• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
alex-ovechkin-checks-alex-semin-in-the-face.gif

I give it a 9/10. He could've landed his face in the other players crotch a bit better.

DETROIT – The season is barely one week old, but Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock has seen enough to conclude something needs to be changed.

Ya don't say? Of course the change will be something stupid along the lines of moving Cleary up to the 2nd line. Instead of maybe benching Franzen for his horrific play and inserting Tatar and Tootoo into the lineup. Our bottom six consists of one too many washed up veterans who can't skate. Those lines should be our energy lines where we have the jump, instead they move around like they are using walkers.

So we play Philly next, can't wait to be embarrassed by a team who can't get things going and have already fired their coach three games into the season.

Solo

Just saw the highlights.......AGally and BGally hnnnnnnnggggg

Fucking gorgeous assists from each other on the goals, and beautiful snipe from AGally.

EGG: 4 gp, 1g6a7pts Galchenyuk, 4g2a6pts Eller, 3g2a5pts Gallagher

*swoon*
*bites lip*

Philly, please beat us tomorrow so Cleary realizes what a horrible mistake he made for resigning with us and wants to play for you guys instead after this season.

Solo

While I'm bummed that EGG has been dismantled, the good news it Eller has basically been promoted to 1C (and shitdick DD dropped to the third line), and AGally and BGally have been promoted to 2LW and 2RW with Pleky (who finally gets to play with some offensively gifted players for the first time since Cammy left).

Nice.

keezy

Ya don't say? Of course the change will be something stupid along the lines of moving Cleary up to the 2nd line. Instead of maybe benching Franzen for his horrific play and inserting Tatar and Tootoo into the lineup. Our bottom six consists of one too many washed up veterans who can't skate. Those lines should be our energy lines where we have the jump, instead they move around like they are using walkers.

So we play Philly next, can't wait to be embarrassed by a team who can't get things going and have already fired their coach three games into the season.

You didn't mention anything about our D. Quincy and Kindl are two of the worst defensemen in the NHL. Only to have Erik Karlsson trump them as the #1 worst defenseman.

We need people who can lay some lumber and make plays at the blue line instead of backing up all the way to Howard.

You didn't mention anything about our D. Quincy and Kindl are two of the worst defensemen in the NHL. Only to have Erik Karlsson trump them as the #1 worst defenseman.

We need people who can lay some lumber and make plays at the blue line instead of backing up all the way to Howard.

No, no and no.... The old Kindl yes, the new and improved Kindl, absolutely not. The pairing of Kindl and Dekeyser have looked excellent and it has been nice to see Kindl grow into a good defenseman. Unless you meant to put Smith, than yes I would agree with that.

"Babcock might move up Mikael Samuelsson, who has a big right-handed shot that's not getting a lot of opportunity on the fourth line"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, well I guess nothing can top this......

Originally Posted by Helene St. James
Babcock has liked the third line more than not, given it brings great size with Andersson, Todd Bertuzzi and Daniel Cleary, but Bertuzzi and Cleary are still looking for their first goals.

Tk3gc.gif

keezy

No, no and no.... The old Kindl yes, the new and improved Kindl, absolutely not. The pairing of Kindl and Dekeyser have looked excellent and it has been nice to see Kindl grow into a good defenseman. Unless you meant to put Smith, than yes I would agree with that.

I'll never forget this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c599v2R3Wd8

Based on the limited amount of games so far this season I can be optimistic and hope for what you're saying. However, I highly doubt Kindl will ever be a solid defensemen.

Curufinwe

Laviolette would not lower Briere's ice time last season even when he was doing nothing but playing bad defense and taking dumb penalties.

I didn't expect the Rangers defense and goaltending to be so awful.

Cactus

Banned
No attempt to avoid the headshot, IMO, and I don't agree with the Nucks fans who argued that he had his eyes on the puck.

Reminds me of his Staal hit. It could have been avoided, but he made no effort to limit or alter the point of impact.

Cactus

Banned
Ron Wilson: Johnny Malkin, Brett Lebda, Mike Komisarek
Randy Carlyle: Mike Kostka, Paul Ranger
Add Bozak to the Carlyle list. He's getting ~23 minutes a game even though he's been mediocre all season, while Kadri has been receiving reduced minutes and Bolland's minutes are all over the place.

Fixed1979

NtN8zzd.jpg

Never post in here anymore, but Vans game last night was just bad. I'm still not sure exactly how bad/good we are this year, beat Edmonton and Calgary who we should have beat, lost to SJ twice who we should probably loose to. As long as we beat the dirty Habs on Saturday I think we are where we should be.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, was just looking at the Rangers Report blog and in the fan poll for the three Rangers stars of the game for last night, Martin Biron was voted first star.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Wings have assigned center Cory Emmerton and goalie Petr Mrazek to Grand Rapids. Gustavsson ready to back-up Howard.

7SrxHpg.gif

So does this mean since Emmerton is out that Tatar will get to play? Actually now that I think of it, probably not, Tootoo will probably play which is fine, at least he will bring some energy to this team but will only play like 2 minutes. Now to just bench one or all of Cleary, Sammy, Franzen (Bert has looked fine but he is on the bubble).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
7SrxHpg.gif

So does this mean since Emmerton is out that Tatar will get to play? Actually now that I think of it, probably not, Tootoo will probably play which is fine, at least he will bring some energy to this team but will only play like 2 minutes. Now to just bench one or all of Cleary, Sammy, Franzen (Bert has looked fine but he is on the bubble).

WOW.

Also, Bertuzzi is now skating with Datsyuk and Zetterberg today.

Uh, ok. Interested to see how that works.

Also, Babcock demoted Alfredsson to third line but NOT Franzen. Not enough LOLs in the world.

Tabris

Outside of Ray Bourque, can you name an about to retire player that went to another team for his last year or 2 that succeeded

WOW.

Also, Bertuzzi is now skating with Datsyuk and Zetterberg today.

Uh, ok. Interested to see how that works.

Also, Babcock demoted Alfredsson to third line but NOT Franzen. Not enough LOLs in the world.

Well at least he is making some changes, probably not the best ones, but at least some. If that doesn't work hopefully someone hits him in the head to make some obvious calls on some players like Franzen for example.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Henrik Lundqvist:

"It’s just an awful feeling out there right now. We are not getting it done. I don’t have an explanation for it. We are just so far from where we need to be to beat a team like this, to just feel a lot faster. I don’t know what to say.
This is probably the first time while I have been in NY that it has been this bad. If you look at the results…..I try to analyze my game and our game. It’s tough to get some good answers because it’s a weird game for us. For a goalie obviously you kind of have to see what you are doing and take away how the other team is playing. I think I am reading the game well, doing the things I should do. There are a few goals here and there that I need to cut down but right now the game is all over the place. It makes it really tough for me to stay with my basics too. There are no excuses, we all have to be better."

I'm going to miss you next season, my liege. :(

Top Bottom