• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well at least he is making some changes, probably not the best ones, but at least some. If that doesn't work hopefully someone hits him in the head to make some obvious calls on some players like Franzen for example.

Oh, and Tatar isn't even rotating in the 4th line today. Too too is, however.

Changes!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
added 12:02pm, And here come the changes, per Khan tweet,

Wings on ice for practice. Alfredsson skating in third line. Bertuzzi, Samuelsson and Tatar all wearing red as potential top 6 forwards

added 12:15pm, Pleiness tweet,

Samuelsson and Tatar appear to be scratches for Saturday's game with Flyers.
So yay and boo at the same time... Looks like Tootoo is gonna see some ice tomorrow.

AHL MVP can't even beat out a bunch of slow old men for a job. Apparently he was in red jersey as well rotating in with the top 6, so if next game doesn't pan out I expect we will see him the following game in the top 6.

Edit: As Wingfan posted

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, uh... Santorelli led all skaters in ice-time against the Sharks yesterday, scored our lone goal, has the most goals on the team and earned playing on a line with the Sedins.

Not bad for a free agency guy that so much expected to be in the AHL that he's on a 2way contract.

Cactus

Banned
Leafs-gaf, here's a quick prospect report:

Andreas Johnson: (18y/o, 2013 7th round): Leading his SEL/SHL team in points (10 in 11 games); well above notable prospects such as Wennberg and Collberg.

Carter Verhaeghe: (18y/o, 2013 3rd round): Second in OHL scoring with 16 points in 8 games.

Connor Brown: (19y/o, 2012 6th round): Third in OHL scoring with 15 points in 8 games.

Revenant

So, uh... Santorelli led all skaters in ice-time against the Sharks yesterday, scored our lone goal, has the most goals on the team and earned playing on a line with the Sedins.

Not bad for a free agency guy that so much expected to be in the AHL that he's on a 2way contract.

Until he remembers he's mike Santorelli...

RC

Banned
Until he remembers he's mike Santorelli...

Sssshhh, don't tell him.

It'll be another Jeff Cowan situation. Gets unseemingly hot, only to drift into obscurity.
Pretty soon he'll be turning tricks in some back alley European league.

TUSR

Banned
7nPDBZa.png

hrtc pls

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Andreas Johnson: (18y/o, 2013 7th round): Leading his SEL/SHL team in points (10 in 11 games); well above notable prospects such as Wennberg and Collberg.

Carter Verhaeghe: (18y/o, 2013 3rd round): Second in OHL scoring with 16 points in 8 games.

Connor Brown: (19y/o, 2012 6th round): Third in OHL scoring with 15 points in 8 games.

I'm disappointed that Greg McKegg has been non-existant for years now.

With a name like that he has to make it dammit!

Hunter S.

The Avalanche being on top of the Central division is joyous.

The Broncos' undeafeted season is spectacular.

Everything feels right in this world.

Should I whip my cock out?

Smiley90

How is Bernier still available in your league?

The best goalies left in my league are like...Mason and Bishop.

Yeah, Bernier is like... The best goalie ATM.

In the GAF yahoo league, my tandem is apparently nr1 in terms of GAA&save%... Bobrovsky&Lehtonen :lol

Smiley90

Yeah, well the Rangers are.....

But the Giants!....

Err, at least the Yankees are doing....

...go Knicks?

Fuck.

Are you guys gonna get your shit together anytime soon? I don't wanna have to drop McDonaugh from my team...

Hunter S.

Let's just hope they keep being undefeated. I'd love if my Broncos beat the dolphins undefeated record.

Being born in Colorado it's always hard to watch for me to watch Stars vs Avs. :/
You can like two teams though. I have an affinity for the Canucks and Sharks myself.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
AHL MVP can't even beat out a bunch of slow old men for a job. Apparently he was in red jersey as well rotating in with the top 6, so if next game doesn't pan out I expect we will see him the following game in the top 6.

Edit: As Wingfan posted

This is what drives me nuts.

Babcock decides to stick with a horrendous Cleary/Franzen last year for the ENTIRE YEAR. He never changes the 2nd PP, which was awful. Were it not for Tatar/Nyquist/Andersson playing strong the last month of the season, the team wouldn't have even MADE the playoffs last year.

Tatar? One game on the 4th line. 9 minutes. "He didn't show me enough."

Screw you, Babcock.

Smiley90

I'd be okay with 3 games if the NHL was consistent. They're not, and it's BS. I think Edler's hit wasn't as bad as Stuart's.

EDIT: please call up Corrado instead of playing Alberts. For the love of god, please.

Smiley90

I just realized that Kassian is back next game, which means Weber moves from 4th line wing to D and we don't have to play Alberts. Crisis averted, for now.

I kind of wonder if Torts will move Santorelli off the Sedins, given how well it's working atm and he wants to see Kassian in action first.

Sedin-Sedin-Santorelli
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Richardson-Hansen

? Maybe flip the 2nd&3rd line wingers, who knows.

EDIT: I still think Hertl could have EASILY avoided that hit i he didn't skate head-first into the bracing-for-impact Edler. If it had been anyone but Hertl they'd have shown more common sense and braced for a normal shoulder hit

I still remember Belfour losing it and trying the blue-line poke-check when he was a Leaf. It happened a few times too, and when it did you knew it was going to get rough.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Apparently Lupul was on the radio and bashed Botchford and doesn't plan to ever give him a quote.

I only find it interesting because I wonder how many other players will do the same. Starting with players on the Canucks.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Wings line up for tomorrow is

Z/Pavel/Bertuzzi
Franzen/Weiss/Abby
Cleary/Andersson/Alfie
Miller/Glendening/Tootoo

WUT?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Apparently Lupul was on the radio and bashed Botchford and doesn't plan to ever give him a quote.

I only find it interesting because I wonder how many other players will do the same. Starting with players on the Canucks.
Probably everyone, or they'll give him basic stock answers. As funny as it was the reporter fucked up there.

Probably everyone, or they'll give him basic stock answers. As funny as it was the reporter fucked up there.

Botchford made a play: Give me attention, I have an EDGY blog.

Unfortunately the principle of the double effect applies: He may now be popular among the mouth-breathers, but he's lost credibility with the players he's supposed to be getting his material from. I'd be really surprised if he ended up advancing his career after this.

ZeroGravity

Seems likely, Botchford may have fucked up his career now because he wanted to get a quote out.
What's worse is that he accused Thornton of being "insolent" in interrupting the interview to tell the joke and that's why he decided the quote wasn't off-the-record.

Top Bottom