock for the game design and story, not for the actual act of shooting. I like interactive movies. -shrugs-

I get that to some extent, but when a game has a ton of mechanics like both Uncharted and Bioshock, it's only fair that they get treated as a large portion of the experience.

Acid08

Banned
I think the shooting mechanics are bad, I think the puzzles are not fun to solve in 3 but were better in 2. The platforming was novel as fuck in 2, revealed it's true nature of an adventure line by 3.
Eh I thought the shooting was good in 2 and 3. I like the loose feeling compared to a shooter like Gears.

My favorite Uncharted is the first despite the gameplay problems it had. 3 being the weakest in the series but still fun. I've heard good things about the Vita game, it's free on PS+ so I'm going to check it out.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I played a bit of Uncharted 2 at a buddies and was pretty underwhelmed just because it got so hyped up around here. I'd still like to play through the series one day.

Just wanted to say -- Thanks again Boston for Seguin. The Benn/Seguin/Nichushkin line is insane.

Also Kari don't give any fucks.

L5v3Csg.jpg

I'm late with the pic. But I'm in Vegas and the Stars win won me 270 dollars.

I'm so bored.

tumblr_mv2kg8VUjb1qbjwp2o1_r1_500.png

Her name is Levy Tran, if you want to... you know... look her up.

Haha, oh yeah pal, I'm "looking" her "up" on "google" dot "com" if you know what I mean ;) ;) ;)

we have to be together to bang?

I've been doing this whole thing wrong!

No, but you DO have to be married! SINNERS!

I just realised the dog and the cat haven't had a wedding - they've been living in sin!

NO HOCKEY TALK UNTIL THE CATRESPONDENT IS UP. :p

Can you imagine anyone from the Least Coast participating in After Hours? That would blow my mind. Kavey all being like "Gooood evening NHL GAF, Reimers in net and... Wow nice tits. Vote Rob Ford y'all".

Rob Ford actually made Australian news headlines. That's just fantastic.

So other than Uncharted (which I do love me some Uncharted 2>1>3), was there anything else really mind blowing at the PS4 All Access that were teasing? I expected to wake up to see GAF with a whole bunch of new PS4 threads but it is actually rather empty.

Edit: I guess they showed Infamous but I thought the first one was a solid game, not anything special, but solid. Only played the demo for 2 and thought pretty much the same thing.

Edit: And I guess Destiny Beta will be out early on PS4, Sony really wanted to snatch them up for exclusive content for this one, oh well.

So other than Uncharted (which I do love me some Uncharted 2>1>3), was there anything else really mind blowing at the PS4 All Access that were teasing? I expected to wake up to see GAF with a whole bunch of new PS4 threads but it is actually rather empty.

Edit: I guess they showed Infamous but I thought the first one was a solid game, not anything special, but solid. Only played the demo for 2 and thought pretty much the same thing.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707449

Curufinwe

I can't even fathom what part of those games can be considered bad besides the occasional poorly designed enemy encounter.

Yeah, Uncharted 3 had some really annoying sequences like the sandstorm full of snipers and dude with RPGs (and shipped with busted aiming) but it was still an enjoyable game. And I loved the first two.

The most interesting thing about U3 was that they had to write Cutter out of the story when his actor had to go film The Hobbit.

As stated in Nolan North's book "Uncharted: Drake's Journal," Amy Hennig had originally planned to have Charlie appear throughout the entire game, but had to write him out of the story due to Graham McTavish landing a role in Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" (thus having to move to New Zealand for the role). This is the only reason why Charlie broke his leg in Syria.

Uncharted

Golden Abyss is amazing...except for the last boss fight.

That's how I rank them, too. GA was really solid apart from all the unnecessary Vita-stuff they shoved in there. Hold-the-Vita-up-to-the-light puzzles should be outlawed.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Edit: And I guess Destiny Beta will be out early on PS4, Sony really wanted to snatch them up for exclusive content for this one, oh well.

Somebody needs to add NeoGAF to this.

ZdNKzN0.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
The coach is actually thinking of scratching Zibenejad and playing Kassian. Plus made a Cowen -Gryba pairing. Plus starting Anderson.

I .......uhhhhh...I just cant anymore. Kernal pls come and tell me how I shouldnt question the Jack Adams coach again.

The coach is actually thinking of scratching Zibenejad and playing Kassian. Plus made a Cowen -Gryba pairing. Plus starting Anderson.

I .......uhhhhh...I just cant anymore. Kernal pls come and tell me how I shouldnt question the Jack Adams coach again.

His mustache has taken over.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rick Nash has been cleared for contact.

Marc Staal has also replaced Michael Del Zotto on the PP, and DZ is practicing on a 4th D pairing with Rick Nash, so it looks like a Del Zotto scratch is incoming tomorrow night.

Hmm...Nash is also working on the second PP unit. Maybe he's coming back sooner than expected...?

Quick

Banned

I KNOW I AM!

What the fuck is this shit, 19 & 21?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It looks like Bernier is getting the start tonight.

So then probably Reimer tomorrow.

But tonight is that beaut Bernier!

Delryk

Jonas Siegel‏@jonasTSN10501m
Randy Carlyle says Trevor Smith will be used in an offensive capacity tonight

oh shit! Smith cracking 2nd Line.. we're saved!!

Samyy

Hahahahahahaaaaa

New Assassins Creed is fucking awesome! I think it helps that I haven't played one since AC2 but im hooked.
Oh and if anyone wants a free month of PS+ let me know.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Hello darkness my old friend...

Honestly I can't even be mad, this is some terrible luck that I can only blame on Corsi.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
McKegg would have been a better offensive threat.. like... wtf!.. freaking Randy...

I just read McKegg has like 5 points in 13 games...I can see why he wasn't called up if that's the case.

Nonis doesn't believe in Corsi and therefore we shoudln't it seems. Corsi never believed in Leafs anyway!

I somewhat agree with Nonis. I think this whole Corsi/advanced stats stuff is the future of the sport, in the next 5-10 years it will be used extensively by front office people but for right now it's still incomplete. I do wish Nonis would look a bit more into it but at the same time I can see why he doesn't want to focus much thought into it yet.

Top Bottom