• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

Solo

Bournival draws in tonight and Moen sits, finally!

Weise - Desharnais - Pacioretty
Gallagher - Plekanec - Galchenyuk
Parenteau - Eller - Bourque
Bournival - Malhotra - Prust

Leafs float for the Santa Claus Parade.

10644954_10152789355635199_2215144897333316971_n.jpg

Reimer :(

T.T Fuck sakes. I like Reimer a lot more than Bernier.

That Vladimir Tarasenko goal was amazing.

Razorskin

----- ------
Bournival draws in tonight and Moen sits, finally!

Weise - Desharnais - Pacioretty
Gallagher - Plekanec - Galchenyuk
Parenteau - Eller - Bourque
Bournival - Malhotra - Prust
Replace Bourque with Sekac please

And dear lord Weise on the 1st line.

The rumors are saying the stars are actually going to trade nichushkin for myers

This would be an interesting trade. Myers hasn't shown much after an impressive rookie season. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery, or maybe his one good year was a fluke. He's only 24 and defencemen do take longer to peak.

Nichushkin is 19, but a potential Norris D-man is a lot harder to find than a potential 30-goal scorer.

If I were Buffalo I'd wait. There is probably going to be a better offer.

Solo

They really should put BGally back with DD-Patches, and PAP back with AGally-Pleks, and Sekac back with Bork-Eller. Or sit Bork.

Patches - DD - BGally
AGally - Pleks - PAP
Bournival - Eller - Sekac
Prust - Malhotra - Weise

Bench/traded: Moen, Bork

kingslunk

This would be an interesting trade. Myers hasn't shown much after an impressive rookie season. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery, or maybe his one good year was a fluke. He's only 24 and defencemen do take longer to peak.

Nichushkin is 19, but a potential Norris D-man is a lot harder to find than a potential 30-goal scorer.

If I were Buffalo I'd wait. There is probably going to be a better offer.

Or Myers is a bust and Nichushkin becomes a monster.

I just know that buffalo said that's what they wanted for him.

Razorskin

----- ------
They really should put BGally back with DD-Patches, and PAP back with AGally-Pleks, and Sekac back with Bork-Eller. Or sit Bork.

Patches - DD - BGally
AGally - Pleks - PAP
Bournival - Eller - Sekac
Prust - Malhotra - Weise

Bench/traded: Moen, Bork

This is a lot better, might actually win with this.

Or Myers is a bust and Nichushkin becomes a monster.

I just know that buffalo said that's what they wanted for him.

Yes, that's what I said. But there's a reason teams are lining up for Myers. He's also signed for the next five years at $5.5M per, which isn't unreasonable with his potential and a rising cap. Even if he ends up a bust he can be a decent second-pairing defenceman playing 20+ minutes a night.

Unless Nichushkin is the next Malkin I would seriously consider that trade if I was Dallas.

kingslunk

Yes, that's what I said. But there's a reason teams are lining up for Myers. He's also signed for the next five years at $5.5M per, which isn't unreasonable with his potential and a rising cap. Even if he ends up a bust he can be a decent second-pairing defenceman playing 20+ minutes a night.

Unless Nichushkin is the next Malkin I would seriously consider that trade if I was Dallas.

According to hfboards they think the hold up is making sure Gonchar is cleared to ship with Val for cap space.

I think the likely hood of this happening is high.

Acid08

Banned
Tyler Kennedy back from his conditioning assignment in the AHL where he apparently played really well. Should be in the lineup on Thursday.

Nice for the team to actually get some practice time in finally. And after this next road trip our insane schedule of travel will be getting lighter.

Tabris

Man it's insane how Ryan Miller is 8-1 so far for the year. Leads the league in wins.

If you ignore the one game he was torched, his stats are insane for an October for the Canucks. Like Luongo December levels.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Man it's insane how Ryan Miller is 8-1 so far for the year. Leads the league in wins.

If you ignore the one game he was torched, his stats are insane for an October for the Canucks. Like Luongo December levels.

