• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

RC

Banned
Panels are a lot like sitcoms, you need a straight man, the comedy relief, the love interest, and the irratating neighbour. It's why TSN's panel didn't work, they all played the straight man. It made for dull TV.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Panels are a lot like sitcoms, you need a straight man, the comedy relief, the love interest, and the irratating neighbour. It's why TSN's panel didn't work, they all played the straight man. It made for dull TV.
Which one was Healy? The ignorant, delusional, alcoholic uncle?

Razorskin

----- ------
This means I won't get to hear Randorf do commentary for anymore Hab games :(

That's because he only puts out information that he knows is true and has confirmation for, instead of most of the clowns in hockey media who make up bullshit and throw it out there for hits. Friedman is one of the best if not the best in the business.

This deal affects national games, not the regional broadcasts on TSN Canadiens.

Tabris

You're absolutely crazy.

Aaron Ward was the comedy relief, Bob McKenzie was the straight man, James Duthie was the love interest, and whoever was the 4th was the irritating neighbour.

They had the best panel for sure. They offered the best trade deadline coverage. They offered the best draft day coverage. They had fantastic broadcasters. Their on-screen graphics looked really good and crisp. They had better HD broadcast (better trucks / satellites? whatever it was, they looked better)

TSN was clearly superior.

ZeroGravity

I am going to miss TSN's trade deadline and free agent coverage. Sportsnet's is practically unwatchable, and TSN were always the ones to break most news.

EDIT: Assuming they aren't able to do them anymore. I have no idea if thats the case.

Tabris

Ugh, that black and silver graphic at the bottom of their sportsnet connected looks so bad. Some modern design for fuck sake please.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Who's ready for Sunday Night Hockey? Part of NHL Sportsnet package is apparently a Sunday night national game.
I'm okay with this, I enjoy some Sunday night hockey.

I am going to miss TSN's trade deadline and free agent coverage. Sportsnet's is practically unwatchable, and TSN were always the ones to break most news.

EDIT: Assuming they aren't able to do them anymore. I have no idea if thats the case.

Remember when they brought in Eklund? Lewl.

RC

Banned
You're absolutely crazy.

Aaron Ward was the comedy relief, Bob McKenzie was the straight man, James Duthie was the love interest, and whoever was the 4th was the irritating neighbour.

They had the best panel for sure. They offered the best trade deadline coverage. They offered the best draft day coverage. They had fantastic broadcasters. Their on-screen graphics looked really good and crisp. They had better HD broadcast (better trucks / satellites? whatever it was, they looked better)

TSN was clearly superior.

There was no hate, no tension, no arguments of any kind. Hell, we'd be lucky to get a spirited exchange from the TSN panel.
I'm surprised they didn't just break out the old guitar and start singing Kumbuya.

TSN will still cover hockey, they just won't be showing games.......

Maybe Dreger will go to Sportsnet so we get Dreger v. Kypreos showdowns lol

Tabris

There is one potential benefit of this, if this doesn't end TSN as a network (I have a feeling TSN2 may disappear), is that you will get a lot more ESPN shows here.

I want to be able to watch First Take for example.

Tabris

You're telling me. Ugly, metallic emboss effects everywhere.

Remember when they had that weird swwwoooossshh sound when they showed other scores? That was horrible

ALSO FUCKING SPORTSNET ADVERTISING ON THE GLASS, ANNOYS THE HECK OUT OF ME AS IT ALWAYS FLASHES IN AND OUT, AND IS DISTRACTING.

UGH, SO MAD ABOUT THIS.

Razorskin

----- ------
Oh really? Nice, Randorfs one of my favourite commentators, he does a great job on the regional Habs games.

Yeah this was a national TV deal, regional deals in place will still be fine for however long they last, TSN has the Jets broadcasting rights for a decade.

Quick

Banned
TSN will probably pare down their hockey programming to That's Hockey and a cut down version of NHL on TSN.

I don't see TSN2 disappearing, but they'll probably shift their focus to NBA/Raptors games more.

Tabris

TSN will probably pare down their hockey programming to That's Hockey and a cut down version of NHL on TSN.

I don't see TSN2 disappearing, but they'll probably shift their focus to NBA/Raptors games more.

I think you'll see a bigger focus on NFL coverage (in terms of shows and programs).

Quick

Banned
I think you'll see a bigger focus on NFL coverage (in terms of shows and programs).

That too, probably.

The NBA falls closest to the NHL's schedule, so I'd imagine the Raptors get primary coverage on TSN, with other games on TSN2, with exception to flipping the Raptors to TSN2 to get big games (Lakers and Heat) on TSN.

NFL on Thursdays and Sundays could bump the Raptors to TSN2 on days they conflict. I don't think TSN needs to really adjust their NFL coverage, except adding Thursday games.

Quick

Banned
TSN is fucked.

Kate Beirness and Natasha Staniszewskcan can only hold viewers attention for so long.

Better start pairing them together more.

Tabris

No, the other networks were kind enough to pay all of that money but still let TSN broadcast the most important games of the entire season.

You realize regular season and playoff broadcasting rights are almost always treated separate and TSN may have decided to invest all of the broadcasting right bid money into the playoff schedule only.

SO SCREW OFF WITH YOUR SARCASTIC BS :p

RC

Banned
TSN is fucked.

Kate Beirness and Natasha Staniszewskcan can only hold viewers attention for so long.

Better start pairing them together more

jBQGmLO.gif

You realize regular season and playoff broadcasting rights are almost always treated separate and TSN may have decided to invest all of the broadcasting right bid money into the playoff schedule only.

SO SCREW OFF WITH YOUR SARCASTIC BS :p

Yes. But I doubt CBC would skimp on playoffs if the deal is as lucrative as it sounds.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yes. But I doubt CBC would skimp on playoffs if the deal is as lucrative as it sounds.

You're forgetting that the CBC is technically dirt poor (and public, not private). I don't even know where they're getting the money from for this deal (I'm gonna guess...... us.)

Jayhawk

The Sportsnet Leafs games are the ones I usually skip during the season since I don't like to watch or listen to Kypreos. I guess I will be forced to start watching Sportsnet more. The random girls I see doing sports highlights on the rare occasion I do watch - they aren't bad.

Socreges

Banned
No hockey on TSN..... oh well. Canucks games on Sportsnet and whatever HNIC has got on is what I actually make time to sit down for. And presumably Sportsnet is going to try and revamp their hockey programming.

This is really a huge blow to TSN. I wonder how they're going to refocus their resources. Do they still want to have numerous shows dedicated to the NHL, promoting a league that they can't even carry? Will they put NHL highlights on the back burner behind CFL and NBA? Could they maybe try and snatch up the Blue Jays from Sportsnet? Does anyone in Canada really give a shit about anything but hockey?

I like the new theme though.
Same.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I just noticed tonight that the Panthers have started using Pitbull - Don't Stop The Party as their goal horn music :lol

I can't begin to tell you how happy that makes me.

pitbull.gif

Tabris

I am super disappointed but I think the direction they should go is make TSN the true ESPN of the North. Give coverage to NFL, College Football, and NBA. Have shows like First Take, 30 on 30, E:60, ESPN Films, SportsNation, etc.

Top Bottom