• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Free 15 G for NHL 14 players on the 360:

Play > Online > EASHL > EASHL Seasons > Leaderboards > hit A > choose Band of Buds > View Club > EASHL Seasons

Enjoy the 'Victorious' achievement.

Such a joke, EA.

So hey, Battlefield 4 looks great and has a really rare treat for a Battlefield game: The guns don't feel like complete garbage. Bullets go where you want them to. I also love the insane ash all over the center of Shanghai after that skyscraper falls.

So hey, Battlefield 4 looks great and has a really rare treat for a Battlefield game: The guns don't feel like complete garbage. Bullets go where you want them to. I also love the insane ash all over the center of Shanghai after that skyscraper falls.

I would play but Microsoft blows.

Always room in the master race.

Yeah let me just shell out a couple hundred dollars I don't have... :p

PS4 is pushing it at 399. No way could I manage a gaming PC that I need to update parts on every couple of years.

Not until after college is done at least.

Osorio

Having a Vezina winning goalie didn't get Columbus into the playoffs, I'm not sure why everyone is suddenly shoeing them in.

Because it's a good goalie in front of a defense that allowed 23 shots on goal per game.

Our goalies last year had the lowest save percentage in the whole league which didn't help when we had the 28th worst offense and a shit powerplay.

Now we can win 2-1, 3-1, 2-0 games that we would've lost last season.

Solo

I'm off to Montreal for the game then followed by 2 days of bad decisions. Enjoy the start of the season gents/cunts, see you on Thursday!

Pre-emptive gif time.....

oxgUr.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Mike Babcock on Tatar being a healthy scratch (after blatantly outplaying most guys on the roster his preseason):

"Tie goes to the veteran."

Smh

Mike Babcock on Tatar being a healthy scratch (after blatantly outplaying most guys on the roster his preseason):

"Tie goes to the veteran."

Smh

Not the better player right?

So taking bets now on how many games I make it into the season where I don't turn the game off preemptively out of anger and rage. Looking at the stupid coaching/gm decisions for game 1, I'm going to go with making it through .47695 games!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not the better player right?

So taking bets now on how many games I make it into the season where I don't turn the game off preemptively out of anger and rage. Looking at the stupid coaching/gm decisions for game 1, I'm going to go with making it through .47695 games!

I fully expect to rage quit several games early on.

How much would you want to pay for Phaneuf?

6.0 to 6.5 million.

We have amazing contracts for all our core defensemen.

Alzner $2.8 million for the next 4 years.
Carlson $3.9 million for the next 5 years.
Green $6.0 million for the next 2 years.

We have room :D

yyzjohn

Banned
6.0 to 6.5 million.

He won't take under $6.5M which is what he's currently making.

Curufinwe

Our bottom pairing has a 7.5m cap hit, lol and an actual salary of $9m. But I think they are going to keep trying to trade Meszaros.

6.0 to 6.5 million.

I would take Phanuef in Philly at $6 million for five or six years, but I think he will score 50 points this year and want $7 million for seven or eight years.

7/30 teams already using LTIR according to capgeek. I thought it was just going to be us and Boston.

http://www.capgeek.com/

LevelNth

Banned
If we get Kessell for roughly 8m, there's basically no impact on our cap as the increase is taken care of by the 2m from Armstrong and Tucker (!!) coming off the books, and the 500k from the Bernier trade.

So basically this season is going to come down to who plays their way to an extension, or out prices themselves off the team.

The Gardiner and Franson extensions will be the biggest impact on Phaneuf. Not sure I can see us keeping all three.

Cake Boss

Banned
This TSN preview show makes me hate Mike Johnson. An entire team could go down to injury or be replaced by peewee minor league players, but as long as they have a goalie that does all the work and plays 75+ games they're a lock for the playoffs. Shut up.

He really is the worse.

Anderson apparently was shit for 1 season and had only 1 good season for Ottawa, according to Mike FuckwadJohnson.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
If we get Kessell for roughly 8m, there's basically no impact on our cap as the increase is taken care of by the 2m from Armstrong and Tucker (!!) coming off the books, and the 500k from the Bernier trade.

So basically this season is going to come down to who plays their way to an extension, or out prices themselves off the team.

The Gardiner and Franson extensions will be the biggest impact on Phaneuf. Not sure I can see us keeping all three.

There's also Paul ranger

And reimer

Basically... We are kinda fucked. Unless the cap increases by $15-20 mil lol

LevelNth

Banned
There's also Paul ranger

And reimer

Basically... We are kinda fucked. Unless the cap increases by $15-20 mil lol
See I actually don't think so. When I look at the Leafs now, two glaring things stick out. One, our third line is too expensive considering the strength of our farm is 3rd and 4th line. And we have too many defensemen.

Way I see it, Fraser, Kulemin and Bolland are gone. The latter two could stay if they slash their salaries, but I doubt both. I personally still think Liles will be dished as well, probably with Kulie.

So with say, a 5% increase in the cap, that would leave us about 30m to sign Phaneuf, Gardiner, Franson, Bolland, Ranger, Raymond, Ashton, McClement and Reimer.

Phaneuf - 6m
Gardiner - 3.75m
Franson - 4m
Bolland - 2.75m
Ranger - 2.5m
Raymond - 3m
Ashton - 1m
McClement - 2.5
Reimer - 5m (if he wins the starter role)

Am I being crazy with that? The biggest question mark to me is Bolland.

JVR-Bozie-Kes
Lup-Kadri-Clarkson
Ashton-Bolland-Raymond
McLaren-McClement-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunner
Gardiner-Frans
Rielly-Ranger

See I actually don't think so. When I look at the Leafs now, two glaring things stick out. One, our third line is too expensive considering the strength of our farm is 3rd and 4th line. And we have too many defensemen.

Way I see it, Fraser, Kulemin and Bolland are gone. The latter two could stay if they slash their salaries, but I doubt both. I personally still think Liles will be dished as well, probably with Kulie.

So with say, a 5% increase in the cap, that would leave us about 30m to sign Phaneuf, Gardiner, Franson, Bolland, Ranger, Raymond, Ashton, McClement and Reimer.

Phaneuf - 6m
Gardiner - 3.75m
Franson - 4m
Bolland - 2.75m
Ranger - 2.5m
Raymond - 3m
Ashton - 1m
McClement - 2.5
Reimer - 5m (if he wins the starter role)

Am I being crazy with that? The biggest question mark to me is Bolland.

JVR-Bozie-Kes
Lup-Kadri-Clarkson
Ashton-Bolland-Raymond
McLaren-McClement-Orr

Phaneuf-Gunner
Gardiner-Frans
Rielly-Ranger

Let Raymond walk.

He really is the worse.

Anderson apparently was shit for 1 season and had only 1 good season for Ottawa, according to Mike FuckwadJohnson.

It's always fun when TSN talks about the Sens. It's like they go to HFboards 5 minutes before they go on the air to do their research.

Top Bottom