• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I see.

Well I still say I prefer to keep DD on the team than get random juniors. My problem is the inconsistency in how the players are used, and the Feng Shui coaching where decisions are made to "boost confidence" or capitalize on "emerging trends". It's like the ice time is given based on chart analysis or astrological alignments.

It's true that we don't have any centres in Hamilton that we could call up to replace DD, but we have Briere up here already, a natural centre, playing wing on the fourth line. Briere isn't that good anymore, but he's a better version of DD. In his limited time with Pacioretty, he already did more than DD has all season with him.

So let's say we replace DD with Briere, where else is he going to play? He's not going to supplant Eller or Plekanec, and he'd be useless on the fourth line. Who knows how he'd be on the wing, but I'm happy with everyone in their positions with the exception of Bourque, who should be replaced by Bournival, not DD.

yyzjohn

Banned
This teams season lives and dies with Bergevins handling of DD. If he doesn't dispose of him sooner then later, then well probably miss the playoffs. The guy has 1 fucking point, get him off this team. He's finished, there's nothing left there.

DD only has 1 point this year while playing on the PP quite a bit.

FRsdx2b.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The team's centers are

Eller
Briere
Plekanec
White

It's pretty simple, Therrien is a complete moron and Bergevin just needs to accept he fucked up hard and move on.

Heretic

Welp, that's that. Just cancelled my Xbox One pre-order.

I got a call from GameStop telling me that depending on where I am in line, I might not be able to get it. I told them it was BS and that I was guaranteed a console by the manager. They said that they'll be getting a large shipment but they took more pre-orders than they should have because people always cancel or never pick it up. So I just cancelled it. Not going to bother. I still have my original Day One pre-ordered so I'll be ok :)

I got a call from GameStop telling me that depending on where I am in line, I might not be able to get it. I told them it was BS and that I was guaranteed a console by the manager. They said that they'll be getting a large shipment but they took more pre-orders than they should have because people always cancel or never pick it up. So I just cancelled it. Not going to bother. I still have my original Day One pre-ordered so I'll be ok :)

You are still getting an XB1 at launch, right?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Epic battle tonight between...

The two lowest-scoring PP's (26th and 30th by %) face each other!

Aka Canucks-Florida.

I'll laugh my ass off if Florida (30th PP) scores aa PPG on us (1st PK). It would just fit with the general slump we're in atm.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ranger lines tonight

Brassard-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Boyle-Nash
Pouliot-D.Moore-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Falk-J.Moore

Bruins are starting their backup against us? Shutout incoming.

Well, Battlefield 4 came for Xbox One, but no Xbox to play it, however......

THE WORLD'S END GET!!!!

Completes the Cornetto Trilogy for me, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End all on Blu-Ray and ready for a marathon, whenever I find the time that is to watch them all. :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
1080p+ extra AA patch for AC4 came out this morning? Shit, the game already looked gorgeous before, stoked to get home and see how it looks like now.

Acid08

Banned
Well, Battlefield 4 came for Xbox One, but not Xbox to play it, however......

THE WORLD'S END GET!!!!

Completes the Cornetto Trilogy for me, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End all on Blu-Ray and ready for a marathon, whenever I find the time that is to watch them all. :(
I'm holding out for a crazy boxset. Hope it happens :(

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Battlefield 4 came for Xbox One, but not Xbox to play it, however......

THE WORLD'S END GET!!!!

I will probably pick The Worlds End up next month. Too much cash tied up on Xbox One.

I'm holding out for a crazy boxset. Hope it happens :(

I will probably pick The Worlds End up next month. Too much cash tied up on Xbox One.

I picked up the two comic book looking steel covers for Shaun and Fuzz because they had Blu-Ray, DVD, Ultra-violet, and a download copy all in one (those were the only versions that had all those). Thankfully the standard Blu-Ray one for The World's End already came with all of those.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Here's hoping the flu was affecting Kessel's game for the past few games...

Mess these Islanders (who beat the Penguins in the playoffs last year) up!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I picked up the two comic book looking steel covers for Shaun and Fuzz because they had Blu-Ray, DVD, Ultra-violet, and a download copy all in one (those were the only versions that had all those). Thankfully the standard Blu-Ray one for The World's End already came with all of those.

I wish Ultra-Violet worked in Canada

Marvie_3

Banned

Gamestop does this for EVERY console launch.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It's true that we don't have any centres in Hamilton that we could call up to replace DD, but we have Briere up here already, a natural centre, playing wing on the fourth line. Briere isn't that good anymore, but he's a better version of DD. In his limited time with Pacioretty, he already did more than DD has all season with him.

So let's say we replace DD with Briere, where else is he going to play? He's not going to supplant Eller or Plekanec, and he'd be useless on the fourth line. Who knows how he'd be on the wing, but I'm happy with everyone in their positions with the exception of Bourque, who should be replaced by Bournival, not DD.

I agree Brière should not be in the lower trios, or with such reduced ice time, Therrien refused to answer the question when a journalist asked why Brière was relegated to the 4th trio. I would test DD as wing and see where that goes, balance his ice time there with someone else like Bourque or whichever wingman doesn't perform. Bournival needs more ice time, again more dumb decisions from Therrien "oh he's a kid we have to take things one step at a time", ridiculous, if you want him to grow make him play.

Top Bottom