Let's play against some actual teams/go on the california trip first.

Is Horvat finally in? :x

kingslunk

No. Just no. My mother's from Texas. I go visit my family. Your cities are Fresno tier with nicer buildings. Austin is nice though.

What does this even mean? Dallas won the best skyline in the world this year.

Where does your family live?

If cities are the only thing that you have then lol you've already lost.

The cost of living and state taxes are fucking horrendous.

Your state is knee deep high in debt. The morons out there thought it was a good idea to use all the water to grow vegetation in a fucking desert.

California is a shit hole. Most agree America would be better off if it fell into the ocean.

Also since you mentioned Fresno. Fresno and the surrounding area smells like cow shit.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Uh how are the Republicans likely to win the Senate?
Lol America!
The Senate serves 6 year terms. That means that the seats that are up for election this year are, you guessed it, seats the Democrats won in the 2008 election in the wake of Obama's landslide victory. Many of those seats would likely never have gone blue in the first place under normal circumstances.

The Republicans can be successful at local and state levels. Part of this is because a Senate seat in, say, Kansas carries the exact same weight as a Senate seat in New York. A Democratic Senator in New York might get literally millions more votes than a Republican Senator in Kansas, but as far as the Senate is concerned, they're exactly equal. So it's very possible for Republicans to win both the House and the Senate even if most people, as a national whole, vote against them (this happened with the House elections in 2012, I believe, with the Democrats winning the popular vote handily but the Republicans winning a very comfortable majority in the House).

On a national level, they have virtually no chance, barring some extenuating circumstances.

Acid08

Banned
Cost is living is so high because everyone wants to be here.

SoCal produces all of the entertainment you watch and NorCal produces most of the technology you use. Texas has KKK members and the Alamo. Cool.

kingslunk

Cost is living is so high because everyone wants to be here.

SoCal produces all of the entertainment you watch and NorCal produces most of the technology you use. Texas has KKK members and the Alamo. Cool.

Hollywood and the people in it are a fucking joke. Silicon valley aside from the hallmark companies (google) have already started branching to Texas.

Other businesses are already beginning to relocate from California to Texas. (Toyota HQ to Dallas for example).

Enjoy the drought.

Water > Hollywood.

Hollywood and the people in it are a fucking joke. Silicon valley aside from the hallmark companies (google) have already started branching to Texas.

Other businesses are already beginning to relocate from California to Texas. (Toyota HQ to Dallas for example).

Enjoy the drought.

Water > Hollywood.

Oh shit. Kings/Ducks/Sharks-GAF ASSEMBLE!

CA > TX forever.

CA by itself is what, the 8th largest economy in the world?

Better weather, better food

Texas can have droughts too.

perryshush.gif

Your state is knee deep high in debt. The morons out there thought it was a good idea to use all the water to grow vegetation in a fucking desert.

California is a shit hole. Most agree America would be better off if it fell into the ocean.

I have family all over Texas. From Marfa all the way up to Dallas.

Cali has one of the biggest surplus in the nation since Jerry Brown took over. America wouldn't be shit if one of the biggest economies in the world fell into the ocean. Only dumb people would like California disappearing because they don't understand the impact of losing the 8th largest economy in the world would have on the country. You realize how dumb you sound saying that shit? We provide more money than any fucking state. We fund all the poor people in the Southern shit hole states.

Not only are you ignorant but your just hating. The water doesn't go to a desert. The idea that LA and OC are deserts was a marketing scam to get more water diverted to the Southern part of the state. The Central Valley is the world's producers of fruit and vegetation. It's the only place in the US that can grow quality produce all year round. No other state has the soil we have. The Bay Area is the world's center for technology development.

The reason Americans hate Cali is because they're jealous. We don't spend our winters in shit weather. We spend our summers and winters at the beach but at the same time we can go camping and hiking because the mountains are a few hours away.

Smiley90

Also since you mentioned Fresno. Fresno and the surrounding area smells like cow shit.

Lolno. Unless you mean Florida. Then yes.

