• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

I'm still upset your EASHL player was black for a while.

Also, Pokemon on Friday/Saturday.

I'm sure you were.

You should have seen him taking the aggression out on one of the other team's players in a fight, towel. I can see why no one fucks with Switzerland now. Jesus christ.

Quick

Banned
GTA IV's driving annoys the shit out of me.

I'm replaying the episodes, and it feels like I'm steering a fucking blimp or something.

RC

Banned
I remember giving a friend of mine grief for playing Pokemon on his Game Boy Colour back in the day.
"You're mother fucking 14, why are you playing a kids game?" I asked him.
He just looked at me, his face devoid of all expression, and said in an empty, hollow voice, "Because... I have to catch them all."
I knew then, that my friend was dead. And in his place was a soulless shell of a man, consumed by the one thing he loved so dear, Pokemon.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
1TptH.gif

I missed today's game but saw the score. I don't know if I want to watch the full things or the highlights. Probably the full thing tomorrow I guess, I'm guessing it was a good/close game

Anyone listen to Thee Oh Sees? They're awesome as hell

maybe one of the best gifs ever.

I think the best reaction gif is the Michael Jordan one. You know the one I'm talking about

Montresor

Is the new Pokemon going to have random battles when you walk over grass? Is it going to have caves with persistent random battles? Is it going to require level grinding like every JRPG in existence? Is it going to have, yet again, some rare Pokemon exclusive to conventions?

Solo

Looks like the Habs at least made a game of it, and chalk up another goal for Eller and another assist for AGally.

Need a better result tonight though in Edmonton.

So after a 5 day break and plenty of arts and crafts time, the old men get to take to the ice today against Phoenix. Now to see if they show up to this game or if they need a wheelchair just to move around the ice like they did against Boston.

I'm worried about the kid a bit now, he's going to get tons of attention from teams. Don't need teams trying to send a message by having their goons take shots at him. He's a big dude though so he should be able to handle it and if they focus too much on him that leaves Jumbo and Burns more room to do their thing. What a beautiful line.

Same shit happened with Tarasenko last year. Came out looking strong (although not 4 G/G strong), winning January Rookie, then doesn't keep his head up trying to play a puck up the boards, gets nailed by a goon and is timid the rest of the season.

yyzjohn

Banned
So, Habs fans. You got a good look at the new Flames. You all on the Tabrising wagon about them in the playoffs?

Shocked at the result from last night. I guess Calgary is a hard working team right now, thinking they can beat the odds. I'm sure the lack of talent will catch up with them eventually though. Joey MacDonald?

Cake Boss

Banned
You ppl are putting too much stock into these first 3-4 games. Like bawb makenzie said, give it a couple of weeks.

Wow Babby did something other than fall down, miss shots leading to other teams breakaways and getting in front of his teammates.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers lineup tonight:

Richards-Stepan-Callahan
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Pyatt-Boyle-Fast
Dorsett-D.Moore-Asham

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
J.Moore-Stralman

Not sure who's starting in net tonight yet. I'm guessing Lundqvist is going to demand to play.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Flames gameplan seemed designed to counter Montreal last night, they couldn't get anything going through the first two periods.

Montreal eventually adjusted, not sure if Therrien actually changed up his system at all, or if the players just said fuck it, and did whatever they wanted. I think I saw Desharnais less in the third, that probably helped.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
They should try Patches with Pleks and Gio tonight or with Pleks Briere. How long is it going to take for DD to get the ice-time he deserves?

Solo

They should try Patches with Pleks and Gio tonight or with Pleks Briere. How long is it going to take for DD to get the ice-time he deserves?

I've put out the hit on DD, the sniper says he'll get him in Winnipeg.

Hate being 1-2, but LOVE Eller with 4g 2a in 3 games and AGally with 5a in 3 games. dem studs!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I've put out the hit on DD, the sniper says he'll get him in Winnipeg.

Hate being 1-2, but LOVE Eller with 4g 2a in 3 games and AGally with 5a in 3 games. dem studs!

Yep, love that line. Funny that BGally is one of the only players on the team to drive the net or play in front of the net.

Solo

Yep, love that line. Funny that BGally is one of the only players on the team to drive the net or play in front of the net.

Yeah, small dude, big compete level. Like every fucking shift that ends with a whistle in the offensive zone usually involves BGally in the crease getting facewashed by both D-men :lol.

AGally and Eller both have an edge to them too. None of them are scrappers of course, but they all have a bit of nasty in them which is fantastic.

Top Bottom