• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Can't stand that guy, he always sounds like he is angry at the world.

Hadn't listened to him for a while, but the other day I had the radio on and he was going on and on about these "losers" who waited in line for hours to get Rivera bobble head (think it was Rivera). Granted I wouldn't wait in line for a bobble head, but who the fuck cares. He just sounded like an asshole.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oilers named six alternate captains lol......

Also

RT @SportsnetSpec Coach Eakins told Oilers players all morning skates are optional. Rookie and veteran alike.

:lol keep building dat winning culture MacTavish.

LevelNth

Banned
Oh dear lord, here we go. Mirtle's latest article this morning is about why the Leafs won last year because they were 'lucky', and he of courses uses statistical analysis to 'prove' his point.

God damn it Moneyball, thanks a lot.

WJWd76I.jpg

So co-captains in Buffalo... both one year away from UFA... Sounds vaguely familiar, Darcy...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Let us not forget the ones we lost this year.

Be sure to throw on a little extra salt on whatever you eat today for Socreges.

Hopefully Parros has texted Orr his request to fight for tonight.

Parros: Dear Mr. Orr,

I would like to respectfully request an audience with yourself in order to exchange fisticuffs.

Kindest Regards,
George Parros Esq.

Orr: EDFEtyhvfdtyFDTGJjhfdfYESJgbvgGGJbcfbjfddhj

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh dear lord, here we go. Mirtle's latest article this morning is about why the Leafs won last year because they were 'lucky', and he of courses uses statistical analysis to 'prove' his point.

God damn it Moneyball, thanks a lot.

No matter what the outcome he'll still be able to prove his point just by moving the goalposts if need be.

But he now has this to throw on the fire as well:

Interesting comments from TOR's Randy Carlyle: "We want to be more of a puck possession team this year. We've talked about having it more."

LevelNth

Banned
No matter what the outcome he'll still be able to prove his point just by moving the goalposts if need be.

But he now has this to throw on the fire as well:
Which is why he's such a horrendous writer. Since when is having the puck more, bad? Since when does a team SCHEME to not have the puck? What I love the most, and Mirtle's been burned on Twitter about it NUMEROUS times, is he constantly spouts his dislike of +/- because it is too simplistic, yet doesn't realize Corsi and Fenwick are the exact same.

What part of those analyses examine high and low percentage shots? Who gives two shits if your Corsi is off when 28 of the 37 shots you had against were low percentage unscreened clappers from the top of the circle?

Hunter S.

Wonder if he's actually playing on the top line, as Parenteau has been playing with MacKinnon. I actually hope that's not the case as Duchene and Parenteau have great chemistry.

I do not actually know if he was moved from the third line in off-season play, but even if he is there we need a good mucker back. A great physical presence.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Green has to be in the top 5 douchiest looking hockey players.

Parros: Dear Mr. Orr,

I would like to respectfully request an audience with yourself in order to exchange fisticuffs.

Kindest Regards,
George Parros Esq.

Orr: EDFEtyhvfdtyFDTGJjhfdfYESJgbvgGGJbcfbjfddhj
:lol :lol

I really hope, however unrealistic, at some point in his life Green has to apply for a real job with those things on his hands. I'm all for tattoos, but damn those are some job-stoppers.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers power play units are apparently...

PP 1:
Miller-Stepan-Nash
Staal-Richards

PP 2:
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Del Zotto-Girardi

To which I say: why the fuck is Girardi on the PP and not McDonagh?

LevelNth

Banned
Yowza, just noticed the Blackhawks only have 27m in space in two years time (that'll likely be 6-8m higher by then though at least) with only 7 players signed, the year Toews and Kane go UFA.

Can't see either getting less than 9m each. That would leave like 15m for 11-13 guys!

Hunter S.

Roy talks of the Avs trying to get a defensemen.
The Avs have plenty of cap room – about $10.6 million. They could easily take on a $3-4 million player, even two.

“Right now, the problem in the NHL is there are a lot of teams that are close to the cap. They’re trying to unload the player that basically no one wants. That’s no help for us. We need to go for the players that we think will play a role. And quite frankly, I like my four lines, with (Marc-Andre) Cliche as the fifth guy. I’m very comfortable. I don’t mind our D. We’re not going to replace our D with D that we don’t think are going to make our team better.
I am liking the fresh openness of the Avalanche organization.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/09/30/why-the-avs-arent-making-any-trades-right-now/14875/

Heading up to the City of Champs to see the Jets take on the Oil. Jets first regualr season game in Edmonton since 1996, it's going to be fun with all of the Winnipeg fans who will probably show up.

Top Bottom