Oh and you don't have to tell me Fresno smells like cow shit. I grew up there. That's what happens when you have the largest dairy producers in the US. It's our biggest export.

TruthFact: California is the nation's largest farming state.

TruthFact: California made the "Texas Cowboy" image on a sound stage. When people think of Texas they are thinking of the state that Hollywood made popular. Let's be honest no one would go to that place if it wasn't for the influence of cowboy movies and the image they sold to the world.

Foggy

Oh and you don't have to tell me Fresno smells like cow shit. I grew up there. That's what happens when you have the largest dairy producers in the US. It's our biggest export.

TruthFact: California made the "Texas Cowboy" image on a sound stage. When people think of Texas they are thinking of the state that Hollywood made popular. Let's be honest no one would go to that place if it wasn't for the influence of cowboy movies and the image they sold to the world.

BBQ

It is an odd situation though. That central valley is GREAT for farming except for one thing . . . water. But we ship in lots of water. And they suck a lot of it out of the ground.

However, now with massive drought and the groundwater tables dropping . . . California agriculture will face a difficult future unless we get much more rain. If this is the "new normal", agriculture just probably can't remain as big.

kingslunk

I have family all over Texas. From Marfa all the way up to Dallas.

Cali has one of the biggest surplus in the nation since Jerry Brown took over. America wouldn't be shit if one of the biggest economies in the world fell into the ocean. Only dumb people would like California disappearing because they don't understand the impact of losing the 8th largest economy in the world would have on the country. You realize how dumb you sound saying that shit? We provide more money than any fucking state. We fund all the poor people in the Southern shit hole states.

Not only are you ignorant but your just hating. The water doesn't go to a desert. The idea that LA and OC are deserts was a marketing scam to get more water diverted to the Southern part of the state. The Central Valley is the world's producers of fruit and vegetation. It's the only place in the US that can grow quality produce all year round.

The reason Americans hate Cali is because they're jealous. We don't spend our winters in shit weather. We spend our summers and winters at the beach but at the same time we can go camping and hiking because the mountains are a few hours away.

No need to be a literalist.

You realize how dumb you sound saying that shit?
Good job attacking the person. Let me show you an example why this is bad:

Not only are you ignorant but your just hating.
You're* you dumb shit. - See this just derails us from the argument. You should know better than this you seem like an educated guy.

Anyway didn't realize how passionate you were about California. I guess my provocative snide remarks really did tip you off the deep end.

When I went to CA I was in Anaheim and it was a nightmare. Didn't have the chance to go anywhere else.

I'll never go to Texas.

Also ^^^^^^^^ looooooool is this really happening

Smiley90

Canada > US pshhhhh

In hockey news, HORVAT CONFIRMED TO MAKE NHL DEBUT TONIGHT WOOOO

No need to be a literalist.

Good job attacking the person. Let me show you an example why this is bad:

You're* you dumb shit. - See this just derails us from the argument. You should know better than this you seem like an educated guy.

Anyway didn't realize how passionate you were about California. I guess my provocative snide remarks really did tip you off the deep end.

Hey I'm trying to write a proposal and argue on the internet. It's hard.

and I love California. The only place I would leave it for is Paris. Only place I have lived that I love more than Cali.

I love me some Memphis dry ribs, but at the end of the day beef ribs >>>>>>>>> pork ribs. Dammit now I'm hungry

I do like Beef more than pork. When I was in Tennesse (like 15 years ago) I went to some hole in the wall that had a beef and pulled pork sandwich. It was amazing.

kingslunk

Hey I'm trying to write a proposal and argue on the internet. It's hard.

and I love California. The only place I would leave it for is Paris. Only place I have lived that I love more than Cali.

I actually wouldn't mind spending time in California. I really like Dallas though. Don't care too much about the other parts of Texas.

I'd consider liking California but the ducks are there, and well fuck the ducks.

Also scientology.

Next time you're in the Dallas area should meet up at Pecan Lodge. Have some reallllllllllly good Texas BBQ.

Top Bottom