• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

TUSR

Banned
you gain a better angle, shield, and screen the puck between your legs at an angle like that.

I have no idea why there is any controversy. its fucked

I know it's just an empty net goal, but man do I love Duchene's speed.
10200352644_6c870e6b56_o.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I take solace in knowing that the Isles would never be willing to actually spend the money to sign Hank.

The Flyers on the other hand...

The best part about all of this stupid goal controversy is what exactly do these idiots think the league will do, even if the league agreed? You scored a goal we don't agree with, enjoy the KHL?

Just shut up about it.

Hope a concussion doesn't sneak up on Hertl after tonight.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gallagher got stoned by Dubnyk there, Gallys will be terrorizing teams for years to come.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Say that happens again. Is this the worst start of any team in a long time?

I don't remember seeing it this bad. It's pretty fucking amazing how bad things are.

The thing I don't understand is just how amazing the team looked against the Kings just a few nights ago. Like, wtf?

Once this game is over we'll be 2-8-0 with preseason and regular season combined, with a ridiculous number of goals against.

I was prepared for things to start badly and ready to be patient until way into November, maybe even December, but this is way worse than I expected. And guys are already getting hurt, which was one of Sather's major reasons for firing Torts in the first place.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Samyy

Looks like it went shoulder-to-shoulder? Could have gone really bad though...
(based on 2nd GIF, first one looks pretty bad....)

Smiley90

completely Hertl's fault there.

edit: fuck the other camera angle disagrees though

I figured out of fairness I should make gifs of both camera angles. Honestly though, it's not like Edler goes straight for the head and throws a huge hit. He just skates and Hertl doesn't look up. He could have EASILY avoided that hit.

TUSR

Banned
I figured out of fairness I should make gifs of both camera angles. Honestly though, it's not like Edler goes straight for the head and throws a huge hit. He just skates and Hertl doesn't look up. He could have EASILY avoided that hit.

Edler braced for the hit, Hertl knows hes there and he still reaches for the puck and makes himself vulnerable.

I dont expect Edler to be reprimanded

Acid08

Banned
He was trying to play the puck and Edler makes no effort to target anything but his head.

At the very least I don't see how it's not a penalty.

snack

Now that I've seen the play in slow motion, Edler didn't really do anything. He just skated and Hertl hit him. It looked like Edler had his eyes on the puck the whole time too.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers are too embarrassed to even give MSG intermission interviews, even though Girardi was scheduled to talk to them after the first.

I don't see things improving any time soon.

Smiley90

He was trying to play the puck and Edler makes no effort to target anything but his head.

Edler makes no effort to do ANYTHING. He doesn't target anything. He just skates and braces for impact. Was he supposed to turn to make himself more vulnerable? Hertl had all the time in the world to avoid the hit/brace himself. He just skates into Edler head-first. I agree that it probably should've been a penalty on the play, but I don't see how it's suspension-worthy.

Looks like he's so focused on gooning that kid that he couldn't even stop before he slams into the boards knees first.

If by 'slams into the boards' you mean "slowly glides into the boards while leaning backwards", then yes.

Not like he propelled himself into Hertl or anything. He just kept skating and "waited" for Hertl to run into him. I agree that it should've been a penalty, but no suspension. Or maybe 1 game.

iMpJZKfryZSVO.gif

ikllrhm93rvNa.gif

See above.

Looks like he's so focused on gooning that kid that he couldn't even stop before he slams into the boards knees first.

Acid08

Banned
Edler makes no effort to do ANYTHING. He doesn't target anything. He just skates and braces for impact. Was he supposed to turn to make himself more vulnerable? Hertl had all the time in the world to avoid the hit/brace himself. He just skates into Edler head-first. I agree that it probably should've been a penalty on the play, but I don't see how it's suspension-worthy.
Alright, you're right. Mistake on the kid. Still, should have been a penalty.

I JUST FEEL PROTECTIVE YA KNOW?

Cat Party

I liked this post better before the edit.

But yeah, that's the kind of hit they are trying to get rid of in the NHL. Totally avoidable head shot.

Top Bottom