• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Apparently Wings line up for tomorrow is

Z/Pavel/Bertuzzi
Franzen/Weiss/Abby
Cleary/Andersson/Alfie
Miller/Glendening/Tootoo

WUT?

"Hey, I know what will change things around! I'll change up our 4th line! That should easily get the horrible power play going, even though none of those guys play on it" -- Mike Babcock

It's a PLAYER issue, Mike. Franzen isn't going to change being paired with Abdelkader. He's still going to suck.

Andy McDonald has been pretty outspoken against Hitchcock since retiring. Given the rumors of several negative influences in the locker room, the prevailing opinion now is that he was one of the worst.

Which is pretty wierd. Hitch gave him lots of top 6 minutes when the guy would rather turnover the puck than risk a check. Even during the Kings series, when he had more than checked out.

Not to mention that he's bitching on twitter about Hitch not giving Sobotka more minutes when it has been obvious for years that Sobi is one of Hitch's favorite players. That very game Sobi was promoted to the 2nd line.

AMac seemed like a pretty chill guy. Very composed and one of the few players pushing for reason during the lockout.

Acid08

Banned
Hertl should learn how to keep his head up. Using your head to take a shoulder check isn't exactly the smartest thing to do.
And Edler should learn to try to play the puck instead of trying to go for a dangerous hit against someone who doesn't even have possession.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Andy McDonald has been pretty outspoken against Hitchcock since retiring. Given the rumors of several negative influences in the locker room, the prevailing opinion now is that he was one of the worst.

Which is pretty wierd. Hitch gave him lots of top 6 minutes when the guy would rather turnover the puck than risk a check. Even during the Kings series, when he had more than checked out.

Not to mention that he's bitching on twitter about Hitch not giving Sobotka more minutes when it has been obvious for years that Sobi is one of Hitch's favorite players. That very game Sobi was promoted to the 2nd line.

AMac seemed like a pretty chill guy. Very composed and one of the few players pushing for reason during the lockout.

This is a bit surprising, he always seemed like such a hard worker. The way the media talks I thought the issue started and ended with Perron.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone here seen Gravity yet? Might go see it tonight, I've heard good things but I'm still undecided.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here seen Gravity yet? Might go see it tonight, I've heard good things but I'm still undecided.
It's an amazing spectacle in IMAX 3D with cinematography like I've never seen. They could have sold tickets for the opening scene alone, and it would have been worth seeing.

As a narrative, it's "pretty good."

Heretic

I don't think this can go on for too much longer.

tumblr_muhqmpTQBo1s41fdto1_400.gif

I'm loving the fact that they're all diving to stop the puck. I'm serious. The WANT is there. Things just aren't clicking.

jaybeeze

He's made the exact same hit before. He knew what he was doing.

This. He's done this hit multiple times, where they're both going for the puck and at the last second he pops back and knocks the other guy down.

But this was so...tame compared to what he's done in the past.

It's mind boggling.

I saw it last Friday. It was amazing.

jaybeeze

Bieksa was receiving treatment for his foot after the game...

If he can't play Saturday, that'll be 3 KEY players we've lost in two games against the Sharks. For fuck's sake.

Hard to gauge how good this team really is when we can't ever have our full lineup. We don't even have a top 6...More like a bottom 9.

Heretic

If he can't play Saturday, that'll be 3 KEY players we've lost in two games against the Sharks.

For fuck's sake. Hard to gauge how good this team really is when we can't ever have our full lineup.

Ducks know that feel

If he can't play Saturday, that'll be 3 KEY players we've lost in two games against the Sharks. For fuck's sake.

Hard to gauge how good this team really is when we can't ever have our full lineup. We don't even have a top 6...More like a bottom 9.

Has every injury so far resulted from shot-blocking? Schroeder, Burrows, Bieksa?

Montresor

Bernier has a 0.85 GAA and a 0.974 save percentage. He is starting tomorrow against the Oilers. It looks like he's our starting goaltender at this point.

This is a bit surprising, he always seemed like such a hard worker. The way the media talks I thought the issue started and ended with Perron.

I think Perron was just an odd man out, lone wolf. Didn't fit the system, but wasn't an ass about it.

My best guess is McDonald and Halak. Halak seems humble in interviews this year and the players rally around him when he's playing well. I don't think we'll see the groin pull kind of shit from Halak this year given his training, but there's no way we go another full season without a mental breakdown.

Stasis

I really like the guy but Biron should not be starting tomorrow, fuck. I also wanna see some roster moves, because why the fuck not?

Kreider - Richards - Zuccarello
Pouliot - Stepan - Callahan
Boyle - Brassard - Miller
Asham - Moore - Dorsett

Mcdonagh - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Moore - Bickel

Yes, Bickel. Just a shake up while we wait for Hagelin, Nash, and some semblance of defense consistency. We're gonna get fucking killed tomorrow anyway.

Top Bottom