• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Breaking News!

http://blogues.radio-canada.ca/blog...ete-knock-outes-pour-une-poignee-de-monnaie/#

English version: http://translate.google.com/transla...ete-knock-outes-pour-une-poignee-de-monnaie/#

If you know someone who believes he maintains good business relations with Gary Bettman, render him a service and advise him nicely to stay on guard.

Bell executives (which operates TSN and RDS sports channels) have learned it the hard way at the beginning of the week, when they saw their long and fruitful association with the NHL go up in smoke for an insignificant amount. A sum equivalent to virtually pocket change.

[...]

First, because "the two offers were very similar" and, secondly, because throughout the negotiations, Bettman clearly expressed his satisfaction with the proposals made by Bell and suggested to his interlocutors - and his old partners - that they were on the right track.

However, according to several sources familiar with the negotiations, the offer made by Bell amounted to 5 billion. TSN and RDS have been discarded as used tissues due to a difference of some $ 200 million spread over 12 years, ... 16.6 million per year!

How much cash did this guy get under the table?

U3L0ZD9.jpg

So the Blue Jackets claimed Corey Tropp from Buffalo. This D'Agostini move still makes no sense. Nolan's gonna put him on a line with Leino, I guess as the "we were good in 2010" line.

sammich

Noooo. Moneyhands on injured reserve. Hairline fracture in foot. I blame Kane, thug.

It happened a few games ago in practice. Wideman is now out 6 to 8 weeks as well. Oh well.. hopefully the call ups from the Heat will help. They are kicking everyones ass down in the AHL right now so hopefully they can infuse some energy in the big club.

sammich

As much as i hate SN, the more i think about it i understand why they went with them. SN has a crap load of channels. They can show everything they want on their network at the same time. TSN only has 2 and has to overflow into CTV etc which might not be as easy. Another big thing is i dont recall any article saying that Bell would work with CBC at all for HNIC, whereas all the articles ive read say that Rogers will work with them(for the time being and take all profits).

Anyway, SN still sucks sweaty donkey sack.

Last time I had an existential crisis on Facebook, it turned into somebody mentally describing the Dalai Lama having sex with me because somebody else mentioned "Dalai Lama getting all up in your shit and getting you to calm down".

Never have an existential crisis on Facebook.

THERE'S NO LIMIT

Is there any way you can tell me about any of the players in that series, and why the Sharks and Leafs were playing each other in 1994? Same division or something?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2...fensive-performance-among-the-nhls-defencemen

For those that put any value in advanced stats:
Breakdown of which defensemen have performed the best so far this season, based on actual corsi vs expected corsi (so if you're doing a lot better than your team&teammates are doing).

Leading among "creating the most offense" is PK Subban, no big surprise there.

Leading among "best defense", Mark Pysyk, who seems to be doing relatively well on a super crappy buffalo team. He's also ranked highly in creating offense.

Overall results have Pysyk and Ehrhoff at 1&2 who seem to play excellent given their team. Subban is 3rd overall, seemingly otw to another Norris nomination.

ALSO SUCK IT DIAZ IS GREAT DEFENSIVELY YOU HATERS

Edit: rewrote the result, check data for yourself if i got it wrong.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Too risky, lets keep Bouwmeester, Pietrangelo, Vlasic, Boyle, etc ahead of him.

Who even says this, though? I haven't heard this since he was a rookie.....and he WAS a defensive liability back then.
Lots of talking heads in the media say he is still too risky to be on the Olympic team, and Dredger said a month ago that a source from the Olympic committee told him Subban is on the outside looking in behind Boyle, etc on the depth chart right now.

Top Bottom