• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Lies we have like summer and spring with some light fall mixed into it all.

Guys I had to bust out the thick comforter tonight. It's going to get down to 52 tonight.

Took out my comforter too. It's been a rough couple days here. I heard my heater turn on last night my natural gas bill is gonna be north of thirty bucks at this rate.

Canucks did alright tonight. Back to back, played most of the game with 5 defencemen, and still got a point out of a contender.

OT Sedinery is best Sedinery.... can't believe he missed that, he's normally clutch that close

Pretty good game. Slowly getting excited about Horvat. He's great on faceoffs, solid defensively, and like so many his age just needs to find more confidence offensively but the skillset is there. At a minimum he hasn't given them any reason to send him down - not a liability at all

I was astounded at the speed and accuracy of the return pass. Too bad he missed it.

Yeah Horvat has been solid. I hope he stays with the team.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Vancouver has 2-3 months of summer, 1 month of winter and the rest is rainy meh.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Schneider is starting again tomorrow, breaking Brodeur's franchise record of starting 19 to start a season.

HE WANTED TO BE A STARTER

NOW HE CAN PLAY 82 GAMES

SEE HOW HE LIKES THAT

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Good morning everyone.

Start your day off with a new Leaf controversy!

They didn't salute the crowd after the win CONTROVERSY!!!!

Solo

I know it's early and there's a lot of hockey to be played, but as of this moment, both Patches and Pleks have really stepped up and seem more deserving of the C than Subban. I expect him to step up and change my mind by the end of the season, but if I had to give it to someone right now it would probably be Patches.

For real? Outside of the past week where he's started finally playing, Patches has been Subban level before that. Floating around the perimeter. He gets by because he has an elite shot, but prior to this week his wasn't impressing me at all.

No one is wearing the C because no one is worthy of it yet.

zroid

Banned
Apparently the non-salute was an organized effort by the team? :lol this city is in shambles

edit: vv Mirtle is the best

Spl1nter

Good morning everyone.

Start your day off with a new Leaf controversy!

They didn't salute the crowd after the win CONTROVERSY!!!!

@mirtle
Never mind saluting the crowd - the Leafs should have saluted the media last night!

@mirtle
Salute me dammit! I wrote a game report of reasonable quality and length!

@mirtle
28% of fans are fired up about all this today!
Maybe next win the Leafs can do handstands at centre ice?

@mirtle
I saluted the fans last night. No one noticed.

@mirtle
I'm off today so I'll miss a day filled with salute stories. Sad. Could have written history of saluting, beginning with medieval knights.

Mirtle killing it on twitter. Also this retweet:

@mcauz56
Coming up at 9:30am @mirtle will break down the #Leafs compete level & why the players hate the fans.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I love that even in winning the Leafs managed to give everyone something to complain about. That's going the extra mile.

Samyy

I'd be surprised if fans noticed. Do people actually wait to see that idiotic stick in the air gesture?

The funny thing is, if it was so important, why do they never show it in broadcasts? Us tv-watching folk not deserving enough?

I didn't even think it was a regular thing, I just thought they did it after like big wins or something.

kingslunk

I'd be surprised if fans noticed. Do people actually wait to see that idiotic stick in the air gesture?

I like it here in Dallas. We get it once in a blue moon when the crowd is actually loud and the team rallies to get a comeback.

Generally Dallas is a real quiet arena (real sad tbh).

They did it when they rallied against Minnesota in the Modano retirement game, and when we clinched playoffs.

Random regular season game makes no sense.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I like it here in Dallas. We get it once in a blue moon when the crowd is actually loud and the team rallies to get a comeback.

Generally Dallas is a real quiet arena (real sad tbh).

They did it when they rallied against Minnesota in the Modano retirement game, and when we clinched playoffs.

Random regular season game makes no sense.

A total aside, but this reminded me of the Kings fan sitting behind me in Game 2 of last season's playoffs telling his Kings fan buddy about Teemu Selanne's "old partner" Mike "Molano" and how they used to play together on the Dallas Rangers. I'm pretty sure he was thinking of Kariya but God only knows.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Is the New York media like this?

I'm only asking because media here make that claim it's the same in every big market.
Generally speaking? No. Unless you're Carmelo Anthony or John Tortorella or anybody associated with the Jets. Which, to be fair, the Jets are probably the closest thing we have to the Leafs.

Cactus

Banned
It would be nice if the media was respectful enough in situations like this to stand back and let things happen without reacting negatively. Manufacturing idiotic and irrelevant stories like this one does nothing but hinder the team.

The Leafs had a great bounce-back game, yet the big story the next morning is that they didn't wave their sticks to the fans for 45 seconds afterwards...and somehow this is being directly tied to Phaneuf's leadership capabilities? GTFO.

Foggy

A total aside, but this reminded me of the Kings fan sitting behind me in Game 2 of last season's playoffs telling his Kings fan buddy about Teemu Selanne's "old partner" Mike "Molano" and how they used to play together on the Dallas Rangers. I'm pretty sure he was thinking of Kariya but God only knows.

LOL

yyzjohn

Banned
Leafs on pace for 90 points and just missing the playoffs again. Resulting in a shit draft pick and even more years of mediocrity. Ah yes, and it goes round and round.

Exactly. It feels like this is some idea a suit cooked up to help build rapport between the fans and the collection of socially awkward jockos that is the Leafs' roster.

Cactus, did you really think that was a great bounce-back game? It was nice for them to get the W, but they again gave up too many shots and are relying on a high shooting and save percentage.

Top Bottom