• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Acid08

Banned
PEPSICO-DORITOS-GAMER-PACK

God this shit is shameful.

Revenant

I find it amazing how much advertisement doritos/mountain dew have with games. Two things I can't stand constantly shoved into my face through a hobby.

Marvie_3

Banned
Versteeg a Hawk again for Dylan Olsen and Jimmy Hayes.

Hawks also get Phillip Lefebrve

Pretty surprising move. Panthers are retaining half his salary so it's not a bad deal at all. Olsen was never going to make the Hawks again because he's not good and Hayes hasn't really done anything either.

I find it amazing how much advertisement doritos/mountain dew have with games. Two things I can't stand constantly shoved into my face through a hobby.
Now you know how I felt when Yo Noid! was constantly shoving shitty dominos pizza in my face.

Revenant

Pretty surprising move. Panthers are retaining half his salary so it's not a bad deal at all. Olsen was never going to make the Hawks again because he's not good and Hayes hasn't really done anything either.

Olsen pretty much needed a compass to find where he was supposed to be on the ice, decent athletic ability though. Hayes, while I liked the big body, but he never could quite get his skating to an NHL level.

A forward who knows the team, knows the way they play, and who certainly contributed to the 10' cup run for 2 mil? I actually kind of like it the more i think about it. Hawks seemed like they had a spot open on the roster that none of the young guys could seem to earn and hold.

Now lets cut to a montage with Thin Lizzy's "The Boys are back in town" where Versteeg travels the continent rounding up Ladd, Byfuglien, Sopel, Burish, Eager into a 1970's Pontiac GTO

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Shots are 35-27 for the Canucks, ffs. Such an unfortunate shot/pass to Hertl, goddamnit. This team..... this team.

Let's please win or lose before a SO. I don't wanna see that.

Acid08

Banned
Did not fucking expect that win.

The call on Sedin was total horseshit but I'll fucking take it. Hey Marvie looks like my fax went through.

Tabris

The California teams have the Canucks #. They know if you shut down the Sedins, you shut down the Canucks generally, and they generally do a good job of shutting them down. Maybe we get lucky and play just central teams through the playoffs.

Tabris

The call on Sedin was total horseshit but I'll fucking take it. Hey Marvie looks like my fax went through.

I can't believe I have to say this to you, but that call was hooking by the letter of the law. Usually they let those things slide a bit in regular season OT but c'est la vie.

Marvie_3

Banned
Olsen pretty much needed a compass to find where he was supposed to be on the ice, decent athletic ability though. Hayes, while I liked the big body, but he never could quite get his skating to an NHL level.
Olsen is never going to be able to skate well enough to make much of an impact in the NHL. Same with Hayes. Chicago has several better prospects ahead of both of them so there was no reason to keep them.

A forward who knows the team, knows the way they play, and who certainly contributed to the 10' cup run for 2 mil? I actually kind of like it the more i think about it. Hawks seemed like they had a spot open on the roster that none of the young guys could seem to earn and hold.
It's not that they don't earn the spots, it's just that they aren't given the opportunities. One little mistake and they ride the pine the rest of the game while Handzus and Kruger are allowed to play like shit all game with no repercussions.

lol. As I type this, I see that Morin was sent down again. Exactly what I'm talking about.
Now lets cut to a montage with Thin Lizzy's "The Boys are back in town" where Versteeg travels the continent rounding up Ladd, Byfuglien, Sopel, Burish, Eager into a 1970's Pontiac GTO
I'd pay to watch this movie in the theater many times over.

Did not fucking expect that win.

Good thing I reminded you to send it!

Revenant

The California teams have the Canucks #. They know if you shut down the Sedins, you shut down the Canucks generally, and they generally do a good job of shutting them down. Maybe we get lucky and play just central teams through the playoffs.

Maybe you get lucky and make the playoffs with the way the canucks are stumbling their way through this season.

It's not that they don't earn the spots, it's just that they aren't given the opportunities. One little mistake and they ride the pine the rest of the game while Handzus and Kruger are allowed to play like shit all game with no repercussions.

lol. As I type this, I see that Morin was sent down again. Exactly what I'm talking about.

At least Pirri has made his case with Handzus out with "being old"

Tabris

Better hope so, they're on the bubble and over half the teams in front of them still are 2 games behind the canucks in games played.

It's 20 games into the season. You should know how standings swing.

Remember 2 seasons ago when MIN was at the top of the NHL within 20 games. How did that work out for them?

Revenant

It's 20 games into the season. You should know how standings swing.

Remember 2 seasons ago when MIN was at the top of the NHL within 20 games. How did that work out for them?

Simply stating that so far they don't look all that impressive, based on the data we have currently that's a fair assumption.

They know if you shut down the Sedins, you shut down the Canucks generally

"Alright guys, so I'm thinking right... You see those guys there on their team? The ones that won the awards and do good and stuff? Maybe if we shut them down the-"

"Shut up Dallas Eakins, you're an embarassment to the whole organisation"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"Alright guys, so I'm thinking right... You see those guys there on their team? The ones that won the awards and do good and stuff? Maybe if we shut them down the-"

"Shut up Dallas Eakins, you're an embarassment to the whole organisation"

:lol

Heretic

Saw Cake Boss' avatar in the Michael Jordan Dunk thread and thought "HE DIDN'T JUST PK SUBBAN MICHAEL JORDAN!"

Fortunately he didn't lol

Top Bottom