• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

LevelNth

Banned
Yup, the Raymond role can be filled with a cheaper farm option. That's the future of 3rd/4th liners on teams...cheap guys coming up from the minors.
Honestly you're probably right. I think Bolland is more valuable than Raymond in that respect, as we're low on centres. I could see Leivo filling that spot next year, and then that's another 2m+ we have under the cap.

Even more if Bernier outplays Reimer. The ONLY thing Nonis needs to accomplish this year/next offseason is dishing off Liles IMO.

yyzjohn

Banned
Honestly you're probably right. I think Bolland is more valuable than Raymond in that respect, as we're low on centres. I could see Leivo filling that spot next year, and then that's another 2m+ we have under the cap.

Even more if Bernier outplays Reimer. The ONLY thing Nonis needs to accomplish this year/next offseason is dishing off Liles IMO.

There's always guys that come around that you don't originally consider. Look at Ashton this year suddenly getting a roster spot. Leivo is a good example, perhaps Biggs next season too?

Cake Boss

Banned
It's always fun when TSN talks about the Sens. It's like they go to HFboards 5 minutes before they go on the air to do their research.

Its mostly Mike Johnson and that big mouth former goalie. Bawb Mackenzie actually knows his shit, and for all of the shit Craig Button gets, he actually knows his shit as well.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
My socks are ready!
WP_20131001_001_zps9b69eadd.jpg

Merguson

Banned
Yup now our attention turns to:

"Is Phil Kessel worth this contract?"

I think he's totally worth it.. i mean how else do you replace the offense?

*goal scoring drought*

Dave Nonis probably should have waited.

*goal scoring streak*

What a great move by Dave Nonis to sign Kessel early!

*Kessel side-lined day to day with minor injury*

Gee I don't know, shouldn't have Dave Nonis waited to make sure Kessel didn't suffer any major injuries?

*Kessel playing like a 30-goal sniper*

He should be doing more with that contract of his.

Quick

Banned

$8 million with a limited no-trade clause sounds good to me. Bobo had his estimates a bit slightly off with that $8.25 and $8.5 million price range he cooked up. But he did ballpark it between $7.5 and $8.5 earlier on.

yyzjohn

Banned
I think he's totally worth it.. i mean how else do you replace the offense?

*goal scoring drought*

Dave Nonis probably should have waited.

*goal scoring streak*

What a great move by Dave Nonis to sign Kessel early!

*Kessel side-lined day to day with minor injury*

Gee I don't know, shouldn't have Dave Nonis waited to make sure Kessel didn't suffer any major injuries?

*Kessel playing like a 30-goal sniper*

He should be doing more with that contract of his.

You can't replace Kessel's scoring if he walks so they had to sign him. He's been top 10 scoring for two straight seasons and is just 26, so his best years should be ahead of him.

LevelNth

Banned

This year is going to be glorious.

Kessel doesn't score tonight: "What are you doing with that contract? LOLeafs"

Reimer gets a shutout: "Idiots traded for Bernier, LOLeafs fail"

Bernier gets a shutout: "TRADE REIMER NOW!!1!"

Cagey

Banned
Because it's a good goalie in front of a defense that allowed 23 shots on goal per game.

Our goalies last year had the lowest save percentage in the whole league which didn't help when we had the 28th worst offense and a shit powerplay.

Now we can win 2-1, 3-1, 2-0 games that we would've lost last season.

And the offensive numbers suggested rather horrendous luck. Not to say we'll suddenly field a top 10 unit, but the offense improving to 21st is a sizable jump.

This smells like Poni got a call from Lou a few hours prior.

The Sopranos is real shit.

Yep. Sleeper cell.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This year is going to be glorious.

Kessel doesn't score tonight: "What are you doing with that contract? LOLeafs"

Reimer gets a shutout: "Idiots traded for Bernier, LOLeafs fail"

Bernier gets a shutout: "TRADE REIMER NOW!!1!"

Haha yesssss I can't wait! This is when I get to distinguish which reporters are trying to push their own agendas or are genuine in their analysis.

I'm waiting to hear what Steve Simmons will say. Remember he did say there's no way that Phil Kessel and Randy Carlyle would get along, they'd be feuding from day 1...oh they aren't? Oh and Kessel just extended for 8 more years...hmmm.

Brinbe

Totally fine with the Kessel deal, glad we locked him up. Don't think Celine's gonna get quite the same treatment.

Osorio

And the offensive numbers suggested rather horrendous luck. Not to say we'll suddenly field a top 10 unit, but the offense improving to 21st is a sizable jump.

Exactly.

We'll probably do better at shootouts too. We were 2-7 last season.

cube444

This Kessel deal will look like a bargain in two years when the salary cap skyrockets.

Subban at $10 million per for his next contract?

Top Bottom