• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2013 |OT| 3rd Degree Assault. 2nd Degree Kidnapping. 1st Degree Racism

malfcn

Not sure how old this is, but I chuckled.

A1xzpAT.jpg

Hunter S.

Dater was kind enough to point out that the Avs are 29th in Cap space used. Dat cost effectiveness.

http://capgeek.com/
At least they seem willing to spend this year. Still waiting on that great D man that wants to win. This also reminds me of Roy remarking how they played it smart while other teams constantly struggled to get under the cup due to poot budgeting. Good stuff.

Stasis

I'd rather hang on to Boyle but I'm assuming no one wants Pyatt.

Miller I'm ok with, even though I think he has the potential to be a physical two-way we'd love on the third who could fill in on the second. I'll be upset if Kreider is being discussed. Same with J. Moore.

I know you have to give to get. DZ, Miller and a pick works. Not sure it's enough, even with Russia factor.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
My big issue with Yakupov is that he seems like a severe flight risk. Unless his attitude is just a ploy to get himself out of Edmonton, I would be surprised if he's not in the KHL in a couple of years where he can play the way he supposedly wants to play.

Acid08

Banned
Sharks lineup looks the same for tonight, Irwin still sitting. Still really think we need a good #4 to go with Boyle, neither Irwin or Stuart are good enough.

TMac had some choice words yesterday about the team's preparedness level for the game today. I had the same worry, they need a win and it isn't guaranteed just because we're playing Buffalo. The guys need to be ready to go hard out there and not underestimate anyone.

Holiday

Banned
I'm nervous about tonight's game. Eller will score three goals on Halak, and Lapierre will turncoat and board Pietrangelo.

manfestival

The lightning have been winning and it's a nice change of pace from the suffering I do with the bucs. So I gotta ask, have they earned respect with a new coach and this performance?

Didn't Desharnais score like 60 points a few seasons ago? I remember lots of Habs fans calling him a great find, part of the future core, and so on.

What happened?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't Desharnais score like 60 points a few seasons ago? I remember lots of Habs fans calling him a great find, part of the future core, and so on.

What happened?

He was a pretty good find, but I'm not sure many considered him a part of the core going forward. He was always a stopgap solution until Eller was ready. The problem is the team signed him to a new contract, paying him more than they should, and over the last three years he's been getting preferential treatment from the coaching staff regardless of his play.

As for his play, I don't know what happened. He's lost all edge to his game, which wasn't much to begin with, but he avoids all contact now, and isn't fast enough to get away with it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Desharnais scratched? DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!!!

What happened?
He just simply doesn't give a fuck anymore. Or does crack.

Fei

TMac had some choice words yesterday about the team's preparedness level for the game today. I had the same worry, they need a win and it isn't guaranteed just because we're playing Buffalo. The guys need to be ready to go hard out there and not underestimate anyone.

Yes, it is. Most people don't believe how bad Buffalo is until they see them play. If SJ gives 50% effort, they will win comfortably.

Solo

What happened?

Pick one:

- reality set in
- he wasn't blessed with two wingers having career years ever again
- he got paid and stopped giving a fuck
- he got exposed when he didn't have easy matchups or great wingers
- all of the above

Giroux has no goals in his last 19 games, and Hartnell has no assists in his last 30 games. They are just saving them all up to unload on the league.

Giroux has no goals in his last 19 games, and Hartnell has no assists in his last 30 games. They are just saving them all up to unload on the league.

You're doing it wrong--that's way too much optimism!

Neither will score tonight. Mason will get a concussion. Couturier's knee will explode, hitting Read with the bone shrapnel and blinding him

Voracek will seemingly make it through the match alright, but will end up with PTSD.

Berube will respond by putting Hall Gill on the first line next game.

Holmgren will announce he's trading our upcoming first round pick for Kaleta.

Lunqvist and Giroux were my first two picks in my fantasy league. Pretty much dead in the water right off the bat, feels bad man.

Yeah that is some terrible luck. Those sound like very good picks before the year but neither guy has done anything. Hopefully G's problem is just the finger and it will improve over time.

Zod I am afraid that your predictions are much more likely then mine going off how this year has gone so far.

If Rob Ford ends up resigning then I want him to be our PP coach immediately.

My big issue with Yakupov is that he seems like a severe flight risk. Unless his attitude is just a ploy to get himself out of Edmonton, I would be surprised if he's not in the KHL in a couple of years where he can play the way he supposedly wants to play.

Yeah, and he can have all the broken necks and concussions he wants in the KHL.

Having Boudreau as your HC is as close as you'll get to that every happening.

As similar as Hagen Dasz is to crack, it's just not the same.

And now I'm reminded about how much I love Brucey.

Bruce Boudreau is the best Ducks coach since Babcock <3

07 Carlyle doesn't count. Even PJ Stock could've coached that team to a championship.

Top Bottom